What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Predator

Generalzod

Immortal
Its f**king criminal how badly both the Alien and Predator franchises have been butchered given how amazingly both started off.
In regards to the Alien movies Prometheus could have been a great movie the idea was to tell the story of the engineers and the black goo but the powers to be coudidn’t figure out whether this film was an alien film, Shaw and David fly a juggernaut to look for answers Alien Covenant was release finally thinking where going to get those answers all we got was about Davis going psychotic playing god...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
In regards to the Alien movies Prometheus could have been a great movie the idea was to tell the story of the engineers and the black goo but the powers to be coudidn’t figure out whether this film was an alien film, Shaw and David fly a juggernaut to look for answers Alien Covenant was release finally thinking where going to get those answers all we got was about Davis going psychotic playing god...

Agree on both counts. Prometheus tried to be too clever and just got confused.

I think the problem with a lto f these franchise sequels is they turn into filmmaking by commitee- there's probably this big checklist of things the studios/producers think need to be in a big franchise sequel based on what they perceive worked in the originals and can make them max $$. I think the Star Wars films have succumbed to it, the Tolkien ones definitely have.

bileduct

Coach
Just watched it. Easily the worst of them all including avp 1 and 2. And by some margin.

It was almost a parody of itself. The franchise is dead.
lolllll

This franchise died a long time ago. How you people continue to get sucked in is beyond me.

myrrh ken

First Grade
lolllll

This franchise died a long time ago. How you people continue to get sucked in is beyond me.

love and nostalgia for the first one of course. Honestly that is the only standout and the franchise never really took off.

Predator 2 was forgettable mostly. Predators was okay in places.

Zoidberg

First Grade
How you people continue to get sucked in is beyond me.

It’s like any movie really, if you think it looks good, like the director/actor/premise/whatever, you go to see it hoping for the best. If you don’t end up liking it, what’s the big deal?

Wizardman

First Grade
love and nostalgia for the first one of course. Honestly that is the only standout and the franchise never really took off.

Predator 2 was forgettable mostly. Predators was okay in places.
At least the Alien franchise had a very solid base of the fantastic first two movies and a solid third movie. All the Predator series has going for it is the classic original. I have not enjoyed a Predator sequel or spinoff since. Predators started off with promise but descended into crap in the end.

myrrh ken

First Grade
At least the Alien franchise had a very solid base of the fantastic first two movies and a solid third movie. All the Predator series has going for it is the classic original. I have not enjoyed a Predator sequel or spinoff since. Predators started off with promise but descended into crap in the end.

It's interesting isn't it? Alien and Predator are very similar sci-fi horror films about humans being stalked.

Then Aliens, while a good ol action film, developed a backstory and intrigue about the alien itself throughout the movie - where they are from, how they grow etc. Alien 3 didn't really progress the story that much (despite promising to) although I also thought it was solid.

Predator 2 from what I remember was more of a stalking humans flick only until right at the end with the big reveal that the predator is on an intergalactic hunt for trophies. Backstory didn't really develop at all.

Latest posts