What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rebuilding phase

Gazzamatta

Coach
lets take a leaf out of the dogs book and try and get smaller and more mobile in the pack. we can still have our big boys but as it stands the got way too many of them.

Give Guymer his debut and maybe Parker later on.

we would make more metres by having a good kick chase and defense on the end of those moses kicks than what our 'power game' is producing atm. For example verse the knights Moses put in an incredible kick that turned the Knights winger around and he caught the ball 2 metres from his try line. Our kick chase was ok and two tackles later Best busted the line open through the middle and made 30 metres. Moses kicking game is wasted by our inability to defend. it needs to change.
I like Parker. A bit of a fan of Kerr(sp) the 2s captain as well.

hindy111

Post Whore
Apart from Bennett, who our retroactive leadership tried to sweet talk after he'd already agreed to terms with the Bunnies, I can only imagine you're suggesting we should have signed Maguire as head coach? A Bellamy or a Robinson or any other established successful coach are already under lock and key.

If they wanted Bennet they had to rissole BA end of last season and move fast.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Apart from Bennett, who our retroactive leadership tried to sweet talk after he'd already agreed to terms with the Bunnies, I can only imagine you're suggesting we should have signed Maguire as head coach? A Bellamy or a Robinson or any other established successful coach are already under lock and key.

Anyone, but a rookie...sacking him mid-season for a rookie is crazy to me.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm concerned over whether a rookie will have the gall to make tough calls, and have tough conversations, with certain players, which is why I would have preferred someone with experience.

Pazza

First Grade
Jason ryles and Josh Hannay have been coaching in the top level for close to 10 years each.

I'm sure they've had the tough conversations, developed game plans, refined players skills and techniques etc i that time.

I'm sure they haven't just been putting out witches hats the whole time.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I think keeping Brad to September would have done more damage.

The moment its all over its best for everyone to cut the chord and move forward.

But i will say though i didn't think it would take the club this long to figure out a replacement.

Its 2 months tomorrow since they said they sacked BA at the board meeting on the 2nd may.

We seem to be moving as quick as a Maika Sivo turning circle.
I don’t have a problem with the amount of time tbh. Getting the right man in is the priority. I’d rather it take 2 months than 2 weeks and they threw a dart in hope.

Noise

Coach
Jason ryles and Josh Hannay have been coaching in the top level for close to 10 years each.

I'm sure they've had the tough conversations, developed game plans, refined players skills and techniques etc i that time.

Ryles has only been assistant coaching. At least Hannay has had a couple of goes as head coach.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Why do you think that?

It was good enough for Slick Steve Murphy...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Has a first time head coach ever won a premiership if they have never coached overseas or reserve grade (or equivalent) in the NRL era?
Ricky Stuart.....

While Fitz, Payto and Webby have recently coached sides to top 4 finishes, with the first 2 currently in the top 8.....

So recently history, indicates coaches can be successful without coaching reserves...

Last edited: