What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ricky Stuart myth

natheel

Coach
look at our losses and gains from 2012 - 2013

Gains

Daniel Harrison - Manly
Darcy Lussick - Manly
Kenny Edwards - Qld Cup
Lorenzo Ma'afu - Qld Cup
Brayden Williame - Storm u20's
Api Pewhairangi - Knights u20's

Losses

Nathan Hindmarsh - Retired 330 NRL games
Luke Burt - Retired - 264 NRL games
Casey McGuire - Retired
Marmin Barba - Titans
Jacob Gagan - Manly
Justin Horo - Manly
Esi Tonga - Manly
Jason Seage - Manly
Jamil Hopoate - Manly

Hindmarsh and Burt were 2 huge losses experience wise. Hindmarsh's extra efforts are really missed. Arguably we loose more then we gain here. Let's look at our 2012 to 2013 losses and gains

Gains:
Lee Mossop - Wigan England International
Will Hopoate - Mormon Mission NSW Rep
Corey Norman - Broncos
Brendan Santi - Tigers u20's NSW u20's
Nathan Peats - Rabbitohs City Rep

Losses:
Reni Maitua - Bulldogs (Rumoured)
Pat O'Hanlon - Bulldogs
Cheyse Blair - Manly
Ben Roberts - Released
Matt Eisenuth - Panthers
Matt Keating - Broncos (Rumoured)
Nathan Smith

These losses are the confirmed ones that won't be there. i think more will be added. But arguably considering these guys form of late and in the past 2 years the gains far out weigh our losses for next year.

We will still be a young squad but our juniors will have had a year experience and add in some good signings and apparently we may snag Justin Hunt from Souths and another forward. We are clearly building a better squad. So improvement is around the corner.

Like i've said a few times. Ricky may not be the best coach but he is good for us at this moment in time in terms of moving players on and building a competatitve young squad for the future. After his last season i assume one of our assistants in Pay or Parrish will take over.

natheel

Coach
Kearney won a world cup against Australia. Of course he can coach you muppet

idk if this was a troll comment but that argument can be said for Meninga too. He has coached QLD to 8 series wins but couldn't coach at NRL level on a consistent basis....Kearneys fall was when he tried to bring in a melbourne style of play to a team that just didn't have the type of players to execute that style of game plan.

Someone

Bench
idk if this was a troll comment but that argument can be said for Meninga too. He has coached QLD to 8 series wins but couldn't coach at NRL level on a consistent basis....Kearneys fall was when he tried to bring in a melbourne style of play to a team that just didn't have the type of players to execute that style of game plan.

and while trying to implement a melbourne storm style of play, purchased the most ad lib halfback in the game for overs.

Xzibit

Juniors
Hey guys, new to the forum, been a quiet observes for months now. Avid doggies fan.

On Stuart, I think what he's done with the Eels is right. He's willing to sacrifice short term improvements, which will really not amount to much with the squad at his disposal, for long-term benefits. By giving young players in Tanginoa, Pritchard, Terepo and Kelly an extended run in the side, he's providing a foundation which can be built on in future years. You have a solid backbone in Hayne, Mannah, Moimoi and solid first graders in Tonga, Morgan, Lussick, Sio, Allgood to add to his signings; Hopoate, Norman, Mossop, Peats and assuming there are one or two more signings, you have yourself a competitive team in 2014/possibly 2015, despite the short-term suffering.

Yes, tactically, Stuart has yet to prove himself in improving the productivity of average players, which is what Hasler essentially did to the dogs in 2012 (following Moore's assembled team performing horribly in 2011) without any new signings barring Graham. He did pretty much drive the Sharks into the ground from what I remember, but with a good support staff, which he does have, I'm pretty confident Stuart will be fine. Kearney assembled this team, and quite frankly, they're absolute shit. I laughed watching them play us 2 weeks ago, and thats said with no intentions to be a knob. But just hope for the best Eels fans, and if Stuart tactically and technically proves to be inadequate to take the team to the finals in the near future, then at least his signings so far have helped assemble a 'competitive' team. And look on the bright side, the only way is up from here.

Loudstrat

Coach
No no no. Its all Sticky's fault. Sticky made Daniel Anderson buy Justin Poore. He also made Grothe drop that bomb in the 09 gf. He was responsible for us signing Adam Dykes. He even made Greg Hartley bodgey up the sh*t tackle counts in the 1978 minor semi final! Just ask Dodgey Life, Always Slime and Umina Dribler!!!!

Loudstrat

Coach
Hey guys, new to the forum, been a quiet observes for months now. Avid doggies fan.

On Stuart, I think what he's done with the Eels is right. He's willing to sacrifice short term improvements, which will really not amount to much with the squad at his disposal, for long-term benefits. By giving young players in Tanginoa, Pritchard, Terepo and Kelly an extended run in the side, he's providing a foundation which can be built on in future years. You have a solid backbone in Hayne, Mannah, Moimoi and solid first graders in Tonga, Morgan, Lussick, Sio, Allgood to add to his signings; Hopoate, Norman, Mossop, Peats and assuming there are one or two more signings, you have yourself a competitive team in 2014/possibly 2015, despite the short-term suffering.

