What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The press conference

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Gallop said players and manages were careless at least.

He stopped short of accusing them.

In my opinion the players that refused to co-operate should be stood down until such times as they co-operate fully with the investigation.

Timbo

Staff member
I suppose Gallop does have a point - exactly what more can the NRL do to punish them? They've taken it to the nth degree as is.

Patorick

Staff member
Oh and can someone please release the kids tied up in Peter MaCourt's basement?

What a creepy bastard.

skeepe

Immortal
I lost a lot of respect for Gallop with that press conference. Not taking any action against those proven to be responsible is incredibly cowardly.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Agree with Twizzle those players named should be stood down, for sure.

Not sure why people are demanding further penalties on the club, what's been dished out seems wholly appropriate IMO, let them start fresh next year.

What other possible punishments are there anyway?

stormbati

Bench
f**k I don't have time to read through all this dribble.
There was no Evidence the players knew. Full f**kin stop. When Hartigan was asked about side letters and dual contracts he replied and I can't remember what he said precisely but it was in favour of the players not knowing. So all this side letter crap has just been a beat up by the papers.

Now, I'll admit the players were given gifts, but FMD, is this the only club it happens at? And again, stated there was no reason (evidence) the players knew it was breaching the cap.

Short summary, the players didn't know and weren't involved.

_Johnsy

Referee
They've had all their achievements stripped, what more do you want?
Wow they took 2 premierships (trophies) hey still have their premiership rings, penalise them the same amount every rep match fee they received over the breach period. That's a start.

stormbati

Bench
Agree with Twizzle those players named should be stood down, for sure.

Not sure why people are demanding further penalties on the club, what's been dished out seems wholly appropriate IMO, let them start fresh next year.

What other possible punishments are there anyway?

Those players should be stood down? WTF for?

Are you still implying the players knew even when all evidence suggests otherwise?

gronkathon

First Grade
There was no Evidence the players knew. Full f**kin stop. When Hartigan was asked about side letters and dual contracts he replied and I can't remember what he said precisely but it was in favour of the players not knowing. So all this side letter crap has just been a beat up by the papers.

Now, I'll admit the players were given gifts, but FMD, is this the only club it happens at? And again, stated there was no reason (evidence) the players knew it was breaching the cap.

The names of the players will never be completely cleared for the simple fact that they refused to participate in a process to get everything sorted. If they had nothing to hide there would be nothing found through co-operation.

I don't know if they were involved and nobody can state for a fact they weren't.

Very dumb move. At least Bellamy had the common sense to clear his name by participating in the independant process

_Johnsy

Referee
He stopped short of accusing them.

In my opinion the players that refused to co-operate should be stood down until such times as they co-operate fully with the investigation.

There was not one single current player that cooperated with the investigation.

Timmah

Staff member
I lost a lot of respect for Gallop with that press conference. Not taking any action against those proven to be responsible is incredibly cowardly.

WTF? News Limited, the governing body of both the NRL and Melbourne Storm, has referred the matter to the police. That surely cuonts as action taken.

The only thing he's done wrong is allowed cretins like O'Sullivan to stay on and ultimately it's not within his jurisdiction - the Roosters need to decide whether is position is untenable or not. Gallop could pass some sort of edict with the NRL board maybe to see those involved suspended from whatever NRL duties they may currently hold - but other than that I'd say his hands are tied.

Which is all to say, bring on the IC...

@ stormbati, there is no evidence that the players knew, correct - however the fact they didn't cooperate with the investigation is a major concern

Timmah

Staff member
Those players should be stood down? WTF for?

Are you still implying the players knew even when all evidence suggests otherwise?

Oh dear.

Are you aware they did not cooperate with the investigation?

As such, they can never be 100% clear. With the current evidence available, without cooperation from the players involved, their names cannot be 100% cleared.

Don't know how much clearer that can be.

_snafu_

Immortal

:lol::lol::lol:

So naive.

There is a big difference to there being "no evidence" of involvement to "not being involved".

Perhaps the reason why there was "no evidence" is because of the FACT that the players did NOT cooperate with the investigation...

The questions should be asked - if the players did not know, why did they choose not to cooperate? What did they have to lose by participating and cooperating?

hineyrulz

Post Whore

head_up_arse.2.jpg

Drew-Sta

Staff member
* Players should be stood down until they agree with the investigation
* O'Sullivan should get punted
* Premiership rings should be returned
* Fine should be doubled (Based on the fact they cheated twice as much)
* Deloittes should be contracted as full time Salary Cap auditors and Schubert punted
* Gallop should f**k the QRL off and get the IC in by January 1st 2011

That would just about satisfy me.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Pull the other one

In short the players refused to co-operate with the investigation so they could not find any evidence against them.

There is a big difference between saying no evidence against them, and the players are innocent.

Neither Deliottes nor News Ltd have said the players are innocent.

If they are innocent, why didn't they co-operate.