What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rumour continues: Sonny Bill out for season?

legend

Coach
He can't do much about it because this sort of degenerative injury has happened to a lot of elite athletes.

Terrell Davis, the leading NFL rusher at the time had a similar injury and he never came back from the injury. He was a little older and had more miles on the legs but IMO, SBW will be forced to retire if he sustains one more serious knock to the knee and at such a young age, his chances are not good.

Oh well I'm sure he could go into a career in the media - such an articulate young fellow...y'know bro?

Or perhaps into politics - what a he has brain on top of those muscles!

Lego_Man

First Grade
Yeah karma....what did Sonny Bill have to do with Coffs Harbour or the salary cap rort?

Always great to see a young player's career destroyed by injury isn't it? Idiots.

Booyah

Bench
Sounds like he's damaged the chondral surface of his femur. Looks like he'll be training like Laurie Daley for the rest of his career. Massive blow for a guy who's only 20 and looks like having the footy world at his feet.

go_the_doggies

Juniors
Lego_Man said:
Yeah karma....what did Sonny Bill have to do with Coffs Harbour or the salary cap rort?

Always great to see a young player's career destroyed by injury isn't it? Idiots.
They're only saying that probably cos when sonny's good, he's good, and they are scared hehe i dunno maybe im wrong....and yes i know im gunna get an earful for saying that but meh...:cool:

simon says

First Grade
Very sad news,reminds me a bit of Geoff Starling,which Im sure is well before the tiems of most punters here.....albeit to say that Starling looked like he had the workld at his feet and then he was gooooorne.....

Hate to see the same happen to one of the most naturally talented players I have ever seen.

On the upside,the Doggies are easier to beat without him,and they have spent a sh*tload of their cap on him......so.........

effnic

Bench
Holy crap is he only 20? Well as much as i love to see a team that someone like dodge the nob follows fall deep down to the spoon it is kinda sad a guy with such talent missing out.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dude, STFU and stop ruining topics with personal sh*t. You are more loathed than I am here so grow a brain and leave pathetic insults in TFC where they belong.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dude, what part of "leave it in TFC" don't you understand?

Grow up.

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
legend said:
He can't do much about it because this sort of degenerative injury has happened to a lot of elite athletes.

Terrell Davis, the leading NFL rusher at the time had a similar injury and he never came back from the injury. He was a little older and had more miles on the legs but IMO, SBW will be forced to retire if he sustains one more serious knock to the knee and at such a young age, his chances are not good.
what about that knee injury ronaldo suffered when he was playing for Inter Milan back in 2000?

Ronaldo was out for nearly 2 years with the knee injury he suffered and made a successful comeback at the world cup by winning the dam trophy

ghoti

Bench
How do Bulldogs fans feel about their retention policy now? Let go a long time vital member of their team, a NSW 5/8 in order to retain a 19 year old backrower riddled with injury.

Their re-signings of both Mason and SBW for big money truly did puzzle me when they were struggling for depth in the halves as it was (FFS, they were playing Corey Hughes at halfback!!!)

IMHO Canterbury should have let Williams and Mason go and look at retaining Anasta and singing good quality players to cover the departures of a walking physiotherapy bill and the most over-rated under-performing player in the game. They would have had a much better squad because of it.

Are there any Bulldogs supporters out there who support Canterbury's retention policy of last year?

ghoti

Bench
Special K said:
Williams and Mason over Anasta any day of the week!!
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Anasta. I don't think he is all he is made out to be. I think he's a solid first grader though and as a 5/8 worth a lot more in playing value than SBW and Mason put together. Sure, they'll pull off a big run here and there, but Anasta is amuch more consistent player (as much as it hurts me to compliment the twat.)