What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Haran would have less than 1% the influence that Gould has, we have no one at the club with that sort of pull, Bennett was the only one who managed to get this club going, as the great man said " I run this football Dept, you leave me alone and just pay the bills" I would have given anything to have him back here, Doust and whoever else were responsible for not signing him to a 5 year deal in the first place should have been put in exile from the club forever !!!n
No argument from me that Haran is not the best man for the recruitment job- but what he said sounded so negative and resigned that I'm not surprised we've only managed to attract Queensland Cup hopefuls and Wests Tigers discards so far

denis preston

First Grade
Undoubtedly so Dennis , in fact I am sure that the grants from the St.George leagues club pokies was of a greater amount then the coffers of the state government at the time .

However overall the Joint Venture itself has failed to deliver the necessary funding to ensure that the Big Red V is on level pegging with the other 16 teams of the NRL .

Of course there are various reasons for that , whether it be through a lack of a savvy recruitment officer , TPA’s not being fully utilised to their maximum benefit , or just a lack of ambition by the individuals currently in the Dragon boardroom , whom seem to be merely content to have the team in the NRL , rather than hold the Provan and Summons trophy at years end .
Agree mate , sad isn’t it. I’m a member of the leagues club now so at least I can vote irrespective of what one vote will do.

justadragon

Bench
Just proving you don’t need a long neck and feathers to be a goose.
Totally agree, this is cut and dry stupidity, god forbid if an accident had happened and he killed someone, he would have been joining Amone. In this case I feel sorry for the club that Sullivan didnt give one thought to what he was doing and it could have ended up much worse. How much do we have to teach these guys about laws and common everyday living within them, they are not above that.

The Word

Juniors

The pre-season that keeps on giving…
Not trying to stick up for him necessarily, and I haven't read the story as it's subscription, however I've got a mate whose son was stopped by police for driving while suspended (for a fairly minor P Plate speeding offence a few weeks prior). The letter relating to his suspension didn't turn up until after he was stopped the second time, so he didn't even know he was suspended. He didn't bother contesting as it was too hard.

Nanadragon

Juniors
I have to wonder if any "life" advice is given to these young players by mentors in the Club. Our youngsters seem to be doing some pretty stupid things. Sullivan was lucky not to have a conviction recorded. Not everyone is that fortunate. There is no excuse to not having a current driver's licence.

Old Timer

Coach
I have to wonder if any "life" advice is given to these young players by mentors in the Club. Our youngsters seem to be doing some pretty stupid things. Sullivan was lucky not to have a conviction recorded. Not everyone is that fortunate. There is no excuse to not having a current driver's licence.
Did he fail to renew his liscence or was he driving whilst suspended?

Both illegal and stupid but certainly more than a subtle difference between the two offences.

Anyone know when the offence occurred?

The shitty part is that a Joe Average kid would no necessarily be treated with such leniency.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Player Managers should also take responsibility in educating their clients not just the clubs responsibility. They depend on the players to play good footy to get the best deals out of them and having them throw their careers away impacts them just as much. They can't just be there to give advise on getting out of contracts if a better offer is out there like most do these days.

KiamaSaint

Coach
In fairness, I’m not sure we can expect the club to anticipate that Sullivan would drive while suspended.