What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Really ? I’d support Lancaster in a heartbeat in the face of historical inaction from the St George board.
DP, Lancaster is a marketing man
I think we have all had our fill of Club spin, whether it has come from Doust/Young/Mary etc

The club desperately needs a plan to take the club forward and make it a professional outfit.

To date Mr Lancaster’s only claim to fame at STGI was to mastermind a BS survey that infuriated supporters.

If his finger was on the club supporters pulse, no such survey was required.

My take on this is that Lancaster is another corporate suit lacking substance. He has had plenty of time on the board to make an impact.

Blaming the STG side won’t change the real flaw in the structure of the JV.

Reality is one party must hold a controlling interest to avoid the constant deadlock.

Since both sides of admin are clearly incompetent, the parties should sell the licence to a party with:

1. Adequate human & financial resources
2. A passion for the game
3. Drive for premiership success
4. Expertise in managing professional sports club

SaintPauli

Juniors
You have to spend close to 95% of salary cap or you get "fined", clubs will make sure they spend it all by front/back loading contracts

You have to spend close to 95% of salary cap or you get "fined", clubs will make sure they spend it all by front/back loading contracts

SaintPauli

Juniors
So e.g. if we currently have say 1.5 million in the cap and we do not buy Anyone or 2 players on the market for close to that value, we then pay our current "non performing team" more share of that money? LOL

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
So e.g. if we currently have say 1.5 million in the cap and we do not buy Anyone or 2 players on the market for close to that value, we then pay our current "non performing team" more share of that money? LOL
In a sense, yes. Clubs usually prepay players part of next year's payment, sometimes called front loading the contract, to allow the money to be available to buy a good player the following year.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Guys it’s OK, we’ve signed a guy called Paul Turner to play 5/8.
Phew, I was getting worried there for a moment.
Now, off to google to find out who Paul Turner is then shortly after off to YouTube to see if he has a highlights package with some gangster rap soundtrack.
I think he is the son of "Bootstraps Bill Turner" from Pirates of the Caribbean? (Or maybe he is someone else.)

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
DP, Lancaster is a marketing man
I think we have all had our fill of Club spin, whether it has come from Doust/Young/Mary etc

The club desperately needs a plan to take the club forward and make it a professional outfit.

To date Mr Lancaster’s only claim to fame at STGI was to mastermind a BS survey that infuriated supporters.

If his finger was on the club supporters pulse, no such survey was required.

My take on this is that Lancaster is another corporate suit lacking substance. He has had plenty of time on the board to make an impact.

Blaming the STG side won’t change the real flaw in the structure of the JV.

Reality is one party must hold a controlling interest to avoid the constant deadlock.

Since both sides of admin are clearly incompetent, the parties should sell the licence to a party with:

1. Adequate human & financial resources
2. A passion for the game
3. Drive for premiership success
4. Expertise in managing professional sports club
Agree- the marriage is doomed- time for a passionate suiter (The Kings Smith or someone like him) to buy the licence.

qld redvee

Juniors
Now, off to google to find out who Paul Turner is then shortly after off to YouTube to see if he has a highlights package with some gangster rap soundtrack.
crush
and just when all us silly fans thought we needed a hard forward !!!!!!!! arent we dumb..
no lets get a 5/8 to play where exactly .. does he become super sub at Mbyes expense or something much more sinister with mbye - hook certainly does love him. just another typical signing that will hinder and block another promising youngster ...

BLM01

First Grade
Ill help you out. Watch the recent All Stars game. He played No 7. No music there

Latest posts