What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
From what I have seen the last 2 weeks we may not need too mucj new blood only a handful of experienced hardmen to change the team attitude. Flanno is clearing out the dead wood. Flanno would also have had an eye on the 2 Manly guys they brought in and yet to play and they could end up guns in 2024.

With guys like Tino, Haas, Luia and Fafita going to market to demand more dollars, it may mean teams cull more players to fit them in and Saints can then pounce on these guys. If Manly lose there next 2 then they surely have no chance of finals. Hopefully Flanno can get an even earlier release.

justadragon

Bench
I think the ship has sailed on Hunt going, and moreso us getting anything for him in return. There would have been a lot more said from other clubs if they really wanted him. 34 years old, a better hooker than half, and cant close out a game, on a million bucks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah/nah

qld redvee

Juniors
I think the ship has sailed on Hunt going, and moreso us getting anything for him in return. There would have been a lot more said from other clubs if they really wanted him. 34 years old, a better hooker than half, and cant close out a game, on a million bucks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah/nah
Justa , the way that everything has gone quiet and supposedly kissed and made up seems to me that all hunt and his managers "plans" once exposed and scuttled, then titans realised a player swap or dollars as saints were back in box seat . also maybe the nrl stepped in and advised benny and manager that what they were attempting was a bit illegal and play out your contract . then the final nail Des more than likely said NO -- just my opinion

Dragon David

First Grade
Justa , the way that everything has gone quiet and supposedly kissed and made up seems to me that all hunt and his managers "plans" once exposed and scuttled, then titans realised a player swap or dollars as saints were back in box seat . also maybe the nrl stepped in and advised benny and manager that what they were attempting was a bit illegal and play out your contract . then the final nail Des more than likely said NO -- just my opinion
No damage done to Hunt himself by trying to play elsewhere as he will still be on contract on big money with us but he has damaged our chances of getting a few decent guys to give us more chance of winning games by making the club look like no hopers and therefore those better players will turn up their noses on us.

What Hunt should now do is change his tone and give the club good wraps and that the future is looking very bright for the club and he intends to see out his contract and put in to help the Dragons get success of which they deserve. Will he do it, I don't think so?!!

Mojo

Bench
Any actual rumors anyone ? I’ll take made up ones at present !
Flanno reveals a secret, legal wonder-drug able to raise the dead and restore youth; signs Johnny Raper, Reg Gasnier, Norm Provan, Billy Smith and Graeme Langlands, all aged in their early 20's, for all of eternity for zero dollars. Raper leads a team ceremony removing the 7 jersey and the 'C' from Hunt and hands the jersey to Smith and the 'C' to Changa.

Flanno says "We'll start with this lot and see how we go. If we need more talent I know where to get it". Haran announces his early voluntary retirement and gets a lift home from Doust.

jak

Bench
Flanno reveals a secret, legal wonder-drug able to raise the dead and restore youth; signs Johnny Raper, Reg Gasnier, Norm Provan, Billy Smith and Graeme Langlands, all aged in their early 20's, for all of eternity for zero dollars. Raper leads a team ceremony removing the 7 jersey and the 'C' from Hunt and hands the jersey to Smith and the 'C' to Changa.

Flanno says "We'll start with this lot and see how we go. If we need more talent I know where to get it". Haran announces his early voluntary retirement and gets a lift home from Doust.
can i have the name of the drug please

Illusion

Bench
I'm still hoping he goes at years end and they have something in place ......

denis preston

First Grade
I'm still hoping he goes at years end and they have something in place ......
That’s the problem for me. Best case scenario , Flanagan has everything under control and plenty of signings to be announced at end of season. Worst case is he has no real signings instead more moneyball , Hunt leaves due to another bullshit broken promise and with Bud already gone we get Flanagan junior as clubs premier No 7. BUT I will be patient, trust Flanno and await the resurgence of the club ( would Be good to see some of the incompetence sacked like Millard & Haran just to fastrack this resurgence)

Lethal25

Juniors
I'm not so sure.

You only have to look at what Parra did with Dylan Brown, signing him to very long term deal. Quality halves are not easy to get and reality is a few of the good ones are at the back end of their career. DCE, Reynolds, Johnson & Hunt

Absolutely a club would pay up for Hunt, he's not shown any signs of dropping off in performance and he's definitely better than most of the younger halves

blacksafake

First Grade
That’s the problem for me. Best case scenario , Flanagan has everything under control and plenty of signings to be announced at end of season. Worst case is he has no real signings instead more moneyball , Hunt leaves due to another bullshit broken promise and with Bud already gone we get Flanagan junior as clubs premier No 7. BUT I will be patient, trust Flanno and await the resurgence of the club ( would Be good to see some of the incompetence sacked like Millard & Haran just to fastrack this resurgence)
I’d probably think Townsend would be more likely to be in the 7 before junior.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The best for Amone is Bud Sullivan because they played all their juniors together but that is now gone. I was really looking forward to seeing this in the future and it was my only hope of Saints becoming a force tbh.

Townsend can kick field goals and close a game better than Hunt but his defence is not as good as Hunt. If Hunt leaves to go the the Titans, I would go Tannah Boyd or AJ Brimson in return to replace Hunt. AJ may be a bit of a stretch to get across but Hunt going there may limit their chance of playing halves if that is where they want to go so one of the 2 may be persuaded. I would even go Sam Walker at the Chooks if he is not wanted. He may be a good fit with Amone. Trindall at the Sharks is another who would do well and I would be pushing for in 2024.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I was really hoping the Hunt transition to Sullivan/Amone would be similar to Maloney to cleary/luai but clearly that hasn't been the case. Hunt is a brilliant player but I don't think he's that teacher/player that improves others like a Maloney. IF townsend is that latter piece then I wouldn't mind him coming to our side aslong as we keep bud/amone. Hunt has a max 2 seasons at this level in him imo. We really need to nail the transition to our next halves otherwise we'll be stuck at the bottom of the table for another few years.

I honestly believe Amone will be finished in the nrl, the accusations are pretty brutal. Sullivan injuries might be chronic, who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if the club has not told Flanno the full picture regarding Amone's court case, leading to a false confidence that he will be free to play next season.

We desperately need some halves as a fall back option to Hunt.

Latest posts