What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

RABK

Referee
Surely Idris won't get a f**king game Jimbo, a deadset media darling who cannot tackle or move laterally to save his life!

Exactly why he will be picked. I said he is a front runner, but not in my own personal opinion.

saint clueless, i know hutty and even he thinks you're a wanker. Zip it.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I wonder if the Chooks will take any action against Carney? If he gets in any sort of doubt and if Soward has a blinder in City v Country, he has to come very close to selection for the Blues. If anything like that happens and he doesn't get picked, then he clearly never will.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Saint

You say Scott has never offered anything at SOO level yet you pick Ben "run away" Creagh in your side. FMD you've done your credibility no favors there mate

And just on Idris. The bloke is a game breaker and has trampled Inglis in the past so he will be lining up on the right in my side. His D may have some ?? but NSW has proven time again that defensive players don't win you Origins. Inglis is a sh*t defender but he does alright.

Lyon is a dud btw

Tweek

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Gordon
3. Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Mullen
8. TLL
9. Gidley
10. Snowden
11. Scott
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Farah
15. Mannah
16. Tolman
17. Hunt

Size, speed and plenty of kicking options.
I like this team, except I'd probably switch tolman and tll around.
Probably swap idris for someone else, Josh Morris if comes back from injury this week and plays well.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Your right saint, comparing the 2 is silly. 1 has a go while the other runs away like a fairy

When the going gets tough, Creagh gets running

Joker's Wild

Coach
Both good points Tweek. I'm flexible on starting or benching any of the frontrowers as long as they are all there somewhere. Maybe replacing Hint with another backrower like Watmough too

Idris is there because there arnt many other options and I like his ability to bust the line and draw defenders for Uate outside him. I'd certainly have Morris back if fit, he was awesome right up to his knees injury in Rd 1

Jennings is just not looking good ATM, not impressive at all.

Goddo

Bench
Here goes, my 2 cents

1 Stewart - he has been excellent this year. I don't get the Hayne love, he is a lazy defender.
2 Morris
3 Jennings - can't pick Idris he would be slaughtered. Hope Jennings comes good.
4 Lyon / Gasnier - see which goes best over the next few weeks. I'd like to see Gaz/Sowie, or Lyon/Stewart combo in attack.
5 Uate - Hayne if he can stomach playing on the wing.
6 Soward - Carney won't sober up in time.
7 Mullen - Would go well with Sowie. Pearce too predictable without Carney.
8 Snowden
9 Farah - better attacking 9 than Ennis
10 L-Lahrs
11 Creagh
12 Lewis / Scott - as Soward's bodyguard
13 Gallen

14 Giddly - I'd rather dump the piece of sh!t but get the feeling he will still be picked. Rather a second rower with good hands, or a half that is good.
15 Watmough
16 Hunt
17 Bench Prop - unsure....

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Your right saint, comparing the 2 is silly. 1 has a go while the other runs away like a fairy

When the going gets tough, Creagh gets running

Just like in the grand final right? Overcame a horror first half to help us win in the wet. Facts are irrelevant though, he didn't want to act like a mug and get in a pointless blue with dog Hodges!

Joker's Wild

Coach
The fact is mate, Creagh rarely gets in to do the tough stuff and all too often goes missing when his team is on the back foot and need a big play to lift.

In last years GF he was barely there until the saints lifted in the 2nd and only then did we see him get involved. Its an all to familiar story.

Dont get me wrong, I love what he is capable of when running out wide in a team going forward but at Origin level it is so much harder to get that asendency to allow for players like him to shine.

Honestly, why are so many here picking Morris on the wing? Im not surprised those that have are Dragons fans though. Gordon has been 10x the player Morris has this year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah Jennings has been average at best. He's busting his ass each week, but things just aren't working for him. If anything he's probably trying too hard and is making simple mistakes.

I wouldn't have him near the NSW side unless he seriously turns his form around. A couple of games with doubles and hat tricks and cutting the errors out. Otherwise we're better off using a right centre on the left then taking a gamble on someone out of form.

Tahu will probably be in better form then Jennings at Origin time. He scored a try before Jenko and his defence was top notch against the Storm... he's still a bit rusty but improving far quicker then Jennings at the moment. So far the only great game Jenko has had was against the Eels... and that was the quality of the defence that made him look good.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Please Gidley at hooker. His best position is No 14. It's like Queensland putting Slater or Cronk in the number 9 and leaving Smith out all together.

No wonder NSW has not won stuff all in 5 years.

chrisD

Coach
Please Gidley at hooker. His best position is No 14. It's like Queensland putting Slater or Cronk in the number 9 and leaving Smith out all together.

No wonder NSW has not won stuff all in 5 years.

If Gidley is Cronk or Slater, who is Smith in this anology?

adamkungl

Immortal
1 Hayne
2 Gordon
3 Lyon
4 Gasnier
5 Uate
6 Carney/Soward
7 Pearce/Mullen (Carney and Pearce are my preferred, if they can string some decent games together in the next month)
8 Snowden
9 Farah
10 TLL
11 Gallen
12 Bird
13 Lewis (c)

14 Mannah
15 Tolman/Grant
16 Watmough
17 Gidley

halves are the only issue really. imo 1-5 and 8-16 pretty much pick themselves.

Hayne, Bird, Watmough, TLL, and Lyon are the must picks for me.

Latest posts