What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE RED V NOSTALGIA THREAD

Even tho the Saints were not carrying home the silverware often back in the pre merger years we were not also rans either. We played for the trophy and came out second best in 1971, 1975, 1985, 1992, 1993, 1996.
We also took out the Minor Premiership in 1979, 1985 and the Club Championship in 1971, 1984, 1985.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
St George/Illawarra were the premiers, not a stand alone St George. The mighty Saints did not win a premiership after 1979.
St George haven't ceased to exist.

I'll say it again: 2010 was St George's 16th premiership, for Illawarra it was the first. That's how both clubs celebrated it.

I didn't say it was a standalone premiership in 2010. I trust you're not putting your words into the mouths of others.

While we are taking this trip down memory lane how sweet it is to revisit the Dragons major triumphs. None bigger than what they achieved at Earl Park, May 11, 1935 with Canterbury on the end of a record 91-6 annihilation.

The Dragons crossed for 19 tries and landed 17 goals in the 85-point massacre. Winger Les Griffin scored 36 points (two tries, 15 goals), still the Saints record for most points in a first-grade match. The final score and the winning margin remain records in NSWRL/ARL/NRL first grade history.

St George Team:

Last edited:

Latest posts