What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rd 1 thread: Raiders @ Manly *Team named*

Raider Azz

Bench
I can't wait to see Miller in action, ironically his last match was against Manly at the same time last year. I'd say he's probably out to give Bryant a little payback for last year too, that will be interesting to watch!

legend

Coach
That Manly side isn't that strong and we should really be able to stick it to them up the middle IMO.

We need to getup in their face and smash Lyon and Orford every chance we get.

MSIH

Bench
A merged side

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3, Bell
4. Matai
5. Hicks
6. Lyon
7. Orford
8. Thompson
9. Withers
10. Kite
11. Menzies
12. Bickerstaff
13. Tongue

14. Watmough
15. Burns
16. Rose
17. Costigan

jed

First Grade
MSIH said:
A merged side

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3, Bell
4. Matai
5. Hicks
6. Lyon
7. Orford
8. Thompson
9. Withers
10. Kite
11. Menzies
12. Bickerstaff
13. Tongue

14. Watmough
15. Burns
16. Rose
17. Costigan
Uhhhhhh, your point is...?

On the Raiders side, I'm very happy with that. Clearly Purtell must be doing something right to have gotten the nod. Perhaps a different coach mentoring him has made a difference.

jed

First Grade
After seeing the two teams, I stuggle to comprehend how we can be $4.50 at Sportstab.

I made a visit at lunchtime today, let's see how I go

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
no Graham is better and Best is better :) get rid of purty with Howell get back TLL and weyman and that pretty much our best IMO

Mal Meninga

Bench
Purtell is a rock, no worries about him.
It's interesting to note that Howell is playing his first reggies game since coming to the club. From a personal stand point he's a shocker of a centre but a decent winger. Once Goodwin comes back hopefully Zilly is given a crack in the centres.

Raider Azz

Bench
Mal Meninga said:
It's interesting to note that Howell is playing his first reggies game since coming to the club. From a personal stand point he's a shocker of a centre but a decent winger. Once Goodwin comes back hopefully Zilly is given a crack in the centres.
howell's not playing PL, he's injured. he may well be OK for the match though in which case we'll most probably find him in the side in jersey number 19.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
True but some rocks score more tries than him as there faster!
No attacking skill, touch and go in defense but great under the bomb Howell slaughters him

juggalo_strit

Juniors
A good looking team. Will be the first team to show the weakness of Lyon at 5/8.
I wish we were playing Penrith first up though. Not only do they have Elliot coaching but it is a very deplted lineup, with not much on the bench.
I give it two weeks until the Penrith faithful turn on him.

C'mon you Raiders

MSIH

Bench
jed said:
Uhhhhhh, your point is...?

On the Raiders side, I'm very happy with that. Clearly Purtell must be doing something right to have gotten the nod. Perhaps a different coach mentoring him has made a difference.

That Manly's team sh*ts all over your mob. The only way you'll win is complacency, like last year.

Raider Azz

Bench
MSIH you are a f**king idiot, and it will be our pleasure to watch the raiders smash your terrible excuse for a team this weekend.

MSIH

Bench
If you truely believed that you wouldn't need to say it.

If a Souths fan said you were rubbish, you'd just laugh.

nickraider

Juniors
Not a bad looking side at all. Very happy to see Zilly in the starting line up. Can't wait to see him play. With the extra room he'll have at fullback, hopefully he can carve them up!

Latest posts