What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
It looks like we may be getting some action from WIN. Want chairman Lancaster in role for 3 to 5 years instead of one. Some on here May see the negative in this but I see it as WIN finally opening the purse strings.
I am not sure reading the article that anything changes to the actual health of our football club department
Jobs for the boys there including self interest BOD shuffling deck chairs
Yes WIN help funded the COE
Same people running the joint
It is all just paper talk ATM
We need change of personnel

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Cleared out a few dead beats? He brought McGuire, McCulloch, Woods to the club.
And here is a FACT. I heard this from a board member, he wanted to re-sign Corey Norman and Craig Young had to step in and say no way.
Let that sink in.
Well said Crush.

How can people feel for Hook and especially mention last year finishing 10th with 12 wins was a good result. It was a soft draw and they just barely won against the struggling sides. We saw 1 half of good footy all season. All games were terrible to watch. The struggling Tigers even outplayed Saints and found a way to lose to the Dragons. Do these people that feel for Hook have any care about the juniors, fans and the players for being led so poorly led and forced to play a dull brand of footy that clearly is not good enough to challenge for a finals spot?

Hook Bought in his Qld buddies. Wanted Norman re-signed if not for Young. Discipline is out the door because players simply don't care. And why, because if they do the wrong thing they will get picked. The best youngsters we have left or are wanting to leave. The club is a shambled and he is to blame for some of it not the board. The board's issue is extending him in all this. Hook, Haran and Flanno play a big part in the demise of this club.

Best thing Saints can do If they do persist with Hook for the remainder of the year is announce the coach for 2024 (Other than Hook) which will hopefully be Ryles. That way all the players are on notice and play to the best to stay at Saints or get the boot. Hook will also need to lift his game if he wants a gig at another club. Saints seem to have cleared the decks for 2024 so the new coach can come in with a handy bunch of cash to spend to revitalize the club. If Saints are even more ambitious get rid of Hook asap and bring in Hasler for this season and see how he goes with this current roster as he will bring out the best in these guys unlike Hook and IF Ryles (please make this happen) is coach for 2024 give Hasler another year and have Ryles be assistant for that 1 year to take over in 2025. At least we will get a better understanding of who is good enough to retain for 2024. One thing with Hasler is he does seem to get the best out of his players. Under Hook he won't get that as they will still have to play under is predictable, boring style of play where the players are clearly struggling with as other teams know what to expect. It's like they have the shackles on and have to be boring and play within this terrible system or else they get dropped unless you are a favourite of Hooks.

Dragon David

First Grade

denis preston

First Grade
win do not give a fk about the dragons. they just see us as another asset in their business. they aren't passionate about the team whatsoever.
WIN didn’t get to where they are by letting their assets shrink. Having Lancaster chair the show and be given suitable time to implement changes seems logical to me. For WIN to pour further investment into the club they would want their star Lancaster to overseer it. Would you rather the St George Nikinpoops like Young , Johnston, Doust, Piggott & the like in control ?

The Word

Juniors
WIN didn’t get to where they are by letting their assets shrink. Having Lancaster chair the show and be given suitable time to implement changes seems logical to me. For WIN to pour further investment into the club they would want their star Lancaster to overseer it. Would you rather the St George Nikinpoops like Young , Johnston, Doust, Piggott & the like in control ?
Agree Denis, this allows Lancaster to stay as Chairman for 3 years, although no changes to Webb as CEO. Assuming WIN do want to invest in the club this could be an important move. I'm still skeptical they will invest significantly as long as they are 50% shareholders, however I hope I'm wrong.

Wolfgang90

Juniors

Investment of the club starts when they bought a stake into it. Under Doust we were at least competitive, under WIN we have had continuous culture failings at all levels & mediocrity has become the norm. WIN looks out for WIN & no one else.

Yet to see any difference since WIN took over Steelers share

Zero increase in management acumen

Less than zero interest in on field results

denis preston

First Grade
WIN have had seats at the table for a number of years….. where is ther any suggestion they are going to pour more investment into the club just because Lancaster is chair….. done very little to date
Centre of excellence for one. Other financial help I wouldn’t know but Webby mentioned it at the forum. How you would know what they have done or not is debatable.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Centre of excellence for one. Other financial help I wouldn’t know but Webby mentioned it at the forum. How you would know what they have done or not is debatable.
I look at our on field results, our off field dramas, our facilities, the management of the club as a whole, our incompetent recruitment...do I need to go on !! So you think that looks like success do you Denis...is that what WIN have contributed. Its the likes of you that always want to find excuses and its the reason the club is a total, disgraceful basket case...

Old Timer

Coach
I look at our on field results, our off field dramas, our facilities, the management of the club as a whole, our incompetent recruitment...do I need to go on !! So you think that looks like success do you Denis...is that what WIN have contributed. Its the likes of you that always want to find excuses and its the reason the club is a total, disgraceful basket case...
Hey Dennis Preston

If it's not Hooks fault then it must be our fault.

Despite the fact that any number of clubs that have been successful including winning comps in recent years have had numerous on and off field incidents and that the code itself is riddled with liars, cheats, criminals let alone the behaviour of commentators and and ex players somehow our club is the worst of the worst and we are making excuses for the simple realisation that the entire code is f**ked and our club is just a part of it.

For some it is easy for them to misconstrue that our realisation of what is happening is somehow support of it.

So FFS stop telling people the facts and tell them what they want to hear and that it's all our clubs fault.

The Word

Juniors
Hey Dennis Preston

If it's not Hooks fault then it must be our fault.

Despite the fact that any number of clubs that have been successful including winning comps in recent years have had numerous on and off field incidents and that the code itself is riddled with liars, cheats, criminals let alone the behaviour of commentators and and ex players somehow our club is the worst of the worst and we are making excuses for the simple realisation that the entire code is f**ked and our club is just a part of it.

For some it is easy for them to misconstrue that our realisation of what is happening is somehow support of it.

So FFS stop telling people the facts and tell them what they want to hear and that it's all our clubs fault.
So true Old Timer. Always amusing to watch posters completely misconstrue what someone says and start queueing up to lay the boot in. If you don't criticize every single decision ever made by the club you might as well be lined up against the wall and shot with the rest of them lol.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Funny how media pick on rugby league players having a nightout and its bad but when Dwight Yorke played for Sydney FC he had the nickname all night Dwight and the Telecrap made him out to be a hero.

Night out? They were smashed after being smashed on the field. It's not the first time the club has been done for bad behaviour after a charity shield game. You want to blindly defend nrl players which is dumb. Don't compare this with soccer that's stupid.

denis preston

First Grade
Mate , just have a look at my post history , I’m far from an apologist for the club BUT I do see here some hope that finally WIN are ready to get their hands dirty and have some hunger to improve things , something that the St George side of the board seem incapable of. I’d rather be a poster that calls out the negative issues sure but also acknowledge when the club does positive things. We won’t know until the dust settles on this mooted change what the outcome will be but its at least its a change and haven’t we all be calling out for that at board level ?

twinkletoes

Juniors
Mate , just have a look at my post history , I’m far from an apologist for the club BUT I do see here some hope that finally WIN are ready to get their hands dirty and have some hunger to improve things , something that the St George side of the board seem incapable of. I’d rather be a poster that calls out the negative issues sure but also acknowledge when the club does positive things. We won’t know until the dust settles on this mooted change what the outcome will be but its at least its a change and haven’t we all be calling out for that at board level ?
We’re all passionate supporters who only want to see our club give itself the best chance o f being successful again.. take care

Latest posts