What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ropati try

AuckMel

Bench
I counted 3 strips that were clear and stood out. The one on Benji, the one Thomas L did, and the one Managhan did.

Two led to tries and one was missed by the TJ who was standing right in front of it.

deluded pom?

Coach
I admittedly haven't been on LU much since the match, but after Ricky Stuart and Paul Gallen insisted that the result was a conspiracy, it's very refreshing to see an Australian who is willing to accept the loss graciously. Thank you. :thumn

To be honest Jes I wa expecting a lot more teddies being thrown out of prams from the Aussies but on the whole most have been very generous in their appraisal of Australia's defeat. Well done (most) Aussies ;-)

Jesbass

First Grade
To be honest Jes I wa expecting a lot more teddies being thrown out of prams from the Aussies but on the whole most have been very generous in their appraisal of Australia's defeat. Well done (most) Aussies ;-)

Yeah, the majority that I've seen since posting that message of gratitude fall into the same category. Aussies aren't all that bad. I remember visiting Melbourne for the first time and being stunned that the locals were really polite to a guy with a Kiwi accent! :lol:

ozenzud

Juniors
Still can't believe there are people out there still blaming Slater. Monaghan had a worse game and didn't set up two tries. The Aussie forwards got thumped and heaps of people blame Slater?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I admittedly haven't been on LU much since the match, but after Ricky Stuart and Paul Gallen insisted that the result was a conspiracy, it's very refreshing to see an Australian who is willing to accept the loss graciously. Thank you. :thumn

thats because the two morons complaining the most are both from the sharks.

i think most aussies can accept the kiwis were the better team and the fingers need to be pointed at the coach and players not the ref

IAmDancingHomer

Juniors
Still can't believe there are people out there still blaming Slater. Monaghan had a worse game and didn't set up two tries. The Aussie forwards got thumped and heaps of people blame Slater?

Well that is missconception. I ran the stats and virually man for man the Aussies made more metres in the forwards per run than their Kiwi counterparts. The rpobelm is they never had the ball as much as the kiwis and it looks like they didn't do enough. The Kiwis had a completion rate of 81% from 40 uses of the ball. Teh Aussies on the other hand had a completion rate of 61% from 34 uses of the ball. It is a wonder they only lost by 14....it should have been 40 from that stat. The Kiwis played smarter and controled the game in the 2nd half with a good kicking game. This with a few unusual aussie errors and you have your win.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
According to the rules, fair try, but I really hate the rules. It creates a very messy area when play on like that is allowed. If it's stripped then it's a penalty, if it's a knock on then it's a scrum. I don't like that a ball can unintentially fly 3-4 metres forward from an attacker and be allowed to play on.

Jesbass

First Grade
According to the rules, fair try, but I really hate the rules. It creates a very messy area when play on like that is allowed. If it's stripped then it's a penalty, if it's a knock on then it's a scrum. I don't like that a ball can unintentially fly 3-4 metres forward from an attacker and be allowed to play on.

Technically, it wasn't flying forward from an attacker, but back from a defender. Technically.

Iafeta

Referee
I counted 3 strips that were clear and stood out. The one on Benji, the one Thomas L did, and the one Managhan did.

Two led to tries and one was missed by the TJ who was standing right in front of it.

That's right, on Bronson Harrison down the right hand side after Harrison had made a half break (top player IMO). Definite strip, you could see them have a very nervous look at the referee.

All in all though, Klein IMO put on the best refereeing performance of the World Cup.

1stNov2000

Juniors
Good on Fa'alogo for playing to the whistle, he never stopped. Watching replays I could see even Lockyer slow down and even Luke drop his head as if to think "Oh Benji f*#ked up"

Latest posts