What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Really NSW 2011 thread that will be hated by all!

mrpwnd

Bench
All good points. Although I was suggesting Pearce and Carney, I was never shunning the idea of Soward being in the squad (well not after the second origin this year)

Like I said before, Pearce and Carney are going to be the halves most likely for this year. So I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Yeah I hear you. I'm just...apprehensive over Pearce's selection which for mine was influenced by his famous name, young age and media hype, I'm definitely one of the first to hope he can change my opinion, but had selectors truly been hell bent on selecting the most genuinely strong team over the past 3 years then Pearce never should've had a look in the squad and Soward would have played in both 09 and 10.

It is just my opinion I guess, but here's to hoping Pearce puts in for origin if he gets selected again.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Broken Ribs.

Should not have been on the field in game 2 but played because he knew exactly what would happen if he gave Daley and co the chance to select Made for Origin.

I can wear the arguments about the two Newcastle boys, but Farah pisses all over Ennis. Ennis shouldn't even be in the frame.

If Ennis is even mentioned in the same breath as the word Origin again, I will give up.

watatank

Coach
That's the key. It's not really whether or not Soward plays 1st reciever or not, which he does plenty of for the dragons anyway, it's the fact that he takes over a lot of the halfback role for the dragons and thus is the stand out in the halves.

Maybe Pearce's performances was affected by Barrett, but it didn't detract from him dishing out little more than rubbish for every single one of his games.

I've yet to see anything from Pearce both in rep and club footy that could justify his selection beyond a combination with Carney and solid defense.

Soward stands out more in the halves because he's a nippy player, more talented and he's the main kicker. Hornby is a lot more involved in the play.

Soward and Carney sounds good in theory because of their talent but they both struggle with structured play which they will need to do as a halves pairing. they both play better with halves that complement their style

Gaba

First Grade
The position what is hampering nsw is the halfback, no matter who the 5/8 is the current halfback isnt up to scratch.

NSW needs to find a better halfback even if it does forces, carney or whoever to play halfback its a better option then the current halfback.

Dutchy

Immortal
1. Dugan, Hayne (If he can find a heart), Stewart (if he can bounce back)
2. Michael Gordon
3. Lyon
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Prop 1
9. Farah
10. Prop 2
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Watmough
16. TLL
17. Prop 4

3 remaining prop spots could be a lottery, guys like Tolman, Grant, Snowden, Douglas, King all in the fray.

Gaba

First Grade
1. Dugan, Hayne (If he can find a heart), Stewart (if he can bounce back)
2. Michael Gordon
3. Lyon
4. Lawrence
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Prop 1
9. Farah
10. Prop 2
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Watmough
16. TLL
17. Prop 4

3 remaining prop spots could be a lottery, guys like Tolman, Grant, Snowden, Douglas, King all in the fray.
:lol:

On another note the less dragons the better, they can have a week off without worrying about state of origin injurys

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Don't wanna sound like a bias prick or anything, but how could anyone not pick Uate. Clearly the best winger this year, and owned every outside back in stats. If you want game breakers who can actually win us games, then Uate is the man.

Put a good ball playing centre like Gasnier or Lyon next to him and you'll see him Shine.

RHCP

Bench
Don't wanna sound like a bias prick or anything, but how could anyone not pick Uate. Clearly the best winger this year, and owned every outside back in stats. If you want game breakers who can actually win us games, then Uate is the man.

Put a good ball playing centre like Gasnier or Lyon next to him and you'll see him Shine.
The only reason I could conjure up if I were to play devil's advocate would be his defence against larger wingers which is where he struggles, like when he was lining up against Manu Vatuvei this season. But since Darius Boyd is hardly a super heavyweight, I can't see that being a good enough reason.

Dutchy said:
Because I consider him to be the best impact prop.
I concur.

chefman21

Juniors

My biggest concerns about him are his defence and his concentration levels. He has the occasional tendency to fall asleep during games, the epitome been the kick off where he forgot to run with the rest of the team. His defence can be a worry also. I think he can be a ten year Origin player, but I want to see how he goes up against a good wing/centre pairing first and to how he goes in the big games. I think he needs to play City Country next year before getting picked in Origin just to see how he handles the big games. I'd also like him to be picked in the All Stars game.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Queenslands props are too good to let TLL start on the bench. He is the best prop in NSW at the moment and he is needed to match it with Scott and Shillington who I assume are going to be starting.

Talanexor

Juniors
Queenslands props are too good to let TLL start on the bench. He is the best prop in NSW at the moment and he is needed to match it with Scott and Shillington who I assume are going to be starting.

Spot on. If you want an impact prop, look no further than Tim Mannah. I really rate that kid.

TLL, Douglas, Snowden and Mannah is a great front row rotation.

Dutchy

Immortal
Any opinions on the rest of the team I posted. I'd happily replace Gidley if there is someone else, perhaps if Wing came back to the NRL!

timka4

Bench
Any opinions on the rest of the team I posted. I'd happily replace Gidley if there is someone else, perhaps if Wing came back to the NRL!
The team when you look at it as a whole, looks pretty similar to everyone else. I think the positions most difficult to select are FB, wingers and centres

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
The team when you look at it as a whole, looks pretty similar to everyone else. I think the positions most difficult to select are FB, wingers and centres
Oh and too think that the world champion combo of SKD and Nightengale could have worn the sky blue!

Latest posts