What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The punch that cost the Sharks $20,000 - Zappia stands down

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Could be a number of reasons for this happening.

I would just like to know the real truth.
I am not saying she took the money and ran.
However, she should have come out and told her version of events that took place .

There are other parts to this article that I find just as bemusing...not just Jen...I wasn't just focusing on her.

what reasons? if it were that easy people everyone would be doing it, clubs dont pay people to shutup if something didnt occur.

So what events do you wanna hear that occured? she tied him up and asked him to beat her? or they were playing twister and whilst moving his arm knocked her out?

And if you think that Jens first option wasnt the court then it shows how naive people really are these days.

People just dont pay out $20,000+ for nothing, otherwise anyone can claim anything and clubs would pay it, and if Zappia was that innocent free he would've moved heaven and earth to ensure he didnt pay it, really its commonsense.

If someone accused you of hitting them ( when you know you didnt)would you pay them x amount of money? or would you prove your innocence in court? $20,000+ is alot of money..

MsStorm

Bench
what reasons? if it were that easy people everyone would be doing it, clubs dont pay people to shutup if something didnt occur.

So what events do you wanna hear that occured? she tied him up and asked him to beat her? or they were playing twister and whilst moving his arm knocked her out?

And if you think that Jens first option wasnt the court then it shows how naive people really are these days.

People just dont pay out $20,000+ for nothing, otherwise anyone can claim anything and clubs would pay it, and if Zappia was that innocent free he would've moved heaven and earth to ensure he didnt pay it, really its commonsense.

If someone accused you of hitting them ( when you know you didnt)would you pay them x amount of money? or would you prove your innocence in court? $20,000+ is alot of money..

Obviously, something did occur! Someone took a photo of her...evidence

What if it was an accident?

I don't know the legalities of such a situation...so I can't comment...
I'd like to leave it at that.

Why can't you focus/comment about the rest of the article or my comments on it as well?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Obviously, something did occur! Someone took a photo of her...evidence

What if it was an accident?

I don't know the legalities of such a situation...so I can't comment...
I'd like to leave it at that.

Why can't you focus/comment about the rest of the article or my comments on it as well?

look you can believe me or not, i dont respect many women up here, and certainly dont respect attention seeking tarts, but this gal is a top gal who was crushed at what happened, and wanted to go to court to sort it out. As for an accident? well as i said how do u accidently punch somebody out? and knowing jen, she would know if a punch was accidental or not, Just remember she lost a great job because of this, and had to start again, you dont give up these things if something didnt occur.

as for the rest of the article? meh couldnt care lol

deluded pom?

Coach
Allegations of sex toys in the Cronulla dressing room and we get follow up posts from Ron Jeremy. You couldn't make it up.

deluded pom?

Coach
Allegations of sex toys in the Cronulla dressing room and we get follow up posts from Ron Jeremy. You couldn't make it up.:lol:

MsStorm

Bench
look you can believe me or not, i dont respect many women up here, and certainly dont respect attention seeking tarts, but this gal is a top gal who was crushed at what happened, and wanted to go to court to sort it out. As for an accident? well as i said how do u accidently punch somebody out? and knowing jen, she would know if a punch was accidental or not, Just remember she lost a great job because of this, and had to start again, you dont give up these things if something didnt occur.

Cool...I'll take your word on it then.

punching someone out is an accident is it?:lol:

yeah mate, let me guess Bird accidently glassed a girl too?

ahhhh, footballers and businessman, the most honest and bullsh*t free people on this earth.

The article clearly states he was shadow boxing.

Unless you have evidence to the contrary then it was an accident.

If she felt she was assaulted she should have taken the matter further. There is no need to defend her at all . I cant see how any reasonable person would think she has done anything wrong.

As for punching someone accidently i would have though shadow boxing is a very good way to do it.

She could have left for a number of reasons, it doesnt just have to be because something illegal occured. She may have found it very akward working with him after this situation. Who knows.

what we do know is there has been no charges of any kind and therefore it should be treated as an accident.

Noa

First Grade
The moment I saw Zappia letting himself be filmed watching the Seymour "incident" with weidler of all people I thought this bloke was an amateur, accident or not.

spider

Coach
lo @ jenny hall

yes the injury was sustained from an accident - shadow boxing

wonder what really caused her to come out about it and take a different angle so long after the incident

has as much cred as the two bit author of the article

the sad part is the author would know more to the story no doubt, but lets take the angle that sells...

she is a merkin of a so-called journo

Brutus

Referee
Maybe Miss Magnay would like to investigate this from a couple of years ago.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2004/03/06/1078464697310.html

the owner of a Melbourne-based stripping agency described most AFL footballers as "pigs". The owner, who refused to be named, said boys-will-be-boys behaviour still ruled.

Two years ago, an end-of-season party for a leading Melbourne-based AFL club ended with several players offering one veteran stripper cash for sexual favours.

"They all wanted to have a go. It was tag-team," the agency owner said. When the deal was struck, one of the players offered an extra $50 to urinate on her, while another player offered $50 if she would let him defecate on her. "They were disgusting. It's like a pack mentality and they think they can get away with anything," the owner said.

LMFAO @ "Shadow Boxing"....

You'd have to have Rampage Jackson power to leave a bruise like that on someone's face with mere shadow boxing. He must of got awful close to her!!

The Sharks' death spiral continues!

Re the black eye: if it was all an accident, you'd have to wonder why the club felt the need to pay $20k (unless I suppose it was just accrued entitlements when she left). Also why she did not feel able to continue working there? I'd have thought if it was an accident, Zappia would have apologised, promised to be more careful and they'd get on with life.

I'd also wonder how many CEO's would survive an incident where they assaulted an employee. It was either assault or gross negligence - either would be sacking offences under most company boards.

Re the sex toys: tawdry, stupid, what else can I say. Who's the clown that gave the guy permission to do it?