What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragons4me

Juniors
I am probably just being my usual cynical self, but I suspect Dom will sign with the Roosters for $300,000 a year with no mention of a sponsor supplying a new BMW every year or the lifetime rent free penthouse apartment overlooking Bondi Beach!

In my opinion that's exactly how it works. I reckon the NRL know it too but do you reckon they'll do anything about it? No way in hell.

Dragon David

First Grade
In my opinion that's exactly how it works. I reckon the NRL know it too but do you reckon they'll do anything about it? No way in hell.
The aim is getting the player you want. If the means of how the guy is to be got involves some back room "adjustments" or "special deals arranged", then so be it and I don't think that they have "brown bags" to achieve money deals.

The Roosters were once a club in trouble but they were able to get things the way that they have now by getting the right people involved in their organisation as per -

and their coaching staff Trent Robinson, Jason Ryles (replaced Craig Fitzgibbon last year), Matt King, Brett Morris.

Their reputation is such that they can now attract the players to that club with the added inducement of winning premierships. Money wise they know how to adjust where needed with their business acumen and high profiles.

With Jared Waerea-Hargreaves most likely leaving at the end of the year, they should have money for Dominic Young. As I have said, they have already a solid squad, it is tweaking a bit here and there - lose one guy, bring in another where needed.

Brett Morris loves the club - reckons it's the best run club and is helping with coaching and no doubt will hone Young's winger skills even more to improve.

Our club is run by ..... well , so much has been written about them that it is not worth repeating.

We are a joint venture with guys at the top who don't really have a solid common realistic goal to aim for. The Roosters do a bit of tweaking here and there to maintain and enhance the positives of their club, while in my view our guys run around like headless chooks and don't really know where they are going.

Das Hassler

Bench
Another article that makes FOX News commentary on Trump look blistering in comparison....if it were WT...Panthers...Broncs or any number of other clubs there'd be "demands for answers".." when will the board be accountable"....what do they stand for" ...basketcase etc etc etc..article after article....for the dragons the criticism always stops at the individual players. Made me laugh when someone posted that the media target you guys...not even close. Anyway...good luck to you...the "journos" help nothing

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints have had more headlines under Hook than any other coach. Sure you would let your team go out on the pi$$ after dishing out that rubbish. They should have been sent straight home and flogged in the morning on a training run. Lets see how many more bad performances they give if they get flogged the next morning in training.

Musgrove a known ill disciplined player? Wow what a surprise after having Maguire, Burgess etc come to the club. The club is an absolute mess. If there are 2 split camps (Hunt v Lomax) and for the reason of the support of the coach then our board in on the Hunt train for sure, to extend both these guys contracts in 2022. What hope have the youngsters got who actually want be play semis.

The Word

Juniors
I’m hearing one of the youngers called one of the elders out on their attitude during the game which ended in a back and forth argument. I get a feeling (I’m not sure) but one of the younger forwards called woodsy out. It’d make complete sense and also makes sense as to why there weren’t any punches thrown we know woodsy can’t run a proper line let alone throw hands.
The idea that Woods would be getting into drunken altercations with team mates at 6am is ridiculous. Say what you like about his on-field ability, but off-field he's been a model professional and example to others.

DfL

Juniors
The idea that Woods would be getting into drunken altercations with team mates at 6am is ridiculous. Say what you like about his on-field ability, but off-field he's been a model professional and example to others.
Completely disregarding the joke 😂 but yeah I guess you’re right haha. That comment was made prior to knowing the time it occurred. Let’s be honest, no one would of been surprised if another player called woodsy out on his putrid performance on the weekend.

DfL

Juniors
D
Don’t know why some of yous are so hurt over a joke.

Wait is this hook or woods?

justadragon

Bench
It really is frustrating when I read of signings whether they are rumoured or actual. In the case of the Dragons, rumoured signings linger on and in most cases do not come to fruition particularly anyone of significance and if a rumour does actually happen, the player is generally one who is an in between KOE Cup and first grade level.

Now when you see a club like the Roosters go for a player, they know how to get their man.

The winger now at the Knights, Dominic Young, has been rumoured to be chased by the Roosters, Titans, Dolphins and of course the Knights wanting to retain him after this year.

The Roosters are in the box seat and Young has more or less told the Knights that he is leaving them and sign up with the Politis run club and has also knocked back a good offer from the Titans of $500K per year - mainly for the reason that the Roosters offer was better because of their reputation and premiership chances.

The Roosters have this way of "romancing" the proposed signee by "rolling out the red carpet and having dinner with Trent Robinson at his home".

The only red thing we seem to have is the Red V as I don't think we have such a thing as red carpet in the Wollongong and Kogarah establishments and of course to "romance" the proposed signee at dinner would be at the old Taj building in the company of Ben Haran and Anthony Griffin eating fish and chips.

What chances do we have of getting a marquee player? As a joint venture entity our reputation for premiership winning chances has been very poor in the last decade and we know why. The marquee players manager know this and our negotiators get knocked back on the fish and chips dinner offer.

The bloody Roosters hey! I'm over them but they know how to achieve success.

"YOUNG DROPS BOMBSHELL ON KNIGHTS

In-demand winger Dominic Young has reportedly informed the Knights that he will join the Roosters next season.

It means the Titans and Dolphins have also missed out on the 21-year-old’s signature.

According to News Corp, the Titans were willing to offer Young over $500,000 a season but it couldn’t compare to the Roosters’ reputation and premiership chances.

The Roosters rolled out the red carpet in their chase for Young, which included dinner with coach Trent Robinson at his home.

News Corp reports Young held talks with his manager, Michael Cincotta, on Monday night to settle on his future.

The towering winger became one of the hottest prospects on the market for 2024 after a breakout season for the Knights and solid World Cup campaign for England.

Young will join a star-studded Roosters backline next season made up of James Tedesco, Joseph Manu, Daniel Tupou and Joseph Suaalii — depending on whether the latter takes up his option for 2024."
Wow a backline like that also keary and walker, young comes in at around the 500K mark, oh yes there is a salary cap, FFS please spare me even the ignorance of even being able to question it.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
It's beyond me that some players in our club are unable to understand that they are professionals and unaware of what's not acceptable behavior off the field on the drink or not however, it all comes back to the club.

They are a professional organisation and they are an embarrassment. How do you expect the players to understand what's acceptable when they see their coach get done for DUI and he continues to be employed.

Until the club makes changes to why they can't attract players and coaches to their organization nothing will change. Some heads have to roll but it won't happen.

Latest posts