What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mojo

Bench
Thats how business should be done behind closed doors instead of being played out in the medai like our clowns did....
Yes, but I'd be willing to bet that it was the consideration of Ben's devotion to Hook that led to Hook being given the 'we're looking at alternative coaches' time frame - and all the BS that has resulted from it.

I've asked many times in the past wtf StGI has mortgaged its strategic and management planning on the basis of keeping Hunt happy. IMO this has been the primary cause of so many of our issues and it has to stop.

It's so intrinsically dysfunctional that Hunt ultimately comes back with 'this isn't working for me'. Totally predictable.

There's this principle I call 'parity of authority and responsibility'. You can't say that the board and management have to stay away from the footy department and, at the same time, have the players, or even worse, an individual player (and worse still, a player who colludes with the coach) dictating requirements to the board and management. Hunt's responsibility is as a player - full stop. The board and management have responsibility to make policy, strategic and management decisions and to implement them. If a player or a coach don't like the decisions - too fkn bad!

This is why StGI appear to be indecisive and weak. The management and the footy department need to really clarify their separate authorities and responsibilities - and rigorously apply them on a daily operational basis.

Phantom V

Juniors
Yes, but I'd be willing to bet that it was the consideration of Ben's devotion to Hook that led to Hook being given the 'we're looking at alternative coaches' time frame - and all the BS that has resulted from it.

I've asked many times in the past wtf StGI has mortgaged its strategic and management planning on the basis of keeping Hunt happy. IMO this has been the primary cause of so many of our issues and it has to stop.

It's so intrinsically dysfunctional that Hunt ultimately comes back with 'this isn't working for me'. Totally predictable.

There's this principle I call 'parity of authority and responsibility'. You can't say that the board and management have to stay away from the footy department and, at the same time, have the players, or even worse, an individual player (and worse still, a player who colludes with the coach) dictating requirements to the board and management. Hunt's responsibility is as a player - full stop. The board and management have responsibility to make policy, strategic and management decisions and to implement them. If a player or a coach don't like the decisions - too fkn bad!

This is why StGI appear to be indecisive and weak. The management and the footy department need to really clarify their separate authorities and responsibilities - and rigorously apply them on a daily operational basis.
Well said Mojo, couldn’t agree more. What an embarrassment, when the club captain no less, has been found to be in talks with other clubs and says he’s not happy and wants an immediate release.
If our BOD had clarification regarding roles and responsibilities within the club and the right people to implement them, we wouldn’t be dealing with this mess right now. You would never see the likes of Melbourne pandering to just one player like we have. Like I said previously, I’m wrapped that Flannigan has been appointed HC because ultimately he won’t be the type of coach to put up with Divas like Hunt.

TheRev

Coach
I suspect that all this time we were blaming Hook, it was probably more Hunt making the shit calls on selections, recruitment and tactics.. probably a good reason why he wants out, hard to face up to your failings.. especially now that there is a coach(es) who will take the team in a different direction.

Mojo

Bench
I suspect that all this time we were blaming Hook, it was probably more Hunt making the shit calls on selections, recruitment and tactics.. probably a good reason why he wants out, hard to face up to your failings.. especially now that there is a coach(es) who will take the team in a different direction.
100%. I reckon Hunt had a major hand in Hook's employment at StGI and he dominated the agenda ever since. I've sensed there's been a bunch of knob-ends (Hunt and his cronies) absolutely taking us for a ride for ages - just plain bludging off the club. The club finally sacking Hook was the last straw for Hunt, not because he's so devoted to Hook but because it left Hunt exposed as 'the emperor who has no clothes'.

Haran cops shit here. I wouldn't know the guy if I fell over him but I'd be willing to bet that the reported falling-out between Haran and Hunt would have been along the lines:

Hunt: You said if Hook went we'd be recruiting new talent.

Haran: Hook was you're fall guy, mate. We left it too late in getting rid of him. This shit all down to you!

getsmarty

Immortal
100%. I reckon Hunt had a major hand in Hook's employment at StGI and he dominated the agenda ever since. I've sensed there's been a bunch of knob-ends (Hunt and his cronies) absolutely taking us for a ride for ages - just plain bludging off the club. The club finally sacking Hook was the last straw for Hunt, not because he's so devoted to Hook but because it left Hunt exposed as 'the emperor who has no clothes'.

Haran cops shit here. I wouldn't know the guy if I fell over him but I'd be willing to bet that the reported falling-out between Haran and Hunt would have been along the lines:

Hunt: You said if Hook went we'd be recruiting new talent.

Haran: Hook was you're fall guy, mate. We left it too late in getting rid of him. This shit all down to you!

According to some, plenty of others not happy with Haran...

Dragon David

First Grade
Well I can now envisage the Queensland Clubs in the NRL - Cowboys, Broncos, Dolphins and Titans dominating the competition even from next year, just like Queensland will be dominating the SOO for years to come. The fans following these clubs should be feeling very happy with how they are trending and looking good for the future.

How the Titans have managed this change in the head coach so deviously without anybodies knowledge excepting those in the negotiations they should be congratulated. The Titans know that they have a lot of good players and juniors and they have been nearly a top team. They just needed a quality coach to put it all together and they will take any flack that will come their way to achieve a positive end result.

Latest posts