What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roosters $2 million jersey

CyberKev

Staff member
Rooster Cogburn. said:
The mighty Roosters will be wearing a $2 million jersey next season. Samsung who previously sponsored Easts in the 90's has dumped AFL club Hawthorn to return as major sponsors of Easts.

Whatever gets you through the night, Cock Coggers...

The real version of events is that Hawthorn passed-up Samsung for major sponsorship because they got a better offer from the second largest bank in the World...

At any rate, it looks highly probable that the Hawks will be keeping on Samsung in a downgraded role next season as well.

I'm pleased that the Punky Brewsters have been able to get some scraps from our hand-me-downs though... They deserve it the battlers... Perhaps the Hawks should go all out and help them out by giving over some supporters too... Always in short supply out Bondi way, hey :lol:

CyberKev

anastabation

Juniors
I would use the watever slogan but I think its rather lame! I'm glad they have samsung back because I have one of Brad Fittlers jerseys from the mid 90's - got samsung on it.

Bengal

Juniors
CyberKev said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:
The mighty Roosters will be wearing a $2 million jersey next season. Samsung who previously sponsored Easts in the 90's has dumped AFL club Hawthorn to return as major sponsors of Easts.

Whatever gets you through the night, Cock Coggers...

The real version of events is that Hawthorn passed-up Samsung for major sponsorship because they got a better offer from the second largest bank in the World...

At any rate, it looks highly probable that the Hawks will be keeping on Samsung in a downgraded role next season as well.

I'm pleased that the Punky Brewsters have been able to get some scraps from our hand-me-downs though... They deserve it the battlers... Perhaps the Hawks should go all out and help them out by giving over some supporters too... Always in short supply out Bondi way, hey :lol:

CyberKev

This is great news for the Roosters and great news for Rugby League.

CyberKev hand me downs, scraps whatever you wish to call them, send them our way, we'll embrace them, we're not an arrogant lot like yourselves.

CyberKev

Staff member
Bengal said:
CyberKev hand me downs, scraps whatever you wish to call them, send them our way, we'll embrace them, we're not an arrogant lot like yourselves.

Not arrogant? The Punky Brewsters???!!!

Hmmm, who will I believe, Bengal or the veritable plethora of supporters from rival NRL clubs???

Tough one...

I'd love to take your word for it Bengers, but the majority wins.

You're welcome to Samsung, I'm all for caring and sharing... Hopefully someone will come through with a decent mascot for yas next... I mean to say, a rooster, c'mon give me a break?! Only ever any good for the rotisserie, and its not as if you ever see Roosters sipping-on skim milk lattes, do you?

CyberKev

Bengal

Juniors
Damn you've got me on that one CyberKev!

Not one of the most inspiring names around - the Roosters!

Not that I've bothered to know what the nicknames of some AFL clubs are, but I'm sure you'd have a few of your own.

Raider_69

Post Whore
well AFL nicknames ay

the swans?
surely thats worse than the roosters
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

besides the swans and roosters most of the nicknames are pretty good

CyberKev

Staff member
Bengal said:
Damn you've got me on that one CyberKev!

Not one of the most inspiring names around - the Roosters!

Not that I've bothered to know what the nicknames of some AFL clubs are, but I'm sure you'd have a few of your own.

It doesn't carry the fire and brimstone of 'The Dragons', but you'll be relieved to know there have been worse monickers...

Hawthorn were themselves known as the 'mayblooms' and the 'mustard pots' across the 1920s & 1930s :oops:

Almost as bad as the Melbourne Football Club being known as the 'Fuschias', until someone thankfully decided that 'The Demons' sounded a tad more intimidating.

Not that the NRL clubs don't have their own soft ones...

Canterbury were known as 'The Berries' for a time and one can only wonder as to who had the bright idea of labelling Parramatta 'The Eels'... I mean to say, the phallic imagery of soft peni doesn't really inspire one for battle, does it?

Still, could be worse... You could always be lumbered with an ultra-crappy Americanised basketball type nick like 'The Heat' :(

CyberKev

Bengal

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
well AFL nicknames ay

the swans?

Too true!

Off the top of my head the only AFL nickname I could think of was the Blues, but that's hardly bad.

The Swans of course, should've remembered that lol

CyberKev

Staff member
Raider_69 said:
well AFL nicknames ay

the swans?

Yeah, although it could be worse, given that in the early South Melbourne days the club was known as 'The Bloods'...

And I'd prefer the swans to getting all poncey and naming them the 'Harbour' or something similarly ridiculous.

CyberKev

Raider_69

Post Whore
but then again we do also have the rabbitohs........

hmmm rabbits arnt much to be scared of

and their cheerleader that have been haply named by me and my workmates (work at aussie stadium) the Rabbit Hoes
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

***MH***

Bench
that's it... im destroying all my samsung products, 61cm tv, dvd, vcr.... there is no way in hell that i'll be financing rooster scum!

CyberKev

Staff member
Mighty Heighty said:
that's it... im destroying all my samsung products, 61cm tv, dvd, vcr.... there is no way in hell that i'll be financing rooster scum!

LOL!

I admire the sentiment, but the gate has already well and truly swung shut.

If you destroy your 61cm telly you won't have to watch the Punkies, which will be a win, but it won't hurt Samsung if you've already brought it to begin with.

CyberKev

Kaz

junior
Mighty Heighty said:

Can I have the TV, DVD & VCR before you destroy them. :D

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Bastard_Squad said:
I always though Seimens was an appropriate sponsor for the Roosters given their proximity to Oxford St.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thank god i dont own any samsung or sieman products

Thank you fone zone, i have a brilliant fone! :D

Big Tim

First Grade
I agree Tony. What the hell is going on in Bondi. Stealing everything that they got, players, jerseys and so forth.