What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
Mate , just have a look at my post history , I’m far from an apologist for the club BUT I do see here some hope that finally WIN are ready to get their hands dirty and have some hunger to improve things , something that the St George side of the board seem incapable of. I’d rather be a poster that calls out the negative issues sure but also acknowledge when the club does positive things. We won’t know until the dust settles on this mooted change what the outcome will be but its at least its a change and haven’t we all be calling out for that at board level ?
WIN got a huge break when given that shonky share deal. Instead of possibly losing 6m (Illawarra debt to them), WIN secured an approximate purchase price. 4m under the market price; potentially a 10m dollar favorable situation for WIN.

Since that time, WIN has done very little to advance the cause of the Club and for most fans, it seemed that nothing much changed except for the continuation of in-fighting at the board level and the inaction when it comes to sound recruitment of players and staff.

So, in my opinion, WIN owes the club an awful lot and for me, it is hard to justify the reasoning for past decisions. I still hold the view that the Dragons would have been much better off selling to the highest bidder.

thebigredv

First Grade
Molo has pleaded guilty so get rid of him, his form has been average at best anyway.
He's worth about 3 hit ups and concedes as many penalties per game.

Great example of a player playing for himself and not the team. That's quite a list by the way.

Its clear why he was on the outer at Cowboys now.

Should have already packed his bags by now but this club will probably just take the hit for him.

I'm following the AFL this year.

Yow

Juniors
Night out? They were smashed after being smashed on the field. It's not the first time the club has been done for bad behaviour after a charity shield game. You want to blindly defend nrl players which is dumb. Don't compare this with soccer that's stupid.
I only wrote how the media reports things not looking for a argument

Slippery Morris

First Grade
There is a Podcast where Webster has advised that Lancaster is getting extremely frustrated at how the board on the St George side is performing with their lack of input and decision making. He is hoping to get more control to make some moves to fix Saints. Saints board is a shambles and are as per what we all assume just a job for the boys club.

thebigredv

First Grade
There is a Podcast where Webster has advised that Lancaster is getting extremely frustrated at how the board on the St George side is performing with their lack of input and decision making. He is hoping to get more control to make some moves to fix Saints. Saints board is a shambles and are as per what we all assume just a job for the boys club.

I'll take any form of help and shake up we can get.

Ryan Webb has proven very ineffective too. Just an enabler for what's occurred in regards to coaches and players recruited and retained.

As for coach, the decision needs to be made now eg Hasler or Ryles and they start pencilling in target players for 2024. Now, not in 5 weeks time. Otherwise we fast forward to this time next year and another years been lost.

justadragon

Bench

Ryan Webb has proven very ineffective too. Just an enabler for what's occurred in regards to coaches and players recruited and retained.

As for coach, the decision needs to be made now eg Hasler or Ryles and they start pencilling in target players for 2024. Now, not in 5 weeks time. Otherwise we fast forward to this time next year and another years been lost.
My gut feeling is they will go for the first few rounds and depending on what happens pull the trigger then, but I do agree with you, if their target was Ryles or whoever they should have been there at the start of preseason, not trying to identify some now. I would dare say if Ryles was approached after the first 5-6 rounds he would be mad to take that on, then again Hasler might see it as a huge challenge. Anyway interesting time ahead, we are the Dragons of course, we know no other way

Dragons154

Juniors
Hook was sitting in the top 4 when he was sacked from Penrith. Had a falling out with Gus & with Gus’s arrogance this spelled the end for Griffin.
Hook was sacked for coaching the footy out of the young up and coming panthers players, which are now dominating the league.

writing is on the wall for Hook, his preference to play aging journeymen instead of looking towards the future has set the club back massively.

there is no pride on band aid fixes to cling onto the 10th position of the ladder. We are current irrelevant to the league, and that blame starts with management and hook.

denis preston

First Grade

Yes RV , a change hopefully coming and if it means WIN driven , who cares? The real culprit may be the St George side of the board who’s KPI is the Leagues club as they get voted in or out on But not the football board. Is it any wonder that they sit on their hands and don’t make decisions? As for Ryles I’d guess we would have to show him at least 3 to 4 new players signatures before he is interested. As for Des he would take it as it is and take over mid season as well .

kit66

Bench
I find it hard to swallow the talk of culture signings when our culture has become the absolute worst in the NRL. Right now, if all of Australia was polled on who they thought had the worst culture problem in the NRL, I think Dragons would be voted number 1 by a country mile.
If Hook was trying to build a strong culture he has failed miserably. We aren’t the worst footballers on the field but we are 100% the worst off the field.

Our culture was broken long before Hook arrived. Players like Frizell, Merrin and McInnes couldn't wait to get out of there, following others before them, Widdop, Graham, leaving the stench behind and who could blame them.

twinkletoes

Juniors
The more I listen and read about the toxic environment at the Dragons the more I think we need a tough, hardened coach ie Hasler. A rookie coach like Ryles would not be able to handle the politics, culture, infighting, player split etc . Let Hasler do his thing and then bring in a younger coach

mattchuot

Juniors
If I were a StG board member I would want WIN to put forward their 3 year strategic plan and budget for their funding of the Club's advancement in order to justify their 3 year Chair position.
Just the fact that we assume there is seperate STG and WIN strategic plans sums up how divided the club must be. Shouldn’t both sides should be working towards the same goals as a unified body. Imagine with the current chairman tenure of one year, the club is changing direction every single year. No wonder nothing is improving.

mickeylane

Bench
My gut feeling is they will go for the first few rounds and depending on what happens pull the trigger then, but I do agree with you, if their target was Ryles or whoever they should have been there at the start of preseason, not trying to identify some now. I would dare say if Ryles was approached after the first 5-6 rounds he would be mad to take that on, then again Hasler might see it as a huge challenge. Anyway interesting time ahead, we are the Dragons of course, we know no other way
Hook is one player incident away from being sacked...im thinking over the next 7 days someone should be doing something stupid that we can lay blame on the coach for...any takers? wheres Corey Norman when you need him....

Latest posts