Yes, tactically, Stuart has yet to prove himself in improving the productivity of average players, which is what Hasler essentially did to the dogs in 2012 (following Moore's assembled team performing horribly in 2011) without any new signings barring Graham. He did pretty much drive the Sharks into the ground from what I remember, but with a good support staff, which he does have, I'm pretty confident Stuart will be fine. Kearney assembled this team, and quite frankly, they're absolute shit. I laughed watching them play us 2 weeks ago, and thats said with no intentions to be a knob. But just hope for the best Eels fans, and if Stuart tactically and technically proves to be inadequate to take the team to the finals in the near future, then at least his signings so far have helped assemble a 'competitive' team. And look on the bright side, the only way is up from here.

Well said. You pretty much nailed it, although I have seen good improvement in Hayne and ironically Sandow.

Good post - look forward to many more!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
My last word on Ricardo Stuart.

He won a comp in his first season, 11 years later he's brought a club a wooden spoon. Everything he has touched since that miracle has turned to shit. How do you lose a World Cup coaching Australia FFS? How do you get rejected from Cronulla FFS?

When Ricko is finished with Parra they will be lucky to still be in the comp.

Someone

Bench

He won a comp in his first season, 11 years later he's brought a club a wooden spoon. Everything he has touched since that miracle has turned to shit. How do you lose a World Cup coaching Australia FFS? How do you get rejected from Cronulla FFS?

we can only hope this is your last word.

Loudstrat

Coach
That would be your 23rd last word :lol::lol:

And just as f*cking lunatic as the rest.

The butthurt is obvious. Your club sold its soul and joined Super League to stop Sticky being signed by Easts. Guess where he won his next premiership :lol::lol:

I can see why your brain is so disfunctional. You are beside yourself wondering how your centrelink payments are going to fund your cabcharge to all those home games at Kogarah next year :lol:

The difference between Sticky and Furner is that Sticky's players want to all play under him - even after he told a dozen of them that they are unwanted. On the other hand, Furner cant keep anyone in a green jersey - even denying Milford the chance to hang with his dying father.

It must cut deep that you have never ever seen a legal Raiders side make a GF. Canberra are Cronulla with perennial frostbite. And never will be anything else!

carcharias

Immortal
The way I see it.
Loudstrat is wrong and Ricky is shit.
He is only defending him because he is the coach of the team he follows
Or
Loudstrat has a time machine and has travelled forward in time to the year
2015 where the Eels are undefeated and Ricky Stuart had just been
named coach if the year.
There are sports journo's and commentators admitting they were wrong.
There is a thread in here that I started to apologise to loudstrat .
Dozens of other people have also posted apologies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
That would be your 23rd last word :lol::lol:
And just as f*cking lunatic as the rest.
If I have had 23 posts in this thread I guarantee all of them are more lucid than any of your 6000 on the greatness of Rick 'The $800000 wooden spoon' Stuart.

The butthurt is obvious. Your club sold its soul and joined Super League to stop Sticky being signed by Easts. Guess where he won his next premiership :lol:
Ah, the old 'you joined super league' retort. I was wondering when you'd drag that one out. Was I on the board when that decision was made you delusional old fossil?

I can see why your brain is so disfunctional. You are beside yourself wondering how your centrelink payments are going to fund your cabcharge to all those home games at Kogarah next year :lol:
Is that meant to be an insult? :lol:

The difference between Sticky and Furner is that Sticky's players want to all play under him - even after he told a dozen of them that they are unwanted.
No, the difference is that Ricko treats his players like chattels. He doesn't give a flying f**k about his players, all he cares about is R Stuart and his win/loss record. Furner might be a goose but he's not a selfish goose.

On the other hand, Furner cant keep anyone in a green jersey - even denying Milford the chance to hang with his dying father.
WTF does this mean? He can't keep a player in a green jersey yet he's keeping Milford? Med time for Loudy.

It must cut deep that you have never ever seen a legal Raiders side make a GF. Canberra are Cronulla with perennial frostbite. And never will be anything else!
They are legitimate premierships you pommel horse, and the best person to ask whether they were legit or not is your best f**king mate Ricky Superf**kingCoach Stuart!

