What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Well, I'd imagine the Titans would be in a bit of a salary cap pickle now after committing over $2m per year for 2 forwards. Take your pick!
Isn't Des going to the Titans and isn't he good at fixing the salary cap? Signing someone for 10 years shows that Tino wants to be loyal and true to the Titans and he would know that he has a job for the next 10 years with salary adjustments built into his contract so he can either play basic football because he is getting the money anyway or play with more determination week in and week out for the decade to show that he is worth every cent. Maybe there is a performance clause in his contract?

Fifita is a big edge forward who can do lots of damage but at many times he can go missing and looks mostly unfit. He tends to put his hands on his knees a lot after running with the ball and is slow to get back for more attack.

Both were never going to leave the Titans and the same goes for Haas staying at the Broncos. Why would Haas leave a club who will offer big money and has a team playing exciting footy and likely to win a couple of trophies? I envy the Broncos at the moment. They play the sort of footy that I like watching.

saintmar

Juniors
He is a gun Ezra

Younger footy and Brisbane league alluded to being a halfback also.

You are kidding are you not. Sure we are not attractive yet but not solely on Flanno.
Every club would of wanted a Tino or Fifita etc. Melb wanted Tino back Canberra laid out the red carpet for Fifita.
I am glad if anything the club they are at now playing their best they are loyal to and signed long term deals and no-on else snapped him up. I will say the same if Haas stays in Brisbane and not signs elsewhere.
Of course i would loved one of those players but we should of got them and held onto them when they are young. I take my hat of for being loyal but would of been peeved if they went to say a glamour club. Lets develop or find our own and do the same.
10 yr deal at 1 mill a year...big risk. Good on him. But what else has been thrown in?
Everyone knocks Hunt and lately deservedly so... but 10 yr deals.
DCE has not taken Manly to many Top 4 finishes and not so sure how to measure big JT's success at the Cowboys from a 10 year deal. JT seems to have been used incorrectly or he floats in and out.
Kept Hunt and let Sully go.
That says it all, about where we are heading.
He had his chance to really restructure the roster and totally screwed it.
Luckily for us he will attract hi son.

BLM01

First Grade
Isn't Des going to the Titans and isn't he good at fixing the salary cap? Signing someone for 10 years shows that Tino wants to be loyal and true to the Titans and he would know that he has a job for the next 10 years with salary adjustments built into his contract so he can either play basic football because he is getting the money anyway or play with more determination week in and week out for the decade to show that he is worth every cent. Maybe there is a performance clause in his contract?

Fifita is a big edge forward who can do lots of damage but at many times he can go missing and looks mostly unfit. He tends to put his hands on his knees a lot after running with the ball and is slow to get back for more attack.

Both were never going to leave the Titans and the same goes for Haas staying at the Broncos. Why would Haas leave a club who will offer big money and has a team playing exciting footy and likely to win a couple of trophies? I envy the Broncos at the moment. They play the sort of footy that I like watching.
And they were wooden spooners couple of years ago

RedVDave

First Grade
The board waited way to long to make a decision on a coach hence why our signings have been so limited imagine if they made a decision in March or April we would be in a much better position for next year, I also get a feeling the board is not 100% behind Flanno. I'm not as positive going into next year as others are but hey nothing ventured nothing gained.

St Tangles

Bench
GEE Pommy forward Luke Tompson will fit in well at the Dragons going onto todays effort against the Knights
An absolute turnstile in Defence .Knights have run thru him for both tries and his efforts were abysmal
Better look elsewhere Flanno.........................
Between both him and Kikau
The dogs getting pumped at least helps me feel better

BLM01

First Grade
GEE Pommy forward Luke Tompson will fit in well at the Dragons going onto todays effort against the Knights
An absolute turnstile in Defence .Knights have run thru him for both tries and his efforts were abysmal
Better look elsewhere Flanno.........................
It is his first game back this year. Would not judge his fitness levels onb that. Kikau is more of an issue.

saintmar

Juniors
You may be wrong about letting Sully go.
Sully had a contract for two years just like Hunt.
Flano refused to let the aging Hunt go but yet gave permission for Sully to test the market.
He could have said to Sully you have a contract and you are going nowhere just like he said to Hunt.
He made choice between the two and imo it will prove to be a big mistake.