What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

mattchuot

Juniors
A question for those who follow the lower grades, who do we have coming through in the halves? With Amone’s future uncertain and chat about Bud getting injured again at training, I am curious who would be next in line if those two are unavailable. We saw glimpses of Zach Herring during the trials but is there anyone else looking promising?

From the limited vision I have seen of Zac Herring, he looks like a player with plenty of talent.
I remember an article in the Telegraph in the off season saying the Dragons had signed the best up and coming number 7, but because it was behind a pay wall, never found out his name.
Possibly someone else here knows who that player is??

Reactions: jak

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Zac Herring is a super player. Very versatile. Last week when Paul turner went off he switch from 5/8 to fullback and didnt miss a beat. Has also played hooker at stages. He should be our next no 14 putting pressure on the spine. Plays a real tough style of play for a half. Massive fan!

Sounds like we are well covered for utility style players in Herring and Turner.
Hopefully with a new coach coming in the near future, it will be time to say goodbye to Mybe.
Better still the extra money in our cap with anywhere between $750k and $900k to spend elsewhere.

Murfy

Juniors
From the limited vision I have seen of Zac Herring, he looks like a player with plenty of talent.
I remember an article in the Telegraph in the off season saying the Dragons had signed the best up and coming number 7, but because it was behind a pay wall, never found out his name.
Possibly someone else here knows who that player is??
The player they were referring to was Lykhan King-Togia. Hes playing 6 for the Steelers SG ball at the moment. He’s a QLD boy and was previously with the Broncos. Think he is more of a 6/13 than a 7 though

blacksafake

First Grade
Zac Herring is a super player. Very versatile. Last week when Paul turner went off he switch from 5/8 to fullback and didnt miss a beat. Has also played hooker at stages. He should be our next no 14 putting pressure on the spine. Plays a real tough style of play for a half. Massive fan!
Sounds very promising

Gippsy

Bench
I've see Ward from Illawarra play live and he is pretty impressive. Pretty quick and seems a smart player, but will need to fill out a fair bit, at the moment he's jockey size.

blacksafake

First Grade
Yeh I have a suspicion he is being rested
Similar to Sam Walker at Roosters in his first year
He looked a bit fried last week
Let’s hope so & not dropped.
Will be interesting to see the team next week especially if we win & Amone goes ok.

RV2010

Juniors
Rested…really. Missed some pre-season due to hamstring issues and we have played 3 games. I reckon Griffin realises he needs Amone to try and help him save his own ass. Sullivan needs time, and Griffin doesn’t have that luxury. Sullivan’s sister is on another forum expressing her, and the families disappointment about how this has played out. She said he was dropped before the injury. Who knows where the truth lies!

BLM01

First Grade
Rested…really. Missed some pre-season due to hamstring issues and we have played 3 games. I reckon Griffin realises he needs Amone to try and help him save his own ass. Sullivan needs time, and Griffin doesn’t have that luxury. Sullivan’s sister is on another forum expressing her, and the families disappointment about how this has played out. She said he was dropped before the injury. Who knows where the truth lies!
The truth lies with his sister. When i said he is fried I dont believe physical more mental.
His decision making the last 2 weeks V the Titans game is not at its best and noticeable. As a 6 he is one of our leaders although still learning.
No biggie just a bit of 1st grade reset. he will be back maybe next week or in 2.
It has happened to many other young halves or players in recent times across the NRL
Lets not get too alarmed
BTW he is not al;one, Musgrove got dropped too, we have to shake up and try something
I donr believe it is Amone has put pressure and killed it in reggies cause he has not.

Crush

Coach
Yeh I have a suspicion he is being rested
Similar to Sam Walker at Roosters in his first year
He looked a bit fried last week
Can you share which forum?

RV2010

Juniors
The truth lies with his sister. When i said he is fried I dont believe physical more mental.
His decision making the last 2 weeks V the Titans game is not at its best and noticeable. As a 6 he is one of our leaders although still learning.
No biggie just a bit of 1st grade reset. he will be back maybe next week or in 2.
It has happened to many other young halves or players in recent times across the NRL
Lets not get too alarmed
BTW he is not al;one, Musgrove got dropped too, we have to shake up and try something
I donr believe it is Amone has put pressure and killed it in reggies cause he has not.
Thanks for the response @BLM01 and yes something definitely has to change. Hopefully Sullivan comes back refreshed and right to go.