Last edited:

cv8z

Juniors

Worry about your own under performing backyard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Furner

Furners first season with Canberra did not start well with the team only winning 4 games during the first half of the season. He was criticised by fans for changing the dynamic attacking style that was present under his predecessor in 2008. The team performed slightly better during the second half of the season, but still only managed to win a further 5 games, finishing well outside the 8 in 13th spot.
2010 started off equally as badly with the raiders winning only 4 matches during the first 12 rounds. This continued to deteriorate with the team only winning 6 matches from the first 17 rounds. However a gutsy performance against Manly in Sydney proved to be the catalyst for a run of form that resulted in the Raiders playing the best football they have played since 2003, including the first finals win in approximately 10 years. Unfortunately the fairytale was not to be with the team succumbing to the Wests Tigers in a hard fought match in front of a sold out Bruce stadium.
The 2011 NRL season began with many experts predicting the Raiders to finish in the top 4 and be real premiership contenders. Unfortunately though the team got off to almost the worst possible start, winning only 1 of its first 9 games with Furner claiming the dubious honour of coaching the team to the most consecutive losses in its history, with 8 straight defeats between round 2 and round 9 of that year. He found his position at the club under intense criticism from fans however his security was guaranteed by the club publicly. The season ended only marginally better than it started with the club ultimately only winning 6 games and finishing in second last place which was the worst result for the club since winning only 4 matches in its debut season in 1982..

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
The way I see it.
Or
named coach if the year.
I doubt it's the latter, Loudy still thinks it's 1983

dogslife

Coach
Please stop talking about David Furner in this thread, this thread is for discussing Ricky Stuart and his mythical coaching abilities.

When David Furner coaches Australia to a world cup final loss, and wins a couple of wooden spoons, then he'll probably get his own thread

Please stop talking about David Furner in this thread, this thread is for discussing Ricky Stuart and his mythical coaching abilities.

When David Furner coaches Australia to a world cup final loss, and wins a couple of wooden spoons, then he'll probably get his own thread

Furner is not on 800k + a season either!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeah, I don't understand this 'worry about Dave Furner' stuff. As I have said, Furner is a goose who I wish was not our coach. That doesn't change the fact that Ricky Stuart is a myth who couldn't coach a team full of $2 whores how to f**k at a sailors convention.

The man is poison and anyone who believes he isn't or reverts to the 'but but but Dave Furner/Steve Kearney etc are shit' argument are either as thick as pig shit, rooting Ricky 'Superdud' Stuart or are living in the same dementia unit as Loudy.

The guy is a f**king turnip whose coaching record is bad and getting worse all the time. And it's not because of poor players, refs, the star sign of Dave Furner or anything else - it's because the bloke is an over rated whinging plank.

Parra fans have obviously been beaten over the head with their ever expanding wooden spoon collection too many times if they believe this man will lead them to the promised land.

Loudstrat

Coach
The way I see it.
Or
named coach if the year.
The way I see it, you are f*cking geniused if you dont understand how Eels fans are seeing it. We think he is better than Kearney - thats all. None or you f*cking brainless trolls ever contributed to a "Mooks is a myth thread" so you must think he is better than Stuart. Your and sAG's obsession with time machines merely emphasises the fact that you are dribblers.

If I have had 23 posts in this thread I guarantee all of them are more lucid than any of your 6000 on the greatness of Rick 'The $800000 wooden spoon' Stuart.
Your last post goes on longer than the f*cking Gallipoli campaign. With you on the bugle it woldnt be Anzac Day, it's be f*cking Anzac Month! Your "last post" is like the 24 minute Deep Purple live version ffs!

Deary me - what nonsensical drivel have you bored us to death with this time?
Ah, the old 'you joined super league' retort. I was wondering when you'd drag that one out. Was I on the board when that decision was made you delusional old fossil?
Were any of us on the Eels board when we signed f*cking Kearney????????????

BTW I was wondering when you'd drag out the "fossil" line. You re probably older than me. You must be - given the altheimers delusions in your post

Is that meant to be an insult? :lol:

No, the difference is that Ricko treats his players like chattels. He doesn't give a flying f**k about his players, all he cares about is R Stuart and his win/loss record. Furner might be a goose but he's not a selfish goose.
Thats why players want to stay at Parramatta, and are leaving Furner in droves. How many Eels players sit on their rooves getting pissed and posting a pic of themselves giving Furner the bird when they should have been at training. That really says "I love you coach" :lol:

WTF does this mean? He can't keep a player in a green jersey yet he's keeping Milford? Med time for Loudy.
With a f*cking gun to his head.
They are legitimate premierships you pommel horse
BUTTHURT!!! WAAAHHH!!!!

You can attack our club like its some sort of sick obsession, but you cant face your own skeletons in your closet. You f*cking sook :lol:
and the best person to ask whether they were legit or not is your best f**king mate Ricky Superf**kingCoach Stuart!
Why your obsession with calling him "Supercoch" all the time? he isnt a supercoach (unlike Canberra - we have had two - Provan and Gibson, and two that got reasonably close - Fearnley and Smith in his first tenure).

Seek help to cure your obsession.

I eagerly await your next batch of "last threads ever". :lol::lol:

Last edited:

cv8z

Juniors

When you compare Stuart's coaching you're comparing him to other coaches you tool
How long did Kevin Moore last?
They even bought him a team and he was shit.

dogslife

Coach
When you compare Stuart's coaching you're comparing him to other coaches you tool
How long did Kevin Moore last?
They even bought him a team and he was shit.
Kevin Moore never achieved the lofty heights of a wooden spoon.

But he and Ricky do have something in common, they've never seen out one of their coaching contracts :lol:

Latest posts