What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roast

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Let me jump on the F*ck Off TK Bandwagon. Personally, I hate him for his weasel face and the way he takes two minutes to say nothing at all.

Here here.

And what about the merkin going on about no expansion at the start of the show?

With mates like that in RL, who needs enemies?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Here here.

And what about the merkin going on about no expansion at the start of the show?

With mates like that in RL, who needs enemies?

I don't think no to expansion is the worst point in the world...although it may be if the TV rights deal brings in more money and a lot more talent is not lost to rugby/UK.

But your point is very fair. TK is probably the worst person on TV. Fact.

dragon_around

Juniors
What the show needs is for TK to be replaced with a guest from one of the teams that played that Fri/Sat night. Similar to the Sunday FS.

They've had a few players fill in before and done okay. TK is a clown.

jamoss

Juniors
you said a 5 second clip is not an advertisement for the AFL, where is the line drawn then? It's a RL show, there had been 4 games in the 48 hours prior to the show, an Origin mid week, and another 3 from the previous weekend after their last show. 8 games of football they could be covering in an hour, why do they waste time showing the AFL? If I was interested in how cutie is faring in the AFL, I'll watch an AFL show.

i dont care to sit there and anaylise where i draw the line, i just know its not at a 5 second clip.. If they had Hunt on for an interview talking about AFL i would have a problem with that or if they spoke about it for more than a few moments it would then start to look like a full segment and i wouldnt like that.. The exact same way the soccer player on the thursday night show got 15 minutes worth of soccer dribble is irrelevant.. As far as im concerned the thursday show has always been NRL with some bad jokes embelishing it, its always been based around NRL personalities and not soccer or boxing or anything else.. So that to me is a clear example of promoting another code, id rather see them get live bands back on if they want to cut to something different.

There is a large battle looming for the greater west sydney about to happen and i want NRL to kick sheedy right out of town, i think thats the heart of the matter.. But what happened amounted to a ridiculous over reaction in my opinion, a 5 sec clip relating to an EX NRL player is not promoting another code.. Passion for NRL is great, temper tantrums from volatile idiotic sideline commentators isnt so great.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Voss went as red as a beeroot after that comment. It was embarrassing.

TK just as bad as Voss. The Cows are in the top 4 and all he can say is they should be unbeatable at home. He is only on the show due to exit of Johns and Iken.

Brutus

Referee
What the show needs is for TK to be replaced with a guest from one of the teams that played that Fri/Sat night. Similar to the Sunday FS.

They've had a few players fill in before and done okay. TK is a clown.

No current players on The Roast please.

Current players add nothing.

StormChaser

First Grade
Love, love, love the Roast, but hate how they all bow and scrape around Gus, it's like one big circlejerk, Vossy is the worst for it. Voss is just painful to watch and listen to. Loathe him!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Gus is the only one who gives knowledgeable, logical and thought out opinions on the show. Vossy is smart to have him as the go to man for insight. TK is there for controversy and MG for laughs.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Gould making bs claims that the NSW media doesn't whinge about the refs.

What a load, he said nothing of the NSW media. He said that if NSW had of won "the media in Qld would have been going on about it for three weeks".

You aren't above bias yourself Pete and it shows, no matter how much you try to justify your posts, your bias still shows.

Big Pete

Referee
What a load, he said nothing of the NSW media. He said that if NSW had of won "the media in Qld would have been going on about it for three weeks".

You aren't above bias yourself Pete and it shows, no matter how much you try to justify your posts, your bias still shows.

He was trying to justify Ricky's rantings and ravings about the ref and made mention that somebody had to. Then went onto a speil about the Qld media as if it's only exclusive to my state. It's just a load and something he's been guilty of in the past.

It's a laugh, especially after Hayne-gate back in 2009.

Hooch

Juniors
Gus is a manipulative stooge, but it would be funny if he reached over and gave TK's balls a squeeze. Just to see what he would do.

slipperykinchela

First Grade
i would love a show with only people who have never played or coached at nrl level, then only would we see true opinions and the inane "not his go" or "he is a top bloke" shite.

Then you wouldnt have dumbasses like the Fox panel and all of 9(Sterling & Gould excluded)

gallagher

Juniors
Voss went as red as a beeroot after that comment. It was embarrassing.

TK just as bad as Voss. The Cows are in the top 4 and all he can say is they should be unbeatable at home. He is only on the show due to exit of Johns and Iken.
Thanks for a massive mid season reality check. Just as my hate for TK was peaking you remind me that Ikin could be there instead.

Long live TK!!!!!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
i would love a show with only people who have never played or coached at nrl level, then only would we see true opinions and the inane "not his go" or "he is a top bloke" shite.

Then you wouldnt have dumbasses like the Fox panel and all of 9(Sterling & Gould excluded)

I hear ya, although people would then complain of lack of knowledge and how can anyone who hasn't played the game at the top level be qualified to talk about it.

get amongst it

Juniors
I dont know how you can put gus on TV. he is the ugliest man in the world. and the reason he's hair is always so bad is because he can't see due to the sagging of the skin over his eyes

Paullyboy

Coach
Loved hearing Sterlo take the piss out of Voss during the Titans-Dogs match on Friday night for saying "the Titans have to score more than 20 points when you factor in that Barba still has to score his try" in complete seriousness when the score was 14-0 just before half-time.

As tends to happen in Bulldogs games, I fell asleep, but woke up and they kept referring to this but I just didn't for the life of me understand what it was about. Can someone fill me in?

Latest posts