What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roast

LESStar58

Referee
After Voss shows Hunt kicking an AFL goal, Gus and MG threaten to walk off if he shows another AFL clip. Was half in jest, but Gus definitely wasnt happy. Bravo.

Fair enough too! What was Voss thinking? Ch 9 do not have the AFL rights and will not do so for many years. It's about time they gave deserved coverage to the game they have the rights too.

Here's any idea; MG on Offsiders! I'd actually tune in just to see it and watch MG give it to that grub Cassidy and queen of the harpies Caro! :lol:

ozjet1

the 1st thing I thought while I was watching the segment on sunday was how it would be the major topic of discussion on these forums.

over a 100 posts and not far wrong.

i reckon most members here would rather discuss anything regarding AFL, albeit negative, than a topic concerning rugby league. Oh look, there was ad just on during the NRL one week at a time on One HD featuring Chris Judd.

Seriously, who gives a flying f**k! I'm sure any mention of badminton or lacrosse wouldnt get the same reaction.

Lose the insecurities boys.

Last edited:

Mark Rudd

Juniors
the 1st thing i thought while i was watching the segment on sunday was how it would be the major topic of discussion on these forums.

Over a 100 posts and not far wrong.

I reckon most members here would rather discuss anything regarding afl, albeit negative, than a topic concerning rugby league. Oh look, there was ad just on during the nrl one week at a time on one hd featuring chris judd.

Seriously, who gives a flying f**k! I'm sure any mention of badminton or lacrosse wouldnt get the same reaction.

+1,000,000,000

gottabegood

Juniors
the 1st thing I thought while I was watching the segment on sunday was how it would be the major topic of discussion on these forums.

over a 100 posts and not far wrong.

i reckon most members here would rather discuss anything regarding AFL, albeit negative, than a topic concerning rugby league. Oh look, there was ad just on during the NRL one week at a time on One HD featuring Chris Judd.

That ordinary sports leaders bought those 2 players just for the media exposure (and the polynesian factor). So what does Vossy do, gives them the exact exposure they banked on.
Understandable if he absolutely ripped the game apart...but I believe he scored one lonely goal...woopidodah

Let alone the over exposure they get on every bloody channel, you wonder why rugby league supporters are a little angry, when you expect a little sanctuary from the onslaught on a rugby league program.

So ++ to Gould and MG.

But again, I don't mind vossy, but cleary he would have been pressured to bring that up.

Politics lads...

Brutus

Referee
That ordinary sports leaders bought those 2 players just for the media exposure (and the polynesian factor). So what does Vossy do, gives them the exact exposure they banked on.
Understandable if he absolutely ripped the game apart...but I believe he scored one lonely goal...woopidodah

Let alone the over exposure they get on every bloody channel, you wonder why rugby league supporters are a little angry, when you expect a little sanctuary from the onslaught on a rugby league program.

So ++ to Gould and MG.

But again, I don't mind vossy, but cleary he would have been pressured to bring that up.

Politics lads...

Agree 100%.

The AFL bought these guys for publicity and the fact they are being shown in AFL singlets on RL shows is even more of a bonus for them.

Well done Gus and MG.

Apey

Staff member
Next week will be epic...

Freddy Joey MG and some other meathead plz

docbrown

Coach
The bonus points issue was an interesting one. I think there's problems with SupeRugbY system - as you can get 2 bonus points for losing (if you get at least 4 tries and lose by less then 7).

But if we adopted a variation of that it wouldn't be the first bonus points system used in rugby league. It's been done in England before.

Something like:

5 points - a win by 3 tries (or maybe 12-18 points) margin - think we should award by tries not goal kicking though...

4 points - a regular win
3 points - extra-time (golden point) win
2 points - draw
1 point - extra-time (golden point) loss or
1 point - a loss by less than 7 points
0 points - loss