What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
It’s interesting when we start to speculate on who to actually bring in married with availability.
Peachey could be a reasonable option at 13 or could Amone play this role.
Tieg Wilton perhaps into back row. Both not too expensive.
Definitely need a 6 to partner Sullivan into the future. Not sure you could get a Deardon.. but a marquee $$ signing in the halves would be ideal.
Thinking Taniela Paseka into front row perhaps with Mo Fotuaiki in addition even a punt on werimu greig to support Lawrie. We really need some size up front.
Bradman best into centres if Lomax wants to leave.
is it worth throwing over $1M at Dylan Edwards… not sure you could get him though.

saintmar

Juniors
I think Townsend would be a steady influence on sullivan. He is a organising half back so it may give Sullivan insight in how to run a team around the paddock.
Remember when Bennett starts up at a club he always brings in steady and experience heads to help the yoonger players learn their trade
Firstly you are assuming Sullivan can not organise the side now. I think he can now and keep improving if he was given consistent games in that position.
Secondly that's the job of the coach to teach the kid, like a swimming coach who progresses a kid in his career.
We don't throw someone else in the pool with him.
Any way lets see how things pan out.
Unfortunately I am concerned the NRL will step in and not allow this request to leave happen.
In my opinion there may be people with other agendas regarding players, who may put pressure on the NRL to stop this request to leave from happening, for their own potential gains.
That would be a disaster for us.
We need to get rid of Hunt now.
If we can get something in return great,if not just move on.

Flanagan has already said he has commenced recruitment discussions with players for next season.
The way the Nrl works it will not take long before the rumours about new signings hit the media outlets.
I also like his comment that included the word "poaching" of players also for 2024.
Indicates to me that we will finally catch up to many of the other clubs who do not worry about the so called anti tampering rule around not approaching players formally until after 1 November of the year prior to their contract ending.
The Ben Hunt saga shows how loosely this rule is followed throughout the game.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
If Hunt goes why the f**k do people want a half back replacement?

Get a good steady 5/8 and just move Bud to 7.

Then get a proper ball playing sharp 13 to give Bud a useful option as he takes control of the team.

All this talk of Townsend, Clune etc is just rubbish
I'd be happy to see Sullivan get a crack at 7 for the remainder of this season and next season too, but it he fails to impress there should be no excuses made from anyone and we should go straight to market for another halfback and move him on.

The three major concerns I have about him so far are his ability to organise the attack, the fact he gets catch and pass happy without taking the ball to the line consistently and his general kicking seems to be hit and miss.

I hope he lives up to the hype so many have on him but these are a few things I've observed on him in first grade so far.

Old Timer

Coach
Moylan is terrible. Dearden is also still a developing half
Both still far better than the likes of Townsend and Clune.

The notion of having a 7 come in to skill set Bud while he plays 6 is just ridiculous.
I'd be happy to see Sullivan get a crack at 7 for the remainder of this season and next season too, but it he fails to impress there should be no excuses made from anyone and we should go straight to market for another halfback and move him on.

The three major concerns I have about him so far are his ability to organise the attack, the fact he gets catch and pass happy without taking the ball to the line consistently and his general kicking seems to be hit and miss.

I hope he lives up to the hype so many have on him but these are a few things I've observed on him in first grade so far.
I agree
Let him have a shot and if he doesn’t aim up then we must move him on

TruSaint

Referee

Think that's a fair assessment, but i would note that in terms organising / taking the line on, he has always played second fiddle to Hunt. He seems somewhat restricted.

I think given the reigns at half for a decent period, may show us a very decent playmaker.

dungay dragon

Juniors
If we remember the Warriors let Walsh go But on the stip it wasnt to the Dolphins
If we decide to let little benny go , its put in place it cant be the Broncos , Chooks , Dogs ( hey phil) Sharks Panthers Storm Eels or Bunnies.
Try and win that Title with one of the battling Clubs
Welcome esp to Titans for a player / player trade swap and or transfer fee
If he declines the offer and decides to stay , appoint him skipper and stick him in NSW Cup
That will set the standard to others at the Club , that the Dragons wont be held to ransom by any player

shazam

Juniors
T
If we remember the Warriors let Walsh go But on the stip it wasnt to the Dolphins
If we decide to let little benny go , its put in place it cant be the Broncos , Chooks , Dogs ( hey phil) Sharks Panthers Storm Eels or Bunnies.
Try and win that Title with one of the battling Clubs
Welcome esp to Titans for a player / player trade swap and or transfer fee
If he declines the offer and decides to stay , appoint him skipper and stick him in NSW Cup
That will set the standard to others at the Club , that the Dragons wont be held to ransom by any player
Totally agree

possm

Coach
Almost any 6 or 13 would be a far better option than Townsend or Clune

Without looking too far the following would all provide better upside for a young half

Moylan, Dearden
Radley, Brown
There are rumors that the Titans will offer up their reserve grad halfback for Hunt. Give us Fifita for Hunt and let the Dragons worry about the rest.

We have some excellent young halves at our disposal.