What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

Direct

Juniors
1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. TLL
15. Grant
16. Watmough
17. Gidley

Mong

Post Whore
Carney and Pearce appear to be popular picks..

You lot are not keen on winning a series anytime soon are you.. I hope who ever chooses your team next year thinks they are the best combination as well.

How many X's can they fit on a can of beer i wonder..

timka4

Bench
Carney and Pearce appear to be popular picks..

You lot are not keen on winning a series anytime soon are you.. I hope who ever chooses your team next year thinks they are the best combination as well.

How many X's can they fit on a can of beer i wonder..
They only made the grand final together, they are both young, both have time to develop a great partnership, have club games to help build the partnership. Why wouldn't we consider them as origin halves. And we all know they will be anyway.

abpanther

Staff member
Typical to find a Panthers fan jumping to his defense.

I don't mean extra gear in terms of speed. It is in terms of playing ability at the highest level. Lyon and Gasnier have the ability to create from nothing, and have shown it at Origin level in the past. Jennings has shown it to some extent at club level, but his lack of size and physical presence has seen him struggle at Origin level.

I don't see how you first point is relevant, I mean I can make a comment about you being a typical roosters fans pimping Aubusson, doesn't really get us anywhere.

Gasnier showed no ability to create something from nothing in recent form, while Lyon has shown nothing at Origin level when fit and given plenty of chances, I'd just like to see us go with the young backline talent that we have.

Mong

Post Whore
They only made the grand final together,.

So?

Soward made the GF and won it. There are hardly any Saints players in the Australian side yet they made the GF.

Terrible selections has been one of the main issues for your lot for years.. I look forward to it continuing.

adamkungl

Immortal
So?

Soward made the GF and won it. There are hardly any Saints players in the Australian side yet they made the GF.

Terrible selections has been one of the main issues for your lot for years.. I look forward to it continuing.

This years Saints team epitomise the phrase 'champion team rather than team of champions'.

very well coached, consitent and disciplined but not really a superstar or x-factor among them.

I'm not sure you'll find a whole lot of people that would agree that Hornby + Soward is a more talented halves combo than Carney + Pearce

Mong

Post Whore
So what if one combination is better than the other.. It's not really the point here.

6 & 7 don't need to be from the same club to be effective.. The QLD team clearly demonstrates that.

adamkungl

Immortal
So what if one combination is better than the other.. It's not really the point here.

6 & 7 don't need to be from the same club to be effective.. The QLD team clearly demonstrates that.

Well in that case.... Carney is a far more talented 6 than Soward anyway.

Mong

Post Whore
I'd play soward at 7.. he spends a bit of time there at Saints.

Pearce is massively over rated.. Carney and Soward would be a pretty damn good combination..

You could have had it at your club currently but those in the know knew better.. apparently..

Mong

Post Whore
It may help out interms of combination but would you forego picking more talented players to keep a club combination together?

timka4

Bench
No, but personally I don't think there is a better combination, who would your halves pairing be?

Mong

Post Whore
As mentioned above at the moment the best combo is likely Carney and Soward at 6 & 7.

Half back is not an unusual position for Soward and he would offer more than Pearce does.

His kicking game alone in the conditions in game 1 this year would have made a massive difference.

As a QLD'er i smiled each game that Soward wasn't picked, why he can't make any of the rep teams is a mystery.. Ican't remember the final make up of the country team but i recall he wasn't picked in that either, at least not initially.

timka4

Bench
Fair enough I guess. I do admit Pearce didn't really step up in the two games that he played this year. But that is because Barrett controlled a lot of the ball play. I think Soward and Pearce are both guilty of completely disappearing in some games.

And I guess the selectors still think that Soward's defense isn't up to Origin Standards yet.

If Sticky is selected as coach next year. Pearce and Carney will be the halves. Fairly certain he stated on TFS they should be the halves for the next 5 or so years at least.

Zoggy

Juniors
This years Saints team epitomise the phrase 'champion team rather than team of champions'.

very well coached, consitent and disciplined but not really a superstar or x-factor among them.

I'm not sure you'll find a whole lot of people that would agree that Hornby + Soward is a more talented halves combo than Carney + Pearce

Maybe NSW should go with a champion side this year and not a team of Champs.

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe NSW should go with a champion side this year and not a team of Champs.

Maybe, but you don't put that together in a couple of weeks....Saints worked at it for 2 years under arguably the best coach in history

Joker's Wild

Coach
As a QLD'er i smiled each game that Soward wasn't picked, why he can't make any of the rep teams is a mystery.. Ican't remember the final make up of the country team but i recall he wasn't picked in that either, at least not initially.

He played off the bench for Country in '09 when Hornby was injured

Latest posts