What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

timka4

Bench
Gasnier had a solid Finals series, not great but solid.

With an off season under his belt and the first 8 or so rounds. I haven't completely ruled him out. I feel sorry for Jennings, he looks like he isn't able to play his natural game. Although QLD's defense has been a big apart of that, he looks frustrated that he hasn't left any mark on the stage yet.

His defensive liabilities are over hyped. He isn't an awesome defender but he is better than 09 for sure.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Gasnier will be one of the first backs picked for NSW, I find it odd people are omitting him. He is the experience that they need outwide to stop Inglis and co. Jennings is still weak defensively, I still don't think he is the answer there. Gasnier's defence has improved alot with alot less jersey grabbing and he has all the capability in the world to improve his current performance in attack.

Dugan
Morris
Gasnier
Lyon
Hayne/Uate

Gasnier has come up against Inglis in Origin before and Inglis got past him rather easily. Yes I think Gaz will walk back into the team.

Talanexor

Juniors
14.Luke Odonell
You do know he's going to England next year don't you?

As a QLDer, this is the side that worries me most:

1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. TLL
9. Gidley
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. Bird
15. Snowden
16. Mannah
17. Grant

10 of those 17 players are under 25, meaning you can keep that most of that team together for a long time.

Zoggy

Juniors
does anyone rate Soward a chance at 5/8 ??

The Carney / Pearce combo at club level is handy i must admit.

chefman21

Juniors
It's way too early, but should they be in form, or show some semblance of form:

1. Dugan
2. Stewart
3. Gasnier
4. Lewis
5. Hayne

6. Carney
7. Pearce

13. Bird
12. Laffranchi
11. TLL
10. Snowden
9. Gidley
8. Weyman

14. Mannah
15. Tolman/Galloway/Grant/Douglas
16. Watmough/Heighington
17. Anasta/Aubusson/Lawrence/Farah

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Am I the only one who thinks Soward played his way out of a rep jumper in the GF? He looked nervous and justified his non selection IMO.

RHCP

Bench
If Soward wrote himself off...then so did Carney.
Carney has everything working for him as far as getting picked for Game 1 2011, no matter how poorly he played in the Grand Final. That was Soward's opportunity to stake his claim and put himself back into the picture against his main competitor.

timka4

Bench
Am I the only one who thinks Soward played his way out of a rep jumper in the GF? He looked nervous and justified his non selection IMO.
I know what you mean, I got the same feeling as well.

Soward to me though has always been like that in the big games. Probably his only non nervous minute was his field goal vs Tigers.

I would much prefer Carney in the side ATM.

Big Pete

Referee
Carney has everything working for him as far as getting picked for Game 1 2011, no matter how poorly he played in the Grand Final. That was Soward's opportunity to stake his claim and put himself back into the picture against his main competitor.

Fair enough.

Direct

Juniors
It's way too early, but should they be in form, or show some semblance of form:

1. Dugan
2. Stewart
3. Gasnier
4. Lewis
5. Hayne

6. Carney
7. Pearce

13. Bird
12. Laffranchi
11. TLL
10. Snowden
9. Gidley
8. Weyman

14. Mannah
15. Tolman/Galloway/Grant/Douglas
16. Watmough/Heighington
17. Anasta/Aubusson/Lawrence/Farah

NSW should be pretty strong with an 11 man bench, although I think QLD might lodge a protest against this.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Gallen is prone to brain explosion after brain explosion. Great player but he gives stupid penalties in stupid positions.
He will be in the NSW team, unless injuried.

Current Australian lock does not make your team, perhaps you should apply for the NSW selectors position.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
New 'Kumul' stands tall

Glenn Jackson

October 26, 2010
Australia's cheeky rugby league players have nicknamed lock Paul Gallen ''white Kumul'' after his starring role against Papua New Guinea on Sunday. Gallen was nominated by his teammates as players' player, with coach Tim Sheens musing afterwards that he was aided by having a similar body shape to his short and stocky opponents. ''Yeah, the boys have nicknamed me the white Kumul,'' said Gallen, who appears almost as wide as he is tall. ''It actually felt good. I was one of the taller players out there - not on our side, but their side. That's a bit different for me. They probably are built like me a little bit.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/new-kumul-stands-tall-20101025-170wc.html

Seems his Australian teammates do not share your view.

chefman21

Juniors
NSW should be pretty strong with an 11 man bench, although I think QLD might lodge a protest against this.

LOL!

I couldn't decide. They are all very different types of players, so it's just a matter of team balance and form.

I don't want Gallen anywhere near the side. The amount of tries and games he has cost us over the years outweighs any benefits he brings. Most of the Queensland supporters I know think the best player in Queensland's team is Gallen.

Latest posts