What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread 🌈

hindy111

Post Whore
Why not? And what about gay mums?
If they are both good and happy parents, maybe the children might get a better upbringing than from a supposedly normal husband and wife who fight and argue in front of the kids every day? Just a thought.

I deleted what I posted cause I thought it may upset people. But you got to it to fast. But ok yes for some reason and I honestly can't explain to you why I think this way. Maybe my upbringing? I don't know. But to me it just feels wrong. I do understand your point completely. There are far worse parents. Kids facing domestic violence and all sorts of terrible things so yeah it makes sense that 2 gay men would give a far better upbringing to the child. Maybe one day I will change my view. I dont have a fixed mind set but currently its how I stand.

Suitman

Post Whore
Also @hindy111 I'm not suggesting that you are not tolerant at all. In fact, I think you clearly have an open mind which I admire.
Yet it is sad that those who aren't, have reared their ugly heads and destroyed this thread which was meant to be supportive.
I actually know people here who are dealing with difficult issues. Not just trans or gay issues, but suicidal thoughts.
I also know people here who have gone through this in the past which didn't end well.

The hatred comments that have been posted here disgust me, and have sadly, told me a lot about these forumer's.
Forumer's who I will never have anything to do with again.
Will I put them on ignore? Nope. I don't need to. I'll just consider them as ignorant homophobes and continue to feel sorry for them for every hatred comment they make.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I deleted what I posted cause I thought it may upset people. But you got to it to fast. But ok yes for some reason and I honestly can't explain to you why I think this way. Maybe my upbringing? I don't know. But to me it just feels wrong. I do understand your point completely. There are far worse parents. Kids facing domestic violence and all sorts of terrible things so yeah it makes sense that 2 gay men would give a far better upbringing to the child. Maybe one day I will change my view. I dont have a fixed mind set but currently its how I stand.

a lot of people are a product of their environment so their upbringing can have a long-lasting effect on how you think.

I'm not saying that is true in your case because I don't know, but it was in my case and it took me a long time and a few life experiences to realise I had to change the way I saw things

IFR33K

Coach
Why not? And what about gay mums?
If they are both good and happy parents, maybe the children might get a better upbringing than from a supposedly normal husband and wife who fight and argue in front of the kids every day? Just a thought.

supposedly? Gtfo

IFR33K

Coach

yeah mate. A supposedly normal husband and wife argue everyday. Gay couples don’t argue

Suitman

Post Whore
Also it's quite sad when my words are twisted to a narrative to suit one's argument.
This thread just gets sadder and sadder and is a poor reflection on those who refuse to ignore their hatred for those that have a different view to theirs and continue to prove their ignorance.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
A strong male and female presence no doubt helps children growing up and I support the traditional family model in theory.

But its a model that relies on decent support actors. There are way too many shitbag male and female parents that aren't in a position to judge what works based on their own shitty, miserable existence.

I'd much rather see a kid loved and supported by whoever their parents are. Thats more important than having a mum and a dad that are turds.

Gronk

Staff member
supposedly? Gtfo
Feeling for all the single mums and single dads out there who don’t meet with your parental definition.
A strong male and female presence no doubt helps children growing up and I support the traditional family model in theory.

But its a model that relies on decent support actors. There are way too many shitbag male and female parents that aren't in a position to judge what works based on their own shitty, miserable existence.

I'd much rather see a kid loved and supported by whoever their parents are. Thats more important than having a mum and a dad that are turds.
Nailed it on the love bit. Love and being present is primarily what a kid needs. The traditional family model is bollocks. Kids need to feel safe and loved to thrive, in a harmonious household.

This focus on rainbow families is ridiculous. I have seen far more kids end up damaged by DV, drugs, alcohol and gambling or the acrimony from parent separation were kids are made pawns and gaslighted to turn against a another parent. Humans are garbage at times and their gender and sexual preferences have little to do with it.

IFR33K

Coach
Feeling for all the single mums and single dads out there who don’t meet with your parental definition.

Nailed it on the love bit. Love and being present is primarily what a kid needs. The traditional family model is bollocks. Kids need to feel safe and loved to thrive, in a harmonious household.

