What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
I'm actually over all the petulance and hyped bullshit about some of these young guys.

They have far too much arrogance and have far too much to say.

FFS now we have Sullivan's sister allegedly saying stuff outside the locker room.

If Sullivan thinks he is untouchable and should get a saloon passage then he should f**k off right now.
Sullivan is proving to be injury prone and because of this, will find it difficult to maintain a spot in first-grade while ever Hunt is at 7. Amone seems to be the right fit at 6.

Mojo

Bench
I'm actually over all the petulance and hyped bullshit about some of these young guys.

FFS now we have Sullivan's sister allegedly saying stuff outside the locker room.

If Sullivan thinks he is untouchable and should get a saloon passage then he should f**k off right now.
I don't disagree. There is a level of unwarranted melodrama around Sullivan.
I just think we need to pick and stick - so they can either prove themselves or not. This on-again / off-again scenario is enough to confuse anyone. If Amone is 'removed' due to his extra-curricula antics, it may settle the dilemma once and for all - Sullivan 7, Hunt 6, Liddle 9 would work for me.

offiah

Juniors
I don’t think we’d need all the media attention moving Hunt to 6 would cause. Keep bud in the 6, and let him play first receiver at times and tell him to call it when something is on.

He is the one now that we need to see if he really has it or not. Amone may or may not be taking a fairly long holiday from the game soon enough.. lf Hook puts him in it’s for selfish reasons only.

possm

Coach
I don't disagree. There is a level of unwarranted melodrama around Sullivan.
I just think we need to pick and stick - so they can either prove themselves or not. This on-again / off-again scenario is enough to confuse anyone. If Amone is 'removed' due to his extra-curricula antics, it may settle the dilemma once and for all - Sullivan 7, Hunt 6, Liddle 9 would work for me.
We need to pick the best possible team available each game:

1. When Ramsey is fit to play, there will be a contest with Sloan for the fullback role.
6. Amone is our best five-eighth
7. Unless Giffin changes his tune or if we have a new coach, Hunt is our halfback.
9. It seems that Mbye and Liddle are in our hooker rotation

I'm not sure where Sullivan fits in when he is fit to play.

I would love to see Ravalawa selected on the bench as an edge forward.

It’s a response you would expect from a close relative

Yet again a young player hasn’t been given a continuous number of games in first grade to cement a spot in first grade.

Turning to Amone, who may not have an NRL contract by November 2023 is a typical short sighted knee jerk reaction to losing a couple of games.

Just as the suggestion that Amone has an elite passing game as suggested by another poster is an overreaction to beating an under strength Dolphins side.

The fact that Sullivan’s sister spilled the beans on social media, doesn’t mean Sullivan directed her to make the post.

Plenty of squad members I would punt before I got to Sullivan.

Old Timer

Coach
It’s a response you would expect from a close relative

Yet again a young player hasn’t been given a continuous number of games in first grade to cement a spot in first grade.

Turning to Amone, who may not have an NRL contract by November 2023 is a typical short sighted knee jerk reaction to losing a couple of games.

Just as the suggestion that Amone has an elite passing game as suggested by another poster is an overreaction to beating an under strength Dolphins side.

The fact that Sullivan’s sister spilled the beans on social media, doesn’t mean Sullivan directed her to make the post.

Plenty of squad members I would punt before I got to Sullivan.
1 There is no substantive evidence to counter the claim by coaching staff that Sullivan was injured at training. For sure Sullivan us injury prone.

2 People like you are willing to take the lack of evidence in point 1 to yet again condemn the coach

3 Amone us eligible for selection and should therefor be considered. If not for the NRL stand down he would have rightly commenced the season in the 6 jumper.

4 This place yet again is trumpeting the value of someone who is yet to prove himself and demanding that in that basis someone else should make way for him

Parko1310

Juniors
1 There is no substantive evidence to counter the claim by coaching staff that Sullivan was injured at training. For sure Sullivan us injury prone.

2 People like you are willing to take the lack of evidence in point 1 to yet again condemn the coach

3 Amone us eligible for selection and should therefor be considered. If not for the NRL stand down he would have rightly commenced the season in the 6 jumper.

4 This place yet again is trumpeting the value of someone who is yet to prove himself and demanding that in that basis someone else should make way for him
What was the social media post about? Can't seem to find it.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
This is what Michael Chammas in the Sydney Morning Herald wrote this morning:

While Amone was named on the bench at the start of the week, this column has been told that Anthony Griffin was going to start the Tongan international at five-eighth and planned to use Sullivan off the bench.

That would have forced Moses Mbye back to reserve grade. When Sullivan injured his shoulder at training on Wednesday, Mbye was training with the reserve grade players. As soon as Sullivan went down, a message was sent out for Mbye to rejoin the team.

For Mbye haters on the Forum, of which there is no shortage, this should be good news and a plus for Griffin. In relation to Sullivan, I do not see him being put on the bench, as long as it's not for most of the game, as being dropped. According to the above, he was to remain very a part of the team. After copping a couple of fines the previous week, it may have been a move to refocus on his role in the team which of course is to contribute to its success from whatever position he's chosen in. And the coach, with his future so obviously on the line, has every right to pick the team he thinks is the best to pick up the 2 points. For whatever reason, I do think the selections this year and the bench management have been much better than last season.

Didn’t trumpet Sullivan’s ability.

Merely stating the obvious.

The club will never know what it has until the coach gives the younger players continuous game time.

Old Timer

Coach
Didn’t trumpet Sullivan’s ability.

Merely stating the obvious.

The club will never know what it has until the coach gives the younger players continuous game time.
I didn't say you did but there are plenty that do.

Stating the obvious well what is it other than Mybe shouldn't be playing?

Is Amone not a young player that we heavily invested in 2022 and was growing into his role as a 1st grade player and how is your and others desire for Sullivan to out him any different to that what you are accuse Hook of namely not giving young players a go?

Amone is a 6 and Sullivan is a 7 as is Hunt so why FFS do people keep pushing that Amone should make way for Sullivan?

Now we have theories running around that Hunt is ignoring Sullivan on purpose as Hunt wants all the daily M points for himself.

What happens if Hunt goes down who plays in what jumpers then?

Is the conversation "hey junior we dropped you for Sullivan because we rate him higher than you even though he is a 7 not a 6 but now that Hunt is out you can have your old job back because we will give the 7 to Sullivan because that's his actual position".

According to the official NRL.com website, the Dragons have 28 contracted players.
So if the report from Dragonslayer about Fui's injury ends up in Fui not being able to play again you would think he will fall into the retired player category leaving us with 3 spots to fill.
Makes me think we would be looking for at least another 2 forwards in the coming weeks/months.

Latest posts