What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

Goddo

Bench
Well, if you listen to Sticky on Monday night, Giddley and Gallen are the only 2 names locked in...

We also know that Sticky has been talking to Sowie. It looks like Giddley or Soward will be 5/8, and the other will be the bench utility. Seems Sticky also wants Pearce at 7. He also said 4/6 props that play City vs Country will be picked.

Also, if the Telecrap is right, Watmough is out. Don't agree with some of this, just recapping.

perverse

Referee
Pearce and Gidley in the halves, please just let them keep the trophy again this year without a series. i can't bare to watch what unfolds if we end up with Pearce and Gidley in the halves. it will give any of our worst combinations over the past few years a real run for their money. i can see what some coaches see in Gidley, they see heart... but heart won't organise your team or give quality outside ball to your backs... or kick the ball well...

about the only thing Gids has as a genuine attribute of a half is his passing game, but he doesn't know how to use it. by passing game i mean he can physically throw a very nice, tidy pass... be it a cutout ball, a short ball, whatever. i've seen him produce them all... rarely at the right time, though.

if Ricky has been watching the Knights play (which i doubt for some reason) he would notice that Gids has only been playing about 20 minutes in the halves per game for the Knights. the rest has been a kid called Tyrone Roberts for the past 2 matches. we're doing it because we are desperate to keep Gidley out of the halves, where he invariably does more damage than good.

it's a massive call to put your foot down on a very out of form, young halfback. i hope that stubborness pays off rather than costing us. to be honest i'm still not sure Mullen is there yet, but Pearce sure as shit isn't either... certainly not to any point of dumping limitless, unquestioned faith in him. as a Knights fan i do wonder why origin failure #2431 - Mitchell Pearce is getting such a better rub of the green than origin failure #2402 - Jarrod Mullen received. he has certainly shown no more than Mullen at origin level. just the way the rep selection cookie crumbles, i suppose.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
^ That I would be ok with

Gives us a nice left and right footed kicking combination

Didnt these 2 play jnr Kangaroos together?

Noname36

First Grade
I don't really see the argument here. Mullen has played 1 poor game this year, Pearce has played 7.

Mullen will get overlooked again though. You just watch.

I don't really see the argument here. Mullen has played 1 poor game this year, Pearce has played 7.

Mullen will get overlooked again though. You just watch.

Pearce has played fantastic in a poor side. Our 1-6 are terrible (besides SKD to an extent). Mullen has a star backline to work with making him look better. They would work well together.

RHCP

Bench
I don't think Jarrod Mullen is an assured selection. He's playing brilliantly since about two thirds of the way through last season (yes, he had a bad game against Brisbane but so did most of our side - 6/7 ain't bad), but there's still a massive question mark over him. Same can be said for Soward.

Which is why CvC is actually a big deal this year. Pearce, Mullen and Soward all have a lot to prove and that is the game to do it. I am confident that the halves that play the best in that game will be the ones chosen for Game I.

Oh, and the Telecrap is pulling shit out of their arse again. Choc should be amongst the first picked, we can't keep f**king 'rebuilding' every year. I'm sick of 'here's our brand new team, they're going to play all three games this year and create a dynasty' only to see two/thirds of the nuffies dropped after Games 1 & 2 and the selectors finally getting it semi right in Game 3 - only to 'rebuild' all over again the next season.

Watmough is a must as far as I'm concerned.

Matt23

Staff member
Who the f**k is talking up Kurt Gidley to play in the halves at Origin level? FMD.:crazy:
I'd like NSW to have some chance of winning this year...Gidley in the halves will all but ensure another Queensland series win...now watch the tards pick him in the halves.

Goddo

Bench
Who the f**k is talking up Kurt Gidley to play in the halves at Origin level? FMD.:crazy:

Ricky Stuart it seems. Giddley is his first pick, so he will be either off the bench, or starting in the halves.

Fking stupid, I know. So far we know for certain:

6 * Gidley
12 Gallen

14 * Gidley

adamkungl

Immortal
Gidley could be hooker. Which is far more palatable than halfback or five-eighth. Of course he shouldn't be picked at all...f**k me he must give amazing head

Parra Guru

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Gordon
6. Soward
7. Mullen
13. Bird
12. Gallen
11. Hindmarsh (c)
10. Mannah
9. Ennis (token grub)
8. Weyman

14. Gidley
15. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Snowden
17. Watmough

timka4

Bench
Might as well take Soward out of your teams. Seems more and more talk of Kidley playing 5/8th in a reality. Doom for us has already come so early in the year.

jbl31649

Juniors
Ricky Stuart it seems. Giddley is his first pick, so he will be either off the bench, or starting in the halves.

This is what Ricky said he wants his side to look like

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Kurt Gidley
3. Kurt Gidley
4. Kurt Gidley
5. Kurt Gidley
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Kurt Gidley (vc)
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Paul Gallen
10. Paul Gallen
11. Paul Gallen
12. Paul Gallen
13. Paul Gallen

Interchange
14. Paul Gallen
15. Paul Gallen
16. Paul Gallen
17. Kurt Gidley

Reserves
18. Paul Gallen
19. Kurt Gidley
20. Kurt Gidley
21. Kurt Gidley
22. Kurt Gidley
23. Kurt Gidley
24. Kurt Gidley
25. Paul Gallen
26. Paul Gallen
27. Paul Gallen

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I remind all

That group is likely to include Mitchell Pearce and Paul Gallen, the favourites for the Blues captaincy, Luke Lewis, Kurt Gidley and Jarryd Hayne. Todd Carney, Anthony Watmough and Greg Bird

Link

boonboon

Juniors
That group is likely to include Mitchell Pearce and Paul Gallen, the favourites for the Blues captaincy, Luke Lewis, Kurt Gidley and Jarryd Hayne. Todd Carney, Anthony Watmough and Greg Bird

The only group those blokes belong to is the - likely to be behind bars at some stage plus Lewis and Pearce group