What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rooftop Bacardi Breezer Boys do it again......

betcats

Referee
As a Queenslander that's bullshit

Wasn't Jt or Mal kicked out of the down under bar in Brisbane for going behind the bar a season or two ago whilst on the piss

Yeah nah.

That was a team session with the whole side and staff there. I know they do bonding sessions obviously, read what I said again mate you definitely have that famous QLD reading comprehension.

Even Paul Gallen has said today (IF TRUE) that its extremely disappointing and not what origin players do. After a game sure, not before the f**king decider.

butchmcdick

Immortal
This was during Queensland's dominance, the early 2000s Blues sides got on the grog too but NSW has had a lot of issues with winning, so an alcohol ban is something you would assume they'd enforce.

I was going to defend these guys but just learned that they apparently drank all day, that's definitely go to impact a performance.

How often do you think Duges and Fergo get legless five days before a game ?

How often do most NRL players do it ?

butchmcdick

Immortal
Yeah nah.

That was a team session with the whole side and staff there. I know they do bonding sessions obviously, read what I said again mate you definitely have that famous QLD reading comprehension.

Even Paul Gallen has said today (IF TRUE) that its extremely disappointing and not what origin players do. After a game sure, not before the f**king decider.

Well if there is one thing Gal and NSW fans know it's disappointment

betcats

Referee

I might be naïve but with how strict teams are on preparation and drinking during the week I'd say most NRL players aren't going on 8 hour drinking binges mid week before a game.

If Dugan and Fergo do it often it just proves how stupid Daley was to pick and stick with these idiots after already being burned by them once.

Knightmare

Coach
The more I think of this, the more I think it would've been a worse thing for Holmes' Game 2 opening try to have been given the red light or for NSW to have run down the clock and won the game.

Had this happened and NSW won back the shield, Daley's position and the positions of a handful of others in this team wouldn't be getting the scrutiny they deserve, regardless of how Game 3 turned out...

I don't want NSW Origin camps to become a teetotallers affair, but taking off on a Friday before the game to spend 8 hours on the piss reflects the wrong attitude from players.

Shorty

Staff member

Never the less NSW were on the verge of losing 3 in a row and also trying to usher in a new era, you have to be strict on things like this.
Particularly when both Dugan and Fergusson have issues with alcohol/discipline previously.
Dugan still played quite well but that's not really the point, they shouldn't have been in the mindset to do something like that.

OldPanther

Coach
It happened on the Friday so it's not going to do anything to performance. I'd be asking Daley some hard questions. Why was Fifi allowed to decide the roster and why were players allowed to go out for 8 hours on the drink. This is his lack of leadership more than anything.

Zadar

Juniors
It happened on the Friday so it's not going to do anything to performance. I'd be asking Daley some hard questions. Why was Fifi allowed to decide the roster and why were players allowed to go out for 8 hours on the drink. This is his lack of leadership more than anything.

Agree, it also states that it was NSW day off, I still haven't heard that Dugan and fergo were plastered, an 8 hour session doesn't necessarily mean it was tequila shots and beer bongs, not hard to go for lunch have a couple beers, have a punt couple more beers, dinner, watch the footy with a few more beers then go home. It could well have been 10-15 beers in 8hrs on their day off, until I hear anything untoward happened or that they were told to stay in camp and off the piss, then it is just speculative bullish!t to make headlines and excuses for a poor performance 5 days later.

betcats

Referee
Take this how you will but a guy just rang up talkin sport and said he works at Kingscliff bowlo and fergo and Dugan were in there before both qld games pissed as f**k acting like muppets. They asked for his details and he just said trodden should just call the bowlo and ask about it.

Zadar

Juniors
Take this how you will but a guy just rang up talkin sport and said he works at Kingscliff bowlo and fergo and Dugan were in there before both qld games pissed as f**k acting like muppets. They asked for his details and he just said trodden should just call the bowlo and ask about it.

And yet the photos from the general manager from the pub that they were at, show the pair were having photos with kids and the public and said it was an arranged event.

Shorty

Staff member
Yes and no, alcohol is inflammatory.
Generally professional athletes don't drink booze before a major comp.
Also they get what 30k per match?
They should be sober on that alone.

_Johnsy

Referee

Papers should be stamped never again. f**king muppets....

June 2013 Mal was kicked out of a bar for being disorderly & serving himself behind a bar (uninvited & breaching liquor laws) during an Origin bonding session days before game 2. I'm guessing you've missed the irony in your haste to lay the slipper in.

Keep trying though.

_Johnsy

Referee
Well we now know know Pedge owns a mobile & knows how to use it. Maintain the rage sister.