This focus on rainbow families is ridiculous. I have seen far more kids end up damaged by DV, drugs, alcohol and gambling or the acrimony from parent separation were kids are made pawns and gaslighted to turn against a another parent. Humans are garbage at times and their gender and sexual preferences have little to do with it.

sorry mate it wasn’t me that mentioned gay men shouldn’t raise kids.

Nor was it me that loosely threw comments about a supposedly normal couple that argue.

Gronk

Staff member
It might not be their fault that they're a single parent but the science is clear. Children from single-parent families are disadvantaged.
They certainly are. Add a support partner (regardless of the gender) and the science is also clear.

@ The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners

Nutz

Bench
A kid deserves to have a daddy and a mummy. When the kid reaches adolescence let he or she decide what's best for them.
It's all about equality for gays and to be treated with respect. I'll give them that, but to deny a child a mum and dad is not equal = equality.
To argue that children are damaged by quarreling mums and dads or divorce just to support gay parents is so stupid.
How many gay couples abuse their kids, take drugs or do all the other bullshit bad parenting stuff that some non gay couples do.
To say gay parents don't do the wrong things is naive.
To respond to that statement with data from surveys won't cut it either due to population and location. Go to the valley in Brisbane and ask them and they'll all say they support gay parents but go to a place with traditional values and your likely to get opposite opinions.
Clutching at straws there. Society is full of lowlifes.
A perfect society is one where both genders play a supportive, loving role in a childs life. Role models.
If the child is gay then let them decide what they want to do without persuasion.
One of my annoyances is the way churches brainwash their kids into believing what they preach is true even if it's an evil cult who eventually takes their lives.
Let people decide whats best for them once their reach an age of understanding.
Of course this is only my opinion and not shared by many and if society goes down the road of ever increasing numbers of gay parents and society finds a way to make it work then I'll support it as long as the kids aren't brainwashed, have an equal share of involvement with nurturing mum and dad type role models.
If you think I'm anti gay then your wrong, my missus and I have two very close friends who are gay and it's far from an issue.

Gronk

Staff member
A kid deserves to have a daddy and a mummy. When the kid reaches adolescence let he or she decide what's best for them.
It's all about equality for gays and to be treated with respect. I'll give them that, but to deny a child a mum and dad is not equal = equality.
To argue that children are damaged by quarreling mums and dads or divorce just to support gay parents is so stupid.
How many gay couples abuse their kids, take drugs or do all the other bullshit bad parenting stuff that some non gay couples do.
To say gay parents don't do the wrong things is naive.
To respond to that statement with data from surveys won't cut it either due to population and location. Go to the valley in Brisbane and ask them and they'll all say they support gay parents but go to a place with traditional values and your likely to get opposite opinions.
Clutching at straws there. Society is full of lowlifes.
A perfect society is one where both genders play a supportive, loving role in a childs life. Role models.
If the child is gay then let them decide what they want to do without persuasion.
One of my annoyances is the way churches brainwash their kids into believing what they preach is true even if it's an evil cult who eventually takes their lives.
Let people decide whats best for them once their reach an age of understanding.
Of course this is only my opinion and not shared by many and if society goes down the road of ever increasing numbers of gay parents and society finds a way to make it work then I'll support it as long as the kids aren't brainwashed, have an equal share of involvement with nurturing mum and dad type role models.
If you think I'm anti gay then your wrong, my missus and I have two very close friends who are gay and it's far from an issue.
What you have failed to demonstrate is how or why same sex parents can't provide the same outcome as a male female parents. All you have really said is that you think it should be M/F and that's it. So that's your opinion and that's cool and you can raise your kids however you like.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They certainly are. Add a support partner (regardless of the gender) and the science is also clear.
The problem is that just adding a support partner doesn't favour children. People don't hook up with another adult out of a desire to co-parent their kids. While the science might be clear that a couple making the deliberate choice to adopt can be as nurturing as biological parents (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1090513815000252), just adding a step-parent leads to worse child outcomes than when children cohabitate with both biological parents: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4899-7702-1_9

It is clear that the nuclear family consisting of two biological parents is the best outcome for children: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4240051/

@ The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners

I'm not sure I would trust Chinese social research though. You have to wonder about their motivation.

Latest posts