What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread 🌈

hindy111

Post Whore
wow, the Pride Thread in the NRL Cave forum is a doosey

makes you merkins look normal

I'm the most normal on here. I find all this gay talk boring.
The world would be a better replace if people just worried about themself and what effect them and not worry about other peoples business.

Tonight I am going for a Pho. Works busy and I am splashing out. A treat. $14

Gronk

Staff member
I'm the most normal on here. I find all this gay talk boring.
The world would be a better replace if people just worried about themself and what effect them and not worry about other peoples business.

Tonight I am going for a Pho. Works busy and I am splashing out. A treat. $14
Hipster soup

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
See we are going around in circles and that is why this stuff should be left out of sport altogether.

But since it was brought into our sport those merkins are contributing to bigotry by standing down and or their silence.

Remember who Martin Luther King said would be remembered at the end of their battle with racism.

"In the end, we will remember not the works of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Or this one -
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Or this one -
"The ultimate tragedy is not oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people."
Well I'm not being silent. The only ones attacking a minority group are you and the mob going after these religious footy players. They're not oppressing anybody, but you're claiming they are to justify your bullying. If the Manly players were attacking gays or even standing idly by while others did so you might have a point. But you don't. It's 2022 and sexual identity is a protected attribute (as is religion). They don't need you or anyone forcing others to celebrate it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Such a shame that a decently intentioned thread has turned to shit. Again.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I am glad this thread has been polluted cause I had a gutfulk of reading about it all in the mian thread. Games on now. Won't have to hear about it after tomorow.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bigotry should always be called out. It’s pretty simple.
They’re not discriminating against anyone. They just don’t want to celebrate sexual orientation. Just like how atheists wouldn’t want to celebrate religion. These aren’t things that unite us, they divide us.

They’re not discriminating against anyone. They just don’t want to celebrate sexual orientation. Just like how atheists wouldn’t want to celebrate religion. These aren’t things that unite us, they divide us.

Plenty of atheists and non-Christians are happy to get involved in XMAS celebrations (and not just presents/holidays thing).

emjaycee

Coach
I think that is what most people are missing - they are being asked to celebrate something they don't believe in and support. There are lots of things I will happily tolerate, but not wear a t-shirt in public endorsing - am I therefore a bigot?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
They’re not openly discriminating. But what is certain is that they’ve been asked to show unity and tolerance for others and acceptance for others to live as they wish… and they’ve chosen not to.

Full credit to Manly’s board and good to see they’ve committed to doing it next season.

emjaycee

Coach
They’re not openly discriminating. But what is certain is that they’ve been asked to show unity and tolerance for others and acceptance for others to live as they wish… and they’ve chosen not to.

Full credit to Manly’s board and good to see they’ve committed to doing it next season.
Haven't they been asked to publicly (sp) show that they support something they don't?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Serious question…Would everyone be fine if 7 of our first grade players came from the Pauline Hanson side of politics and decided to pull out of indigenous round because they didn’t want to wear the jersey and celebrate Aboriginal culture?

I reckon they would be called racist and I’d certainly be one of those that felt they were.

Last edited:

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Haven't they been asked to publicly (sp) show that they support something they don't?
Well I guess if they don’t believe in a society that is tolerant where people are free to live and not be judged for their race, colour creed or sexual orientation, it makes them bigots by definition.