What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Budpower

Juniors
Ive seen just one half of young Turner in All Stars game, im excited...Reminds me of an exact Maori replica of Bud! Two very very good young halves with endless celing and potential, Welcome to the greatest league team of all history Paul! Play well son maybe when Hunt retires we will have a young gun halves combo of Bud/Turner!

Gardenia

Bench
WIN got a huge break when given that shonky share deal. Instead of possibly losing 6m (Illawarra debt to them), WIN secured an approximate purchase price. 4m under the market price; potentially a 10m dollar favorable situation for WIN.

Since that time, WIN has done very little to advance the cause of the Club and for most fans, it seemed that nothing much changed except for the continuation of in-fighting at the board level and the inaction when it comes to sound recruitment of players and staff.

So, in my opinion, WIN owes the club an awful lot and for me, it is hard to justify the reasoning for past decisions. I still hold the view that the Dragons would have been much better off selling to the highest bidder.
I strongly hold this view - the highest bidder being the Kings owner who is a die hard dragons fan

Gardenia

Bench
I disagree, what about the season? Yes the season looks like it could be bleak, but you can't just give up. That's just a losers mentality on show if they've seriously lost all hope. Why is Hook still there if you pretty much know he's gone? Just get an interim in if that's the case.

The real issue at this club is at the board level, and one or a few of them continue to leak to the media. Whoever it is can piss off as far as I'm concerned. Leaks prove there is a divide and their reasons for leaking are almost always selfish. Until the Gordon's sell and the Illawarra/St George debate ends there won't be much movement in the club. We may even play finals on the odd occasion, but we'll win nothing. Unite the board, unite the club. It really isn't hard to see where the main issues lie. Hook, good coach or not, is not the issue with the club itself.
The win side needs to sell

Gardenia

Bench
He's worth about 3 hit ups and concedes as many penalties per game.

Great example of a player playing for himself and not the team. That's quite a list by the way.

Its clear why he was on the outer at Cowboys now.

Should have already packed his bags by now but this club will probably just take the hit for him.

I'm following the AFL this year.
Im thinking the Werrington wolves look good

Gardenia

Bench
crush
and just when all us silly fans thought we needed a hard forward !!!!!!!! arent we dumb..
no lets get a 5/8 to play where exactly .. does he become super sub at Mbyes expense or something much more sinister with mbye - hook certainly does love him. just another typical signing that will hinder and block another promising youngster ...
Yes I thought this also re the youngsters

lombard

Juniors
can you explain front/back loading contracts please
An example of front loading because you have unspent $ would be this -

Blake Lawrie is on say $500k a year for 23 and 24. Instead of paying him $500k in 23 you pay him $700k in 23 and then the $300k balance in 24. That way you spend $200k more in 23 than first planned and you then get that back to spend in 24 than you first planned. Dolphins will do this in 23 so expect them to be aggressive in 24.
Our problems run deeper than salary cap. We haven’t got a “Why” would you come here so if any other club is in the race with similar $ we lose out as we are seen as a bottom club. Imagine when deciding having a dinner with Politis and Robinson vs our mob is Hook and Haran!

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
An example of front loading because you have unspent $ would be this -

Blake Lawrie is on say $500k a year for 23 and 24. Instead of paying him $500k in 23 you pay him $700k in 23 and then the $300k balance in 24. That way you spend $200k more in 23 than first planned and you then get that back to spend in 24 than you first planned. Dolphins will do this in 23 so expect them to be aggressive in 24.
Our problems run deeper than salary cap. We haven’t got a “Why” would you come here so if any other club is in the race with similar $ we lose out as we are seen as a bottom club. Imagine when deciding having a dinner with Politis and Robinson vs our mob is Hook and Haran!
I hope Lawrie is not on 500k he tries his guts out but not worth that.

BLM01

First Grade
Anyone know who this leaky player is? Was it guessed last year that it could be Kerr?
Yes my be but only a guess becuase he is a bit of a go to man apart from our skipper for interviews from the bigger media outlets. No substance or any other reason at all.
Whoever it is I hope they are paid well.

Latest posts