What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pride thread 🌈

Incorrect

Coach
Since you wont look up its meaning, I'll do it for you.

From the Collins Dictionary:

Homophobia is a strong and unreasonable dislike of homosexual people.

Now, and bearing in mind my jibe at hiney111 was a dig at his online dating comment, can you please explain to me your reasoning on how I have shown hate and unreasonable dislike for homosexual people, knowing full well he is not a homosexual ?

I'll wait.
Explain what the "dig" at hindy111 was then. What makes that dig funny in your mind? He talked about his experience with online dating and you suggest he uses grindr as a "dig" designed to get a laugh. It could easily be interpreted that you believe those people that use grindr are open to ridicule and/or somewhat beneath you.

Whether you like it or not, you're guilty of the very behaviour you sit atop your soap box and castigate others for. If you can't see it, I don't really care. Make all the dergotary comments you like about any demographic, I'm not going to cry in my cornflakes about it. But I do think it somewhat makes a mockery of your status as a mod and your policing of the site.

IFR33K

Coach
See, only you could make those connections. I support LGBTIs yet you translate that as being a slur and my having low standards.

You see the difference ?

I see them as being equal, not above or below.

You insinuating he uses a gay app is a slur in itself. You’re suggesting he likes men or sex with men. If you can’t see it I’m sorry.

Gronk

Staff member
Your comments are as laughable as gronks when he fat shamed the female athletes or blamed covid on the eels lack of juniors.
By the way, I am very comfortable in what I said as know that you have taken it out of context as some sort of a school girl gotcha.

1. At the game the NRLW team were playing Newcastle and I posted that the knights team were "very good at being fat. they must have 200 kgs on our pack. We can't compete with their size" If you want to twist that into me body shaming women and YOU pretend to be the forum misogynist watchdog, then it's pretty transparent for all to see.

2. I said quite clearly that our R&R committee / Pathways Dev totally stuffed our pathways during the pandemic. In 2022 and 23 we had nobody ready for Cup and that showed in spades, compared to clubs like Panthers. It's flowed through to impacting our NRL side, put no pressure on starters and provided zero depth. If you don't see that then I can't help you. For some reason you pelicans can point the finger and lay blame 24/7, but when others do it - it's an excuse. That's transparent for all to see as well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It could easily be interpreted that you believe those people that use grindr are open to ridicule and/or somewhat beneath you.

by whom ? you mean by someone trying for a gotcha moment ?

Whether you like it or not, you're guilty of the very behaviour you sit atop your soap box and castigate others for.

If some other poster had made the same comment, it's not something we'd normally moderate (not castigate) and it's quite obviously a joke, there is no inference of hate for such a minority group, it's a fine line but there is a difference when compared to spreading hate speech.

I've been doing this for a long time and if you feel I have breached any rules or standards to which you refer, then by all means report the post that offends you and it will be assessed by the site owners.

If you can't see it, I don't really care.

For someone who doesn't care, you seem to care a lot.

Make all the dergotary comments you like about any demographic, I'm not going to cry in my cornflakes about it.

but you just did

hindy111

Post Whore
Explain what the "dig" at hindy111 was then. What makes that dig funny in your mind? He talked about his experience with online dating and you suggest he uses grindr as a "dig" designed to get a laugh. It could easily be interpreted that you believe those people that use grindr are open to ridicule and/or somewhat beneath you.

Whether you like it or not, you're guilty of the very behaviour you sit atop your soap box and castigate others for. If you can't see it, I don't really care. Make all the dergotary comments you like about any demographic, I'm not going to cry in my cornflakes about it. But I do think it somewhat makes a mockery of your status as a mod and your policing of the site.
85DD5DC3731F1C38C61DB5641E08F30CA4169161D3C81AC9BCFFE26ECE3B2316.jpeg85DD5DC3731F1C38C61DB5641E08F30CA4169161D3C81AC9BCFFE26ECE3B2316.jpeg85DD5DC3731F1C38C61DB5641E08F30CA4169161D3C81AC9BCFFE26ECE3B2316.jpeg

IFR33K

Coach
by whom ? you mean by someone trying for a gotcha moment ?

If some other poster had made the same comment, it's not something we'd normally moderate (not castigate) and it's quite obviously a joke, there is no inference of hate for such a minority group, it's a fine line but there is a difference when compared to spreading hate speech.

I've been doing this for a long time and if you feel I have breached any rules or standards to which you refer, then by all means report the post that offends you and it will be assessed by the site owners.

For someone who doesn't care, you seem to care a lot.

but you just did

to be honest, I wasn’t expecting a response after @Incorrect hammered the F^*k out of you. Didn’t think you’d be that stupid. But you exceeded all expectations. Well done

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
to be honest, I wasn’t expecting a response after @Incorrect hammered the F^*k out of you. Didn’t think you’d be that stupid. But you exceeded all expectations. Well done

lol

I took his post seriously and responded accordingly

yours, not so much

have a nice day

hindy111

Post Whore
Just remember when you joke around, try not to use gay slurs to people. Otherwise you’ll be labelled a bigot.

What's a bit funny is people think being a bit of a bogun is a slur. I like to see myself as a loveable bogan. I mean wouldn't you prefer that then being some prentious privileged twat who has a heightened sense of self importance?

I like cars, motorbikes,track pants and not giving to much of a shit how I eat or talk. It's to much effort to be classy if ask me. I remember once dating a girl who used a knife and fork to eat pizza ffs

Gronk

Staff member
What's a bit funny is people think being a bit of a bogun is a slur. I like to see myself as a loveable bogan. I mean wouldn't you prefer that then being some prentious privileged twat who has a heightened sense of self importance?

I like cars, motorbikes,track pants and not giving to much of a shit how I eat or talk. It's to much effort to be classy if ask me. I remember once dating a girl who used a knife and fork to eat pizza ffs
I don't think eating pizza with knife n fork is all that random. Especially those chicago deep dish monstrosities. IIRC some pizza in Italy is served not cut sometimes ?

I have seen merkins eat hamburgers with a knife n fork before. Unacceptable.

Is it true that bogans in QLD are called Bevans ? Ping @hineyrulz

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’ve heard the term Bevan before but didn’t know it was a QLD thing. Inbred bogans are pretty much called inbred bogans up here.