What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I see Mary's name was mentioned in the list of possible candidates to replace Brad Fittler as NSW coach! Just say NO!
The Blues certainly need a real coach as Fittler is damn useless . Throw in a few big hard nosed forwards and hopefully Latrell Mitchell and Cleary will be back to steer the team around the park .

What Queensland has over our boys is that close bond their players form , that “ we are playing for the pride of the state “ attitude that to me at least is missing with our lads .

We need to have a coach that can in-still just that in his charges .

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The Blues certainly need a real coach as Fittler is damn useless . Throw in a few big hard nosed forwards and hopefully Latrell Mitchell and Cleary will be back to steer the team around the park .

What Queensland has over our boys is that close bond their players form , that “ we are playing for the pride of the state “ attitude that to me at least is missing with our lads .

We need to have a coach that can in-still just that in his charges .
I think Queensland through good luck or good management or both have happened across an exceptional coach in Billy. Growing up in the Melbourne system where attention to detail is the norm in their coaching practices, he had a head start but I'm hearing that his attention to detail is phenomenal. Huge amounts of written material devoted to NSW and their attacking and defensive formations. He's jokey, self-deprecating and humble-all the qualities we like in our heroes- so it's not something that's immediately obvious and you can't help liking the guy but he is deceptively bright.

Freddy on the other hand has never impressed me as being all that bright or having that sort of work ethic. I would much rather that his chief advisor, Greg Alexander, had been the coach.

The closest untried coach to Billy at NSW would be Mick Ennis. He is intense, has a good analytical mind and with a Greg Alexander and/or a Danny Buderus guiding him could be worth a shot in the future.

possm

Coach
We have lost the 2023 SOO series no matter what happens in game 3 so, I'm more focused on what is happening at the Dragons.

Sloan
To me, Sloan needs to go to fullback graduate school and learn to take the high ball without fear. He also needs to learn how to organize is backline in defense and how to effectively tackle one on one. Hell, maybe Sloan is not fullback material.

Sullivan
Sullivan seemed out of his depth las night. I now many on here have been pushing for him to be our 7, and I have been one of them. However, he is clearly not up to first-grade quality right now.

Armone
With legal problems to face Amone is understandably distracted and so, not at first-grade level. I'd rather see Sloan move to 6 and concentrate on his defense in the halves.

dannyt

Coach
We have lost the 2023 SOO series no matter what happens in game 3 so, I'm more focused on what is happening at the Dragons.

Sloan
To me, Sloan needs to go to fullback graduate school and learn to take the high ball without fear. He also needs to learn how to organize is backline in defense and how to effectively tackle one on one. Hell, maybe Sloan is not fullback material.

Sullivan
Sullivan seemed out of his depth las night. I now many on here have been pushing for him to be our 7, and I have been one of them. However, he is clearly not up to first-grade quality right now.

Armone
With legal problems to face Amone is understandably distracted and so, not at first-grade level. I'd rather see Sloan move to 6 and concentrate on his defense in the halves.
Sullivan needs to be given the reins. Hunt constantly over rules him. Hell, JDB over ruled him last night in the first half.

I'm not wrapped in the idea of recruiting Townsend.
No im not happy to see that little sniveling ex Cronulla wanker in a Dragons jersey either. Surely we can use the time left this year to start trying some juniors. Weve got a massive junior base yet we keep looking elsewhere. I thought we could lift off tge bottom of the table and do something this year but after last night!! We should start using juniors and see how we go. Cant get any worse than last so what have we got to lose. Leave Sullivan as half, keep Amone as 5/8 and Sloan at FB. Try a new winger and some forwards. Then in about 4 weeks you’ll know what needs fixing. Weve got juniors- lets use them for once

dungay dragon

Juniors
Towshend is NOT who we need. Clearly on the decline.
A lot of alleged player movement at present
surely we arent considering Townsend
had two crap years at cowboys and is on the nose
would rather have Clune back at half the rate , and killing it NSW Cup for the knights , but surely we have juniors coming through worthy of a try
If the homesick one is leaving , time for Sullivan to step up, and live up the huge wraps many on here have put on him
What about young Cogger from the Panthers ?
Penrith cant keep them all
Townsend ..big NO

Last edited:

Gardenia

Bench
Definitely, but if Hunt goes, I really want that prick to suffer an almighty calamity of 2015 proportions. Call me petty
Cooper Cronk nailed it tonite . He said how does it make sense - the team at the bottom helping out the team at the top. Talk about being kicked when you are down. Can he not do just near 2 months would that really hurt him too much.

Imagine if DCE said from origin to Manly I want an immediate release and then everyone is chasing him. There would be an uproar. Why is it ok to do that to us.

Latest posts