What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
I have read in several places that although the draft was knocked back by the courts, they were different times and if it is reintroduced it might actually get approved. Problem is, is the NRL admin willing to upset the big teams for the overall betterment of the comp?

Also don't compare EPL players willing to give up a million or 2 to play for a big club or coach when they are already on big dollars.

Also these post career opportunities that the Rooster's players keep talking about. Surely they should be scrutinised as it is skirting the salary cap by offering them opportunities that would not be available if that player was not associated with the Rooster's.
Roosters, Roosters, Roosters and poor old Chrichton, boo hoo hoo and having trouble with negotiations with Joseph Sua'ali'i boo hoo hoo. I've had enough of them. They always whinge until they get their way, well mostly anyway.

Good points you make Trifili13.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
I'm pissed about the whole thing where several clubs just get the better men while we continue to get reserve graders. Gould saying that the Bulldogs have plenty of money to spend big for 2024 and looking at signing a marquee player and the Roosters chasing the big ones as well, what chances do we as a down and out club have of getting someone worthwhile? It's all crap.

Midway through this year I have a feeling that I won't be following the game, that is how pissed off I am about everything Dragons at the moment.
Hey Dragon David hang in there. I don't know you from a bar of soap, but since I joined this forum I doubt you have posted something I disagree with. I'm pissed off at things RL, the ARL, judiciary, powerful clubs cherry picking the best players. Gould who has recruited well saying he has money for a marquee player. Decisions in favour of top clubs denied lower clubs etc. etc. Asa follower of Dragons since 1971 it is a disgrace the way the game has morphed into a stinking pile but once the season starts it's on again.

Dragon David

First Grade
Hey Dragon David hang in there. I don't know you from a bar of soap, but since I joined this forum I doubt you have posted something I disagree with. I'm pissed off at things RL, the ARL, judiciary, powerful clubs cherry picking the best players. Gould who has recruited well saying he has money for a marquee player. Decisions in favour of top clubs denied lower clubs etc. etc. Asa follower of Dragons since 1971 it is a disgrace the way the game has morphed into a stinking pile but once the season starts it's on again.
Hi Kolum

Thanks for your support. I'm hanging in there. It feels good to have a whinge and rant from time to time. It makes me feel better. I can't wait to see us go around again, win, lose or draw.

Our good times will return.

possm

Coach
I’d guess the draft could only be reintroduced with the agreement of the RLPA during future EB negotiations.

seeing how smoothly this lot of EB negotiations have gone…. You couldn’t call it a done deal even if one side or the other wanted it
Yes, and there is the rub. We need someone to champion the draft, the publication of the player salaries, the state of the cap at each club, and the value of 3rd party agreements.

Transparency will go a long way toward shining a light on corruption and cheating.

justadragon

Bench
I’d guess the draft could only be reintroduced with the agreement of the RLPA during future EB negotiations.

seeing how smoothly this lot of EB negotiations have gone…. You couldn’t call it a done deal even if one side or the other wanted it
If you are considering the future and longevity of the NRL you would have no choice but to implement it and enforce it. Who wants to see the same teams being in the 8 year after year and realistically having a winner from about 4 teams.

BLM01

First Grade
I cannot believe Hook was still persisting with Bird at 5/8, all I can say is thank god he injured himself and Sullivan came good. FFS Bird himself didn't want to play there, and nor should he.
Reading between the lines and what has been indicated to me Bird training there was insurance only because Bud himself continues (hopefully that slows down) to be plagued by injury
At least to me that is one smart move you would of needed to underatke in our preseason.

BLM01

First Grade
Very interesting conversation on NRL 360 with Braithwaite Anastasia saying that as an example of players going to clubs for less money that players willingly go to Roosters do e less because of the coach, the chance for success and most interestingly the chance to make connections with the likes of Mark Bouris, David Gyngell, Politis and other influential people who are on their board, which quite often lead to opportunities for making more money during and after their football careers.

we are sadly lacking in star talent on our board… enough said on why we will never compete in the modern game
Yes the latter proves how the Roosters do it. Promises / deals and even start up businesses outside of football and the big one... connection to the big end of town
It is quite apparent actually and not a real big secret
Oh Yes the Coach and other lucrative attractions in the Eastern Suburbs also help persuade a little and the odd game of sport for money

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm pissed about the whole thing where several clubs just get the better men while we continue to get reserve graders. Gould saying that the Bulldogs have plenty of money to spend big for 2024 and looking at signing a marquee player and the Roosters chasing the big ones as well, what chances do we as a down and out club have of getting someone worthwhile? It's all crap.

Midway through this year I have a feeling that I won't be following the game, that is how pissed off I am about everything Dragons at the moment.
The least we could expect is for our CEO to speak out now to the fans, acknowledge we are lagging in a bunch of departments, - mostly recruitment - and explain the 'plan'.

Instead we get silence with the occasional ambiguous comment.

It's one thing to be a piss poor run club but it's another to ignore it, ignore the fans and pretend all is rosy.

We are so used to anticipating something better is around the corner but before you know it another season has passed us by. It's happening again right now. Where are you Ryan Webb?

Club is dying.

Trifili13

Juniors
Yes the latter proves how the Roosters do it. Promises / deals and even start up businesses outside of football and the big one... connection to the big end of town
It is quite apparent actually and not a real big secret
Oh Yes the Coach and other lucrative attractions in the Eastern Suburbs also help persuade a little and the odd game of sport for money
And to think we have a golf course right next to the Taj and don't fully utilize it.

Latest posts