What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

saint-colesy

Juniors
Since when does age defy class? Gasnier is a better centre than Gordon.

TLL is best used as an impact forward he showed that in last years series.

If you want a tackling dummy half then pick dean young, Alan tongue, matt hilder etc

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Since when does age defy class? Gasnier is a better centre than Gordon.

TLL is best used as an impact forward he showed that in last years series.

If you want a tackling dummy half then pick dean young, Alan tongue, matt hilder etc

Wait a minute. Didn't you pick the woefully out-of-form cat Morris on the wing? And the even bigger cat Creagh in the backrow? And Carney, who looks likely to at least sit out the season, in your side?

saint-colesy

Juniors
Like I said in the other thread. Form is temporary class lasts forever. Morris is one of the best wingers in the world. The last 6 weeks mean nothing. I selected Carney before I knew of his latest drama. As far as Creagh goes he's one of the beat wide running backrowers we have. The fact he backed away from Hodges means f**k all

chrisD

Coach
"Backed away" is one way of describing it, ran and hid like a fairy I feel is more an apt description.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Like I said in the other thread. Form is temporary class lasts forever. Morris is one of the best wingers in the world. The last 6 weeks mean nothing. I selected Carney before I knew of his latest drama. As far as Creagh goes he's one of the beat wide running backrowers we have. The fact he backed away from Hodges means f**k all

Morris might be one of the best wingers in the world but he is a cat. Remember last year in the Four Nations when we were down to 15 men? He stood around on his wing and did f**k all, while the rest of the side tried worked guts out. How about when Slater got dragged back into touch? He stood around and watched him. What about in Origin? Stands around on the wing and won't come in to make a run from dummy half when our forwards are sucking in the big ones or are struggling to make metres. You might be able to get away with it in club games but not in Origin. He is a liability. He can't defend, has very little skills outside of making a bee-line for the tryline where he ends up going into touch anyway, and he has no ticker. You might have had a case if he was scoring tries but he isn't.

Creagh backing away means a lot. If he is too soft to go toe-to-toe with Hodges then he shouldn't play Origin. He can't handle the tough stuff required in Origin in any case. When you need someone to have a dig, it won't be him putting his hand up.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal

There's also the fact that he hit up for something like 22m in that Origin game...

adamkungl

Immortal
Gasnier > Gordon in the centres.
Gordon > Morris on the wing.
Watmough, Gallen, Bird, Lewis > Creagh in the second row

Hutty1986

Immortal
Morris might be one of the best wingers in the world but he is a cat. Remember last year in the Four Nations when we were down to 15 men? He stood around on his wing and did f**k all, while the rest of the side tried worked guts out. How about when Slater got dragged back into touch? He stood around and watched him. What about in Origin? Stands around on the wing and won't come in to make a run from dummy half when our forwards are sucking in the big ones or are struggling to make metres. You might be able to get away with it in club games but not in Origin. He is a liability. He can't defend, has very little skills outside of making a bee-line for the tryline where he ends up going into touch anyway, and he has no ticker. You might have had a case if he was scoring tries but he isn't.

Creagh backing away means a lot. If he is too soft to go toe-to-toe with Hodges then he shouldn't play Origin. He can't handle the tough stuff required in Origin in any case. When you need someone to have a dig, it won't be him putting his hand up.

:lol::lol: Go and watch some Rugby League you f*cking moron. Morris has been one of, if not teh best winger in the game for the past 2 years yet you bring up some isolated incident to somehow prove he is sh*t.
F*ck you are a dribbler, maybe we should get all of our guys to pick fights as well, we'll get done 3-0 again but at least we "showed some mongrel."

Hutty1986

Immortal
There's also the fact that he hit up for something like 22m in that Origin game...

Didn't a guy by the name of Justin Hodges come up with clangers that lead directly to tries? Farah was awful last time he played SOO but he deserves another shot this year. Morris may be out of form so far this season, but it's the same fans of teams he's carved up in the past that are whinging about him.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
:lol::lol: Go and watch some Rugby League you f*cking moron. Morris has been one of, if not teh best winger in the game for the past 2 years yet you bring up some isolated incident to somehow prove he is sh*t.
F*ck you are a dribbler, maybe we should get all of our guys to pick fights as well, we'll get done 3-0 again but at least we "showed some mongrel."

Oh look... the St George fan wants his little friend in the side. He's a cat. Creagh's a cat. And you're a hypocrite for whinging that other teams fans don't want him there when we can all see that both are two of the biggest fairies in the game. It's not the NSW Tinkerbell's....

saint-colesy

Juniors
I don't want any Saints players in origin. Its a waste of time and can only end badly. Fact is that won't happen and players like Morris deserve to hold their spot

RHCP

Bench
When has Brett Morris ever 'carved up' a side? I can only recall Matt Cooper, Darius Boyd and Ben Hornby creating space and him diving over in the corner.

andrew057

First Grade
01. Hayne
02. Gordon
03. Lyon
04. Gasnier
05. Uate
06. Soward
07. Mullen
08. Tolman
09. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Bird
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. Snowden
16. TLL
17. Idris

Good looking team imo.

adamkungl

Immortal
^ close enough. I can live with Idris on the bench. Delusional if you don't think Gallen will be there though

Hutty1986

Immortal
When has Brett Morris ever 'carved up' a side? I can only recall Matt Cooper, Darius Boyd and Ben Hornby creating space and him diving over in the corner.

Yes, definitely all of those tries were just catch and fall over the line, Folau style.

jbl31649

Juniors
FYI - This was last years game 3 team Qld 23, NSW 18

No. Position Player Current Club (2010)

1. Fullback Jarryd Hayne
2. Wing Brett Morris
3. Centre Michael Jennings
4. Centre Beau Scott
5. Wing Michael Gordon
6. Five-eighth Trent Barrett (c)
7. Halfback Mitchell Pearce
8. Prop Jason King
9. Hooker Michael Ennis
10. Prop Kade Snowden
11. Second-row Luke Lewis
12. Second-row Paul Gallen
13. Lock Greg Bird
14. Interchange Kurt Gidley
15. Interchange Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Interchange Tim Mannah
17. Interchange Anthony Watmough

Goddo

Bench
01. Hayne
02. Gordon
03. Lyon
04. Gasnier
05. Uate
06. Soward
07. Mullen
08. Tolman
09. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Bird
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. Snowden
16. TLL
17. Idris

Good looking team imo.
Lyon at left centre? Gas and Lyon are the best 2 centres NSW has atm, but both are right centres aren't they?

Idris on the bench is a bad idea - less value than Gidley, and thats saying a lot. Whats he going to do, play in centres? Can't read plays in defence, so no good in second row... waste of a bench spot.

I have a "?" over Bird - his form has been flat this year so far.

But other than dropping Idris for a second rower / utility, that would be a solid NSW side.