What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Punk/Hardcore/Emo/Ska Show Thread

Amazing night playing pool and getting shouted coke with Mark before the show lol. Third time iv'e seen them and easily the best show

Red Bear

Referee
Saw Guttermouth last night. Didnt have to pay door prices thanks to Natheel, which was nice. Natheels band pretty good start to the night. Missed the second band, watched some of Topnovil who were good (Rancid/Op Ivy influence pretty obvious).

Guttermouth. Well Mark's banter was good. Mark seemed appropriately coked up. Set list was awesome, much of the stuff off the live album I have (Lucky the Donkey, do the Hustle, End on 9, Derek (probably favourite of mine), Can I Borrow some Ambition, chugalug night, mr BBQ, Bruce Lee vs Kiss Army, 123 Slam, Lipstick etc). No Perfect World though

They started quite late so it was a pretty short set, which was dissapointing, and whoever was behind the mixing desk was a f**king idiot. Could barely hear the vocals except on maybe Lipstick and 123 Slam. That was a bit shit unfortunately.

So a pretty good show but would've loved to have been able to hear the vox a bit better

Also, Mark looks like Jason Bateman on cocaine

skeepe

Immortal
Saw Guttermouth last night. Didnt have to pay door prices thanks to Natheel, which was nice. Natheels band pretty good start to the night. Missed the second band, watched some of Topnovil who were good (Rancid/Op Ivy influence pretty obvious).

Guttermouth. Well Mark's banter was good. Mark seemed appropriately coked up. Set list was awesome, much of the stuff off the live album I have (Lucky the Donkey, do the Hustle, End on 9, Derek (probably favourite of mine), Can I Borrow some Ambition, chugalug night, mr BBQ, Bruce Lee vs Kiss Army, 123 Slam, Lipstick etc). No Perfect World though

They started quite late so it was a pretty short set, which was dissapointing, and whoever was behind the mixing desk was a f**king idiot. Could barely hear the vocals except on maybe Lipstick and 123 Slam. That was a bit shit unfortunately.

So a pretty good show but would've loved to have been able to hear the vox a bit better

Also, Mark looks like Jason Bateman on cocaine

I'm getting really f**king sick of gigs being ruined because the guy mixing the sound has no f**king clue what he is doing.

When I saw No Use For A Name, the lead guitar was down so low you couldn't hear it... sounded more like a drum and bass group than a punk band.

I've seen plenty of bands where the vocals were far too low as well, and others where the drums are near non-existent.

If you don't know what the f**k you're doing, get the f**k out from behind the desk.

LESStar58

Referee
Missed out on tickets to the first show but hoping to get tickets to Bodyjar doing "No Touch Red" from start to finish at the second gig at the end of March. They'll be getting Ben and Ross back to play on a few of the songs as well. Cannot wait! Gonna feel 18 all over again!

LESStar58

Referee
Sick Of it All and Agnostic Front touring together in May! Should be well worth gettin' along to!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
f**k yeah!!!!!!

One happy lil hardcore Vegemite atm! Ha ha.
Any local supports announced?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Serious!!!!

Done, I definitly won't be missing this tour. Gonna be soooo good!!!!
Just get Freddy to bring the Madball boys down and it'd just be a NY show ha ha.
Asking to much maybe lol

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
They'll get the Sydney support for sure. Both bands would probably be in tight with Scotty so it wouldn't surprise me if they do all cities.

Pumped now! Cheers for the heads up Les!

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I have Antiskeptics reunion, Soundwave, and Dashboard confessional/relient k/jacks mannequin on preceding days...

then in april, New found glory and taking back sunday