What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The reasons for low Sydney crowds - ideas and solutions?

a problem here in melbourne is that it is more expensive for children, concession and adult tickets at Olympic Park for the storm, than it is for any AFL game at much better facilities the MCG and Telstra Dome

from memory last time i went i think it was $6 per kid, $14 for concession and about $20 an adult for general admission (standing at either end goal, no reserved seat)...the AFL its $2.20 a kid, $11 a concession and approx $18 for an adult and there are fantastic seats at the dome and mcg where u can sit with a general admission ticket

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Collingwood Storm said:
a problem here in melbourne is that it is more expensive for children, concession and adult tickets at Olympic Park for the storm, than it is for any AFL game at much better facilities the MCG and Telstra Dome

from memory last time i went i think it was $6 per kid, $14 for concession and about $20 an adult for general admission (standing at either end goal, no reserved seat)...the AFL its $2.20 a kid, $11 a concession and approx $18 for an adult and there are fantastic seats at the dome and mcg where u can sit with a general admission ticket

100,000 seats vs 18,000...

Actually I wonder how the prices for a game at Telstra Stadium compare to the MCG.

Estoboy

Juniors
to directly answer the thread title:

MARKETING - I suggest the NRL and the clubs look up that word (except the gold coast, they already know what the word means)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Two things I'd do:
I'd make every NRL game $15 for adults $5 for under 16's and free for under 5's

and try to get people running clubs that have some sense of what they are doing. Take a leaf out Souths and Titans leadership in marketing.

The NRL needs to help Canberra, Melbourne and Auckland more as well.

domdom

Juniors
Better transport infrastrucure would be the best way to improve attendances. Pricing is a pretty big issue as well (especially if you want to take kids along), but the thing that puts me off going to a neutral game if my team isnt playing locally is the amount of hassle required to make it to the match and back.

Going to the charity shield match a few weeks back, i was shocked that outside of the trains ferrying passengers from hombush, that no extra trains were put on to other lines to carry these poeple away from the main connecting stations, hence why i was stranded in strathfield stations for an hour with about 5000 people.

dubby

Bench
TheBourbonBeast said:
Don't ban alcohol - make it cheaper.

Don't be ashamed of the yobbo - embrace him!! The yobbo is the true fan. The drunken yobbo is the true beating heart of this game.

The yobbo keeps most fans away.

The yobbo is an age old myth that justifies poor behaviour accelerated by excessive alcohol consumption. To these people, I say grow up.

Going to the footy should be about spirit and fun with your family/partner/friends. Not going there to be a pain in the butt and cause trouble and act like a total moron.

The endearing qualities of the "yobbo" keep most people I know away.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Two. That's fantastic. You know that there are there are thousands of ex-rugby players in the professions and business.

Just as there are thousands of ex-players in our rugby code in professions and business too.

It's not too clever to argue without points of argument.

Stating rank tautologies doesn't go very far.

Some of the standouts: Michael Hawker (have you heard of him?),

Mid-tier propeller head, no stand-out redeeming features.
Not a world class professional in the realm of John Quayle.

Him and Kirk are amongst your best.. but like on field abilties, well below our best.

Nick Farr-Jones (Societe Generale),

Now you have to be careful when you start flinging names around, you don't get caught out.. especially with someone who knows soc gen quite well.

Nick Farr-Jones failed virtually all of his subjects at least once at Sydney Uni.
Within Soc Gen, he is widely considered a moron of the highest order and he is continuously shunted to positions where he can't do any damage.

John Eales (Bankers Trust),

:lol:

He still hasn't done anything is the business world other than appear in some Visa billboards. He is a true idiot.

Ronny Graham, Chairman of the ARU and a managing partner in Heidrich Struggles (genuine international headhunters, if you are interested.

HR... Those who can .. do.. those who can't.. teach or work in HR.

So in all your self-congratulatory mode, you have yet to reach someone who has sclaed the heights of John Fahey or John Quayle.

Sucks to be you.

Latest posts