What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Sounds made up to me. Titans are extending/upgrading everyone especially forwards, seems extremely unlikely they'd have the cap space for Hunt. A swap with the Cowboys, while remote, is probably more believable but they'd also have to offload a forward to open that cap space for Hunt, and most of their forwards are signed until the end of 25.

Hunt is probably sticking around, for better or worse
It’s definitely for the worse.. 1 year slower than the current ineffective version

Dragon David

First Grade
No Manu either.

Manu coming to us was never going to happen. Flanagan has pipe dreams or maybe wet dreams is what I'm thinking. Saying somethings but actually doing and achieving them is totally different. I am of the belief that we as a club have not learned a single thing about hiring and firing and getting the best that you can effectively obtain to have the quality needed to become a juggernaut of a club.

I realise that the club and us fans are pinning our hopes on Flanno and his new fitness staff and so on and I know that Flanno is yet to officially take over. Yes, the club has told several players that they can look elsewhere and I expect more will be told, but please make sure that we get the players that we really need to bolster the side and not random rejects and castaways. This is the time to get it right and we cannot afford to be cellar dwellers and continue to be a bottom of the ladder club. We have to make sure that whatever we do and whomever we get will improve us 100% and not just take the mediocre train to nowhere.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
As the captain of the mighty Dragons I will never forgive him for the treatment he has dished out to this club, and the underhand tactics he used to manipulate a release. At virtually one of the lowest points in the Dragons history he decides its a good time to cut and run because he cant see himself winning a premiership with the Dragons. This from a Dragons captain no less, I dont care if he stays and how well he plays in my eyes he will never be forgiven for such a despicable act to a club paying him $1 mill a year. Lets hope the memory of how he treated this club haunts him forever when he retires.

leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

justadragon

Bench

Dragon David

First Grade
As most would have thought, Payne Haas has resigned with the Broncos. Like Tino and Fifita not leaving the Titans, Haas has remained loyal by sticking with the Broncos knowing that for quite a few years that club will win a premiership or two.

Just heard the Riddler, Danny guy on Nine afternoon news informing us viewers.

denis preston

First Grade
If the Buzz rumour is true how coincidental Hunt decides to commit as soon as Bud joins Tigers. Hunt must really dislike Bud or feel threatened somehow. Based on Hunt's recent performance, it does not appear he is looking to stay past this season. He looks like a passenger who will depart Kogarah at 10pm on the 2nd Sept straight after the last game. He will probably have his luggage in the car ready to go.

I hope Chad or Kyle are not in the halves but it may appear so. Saints should chase hard for Trindall at the Sharks. I think he has more promise than those 2. There has to be better halves in the Super League. I would even go Mitchell Pearce ahead of Chad and Kyle.

Looks like Flanno has big ideas trying to get guys like Haas and Manu. Both probably won't come but good to see he is shooting for the stars and not the other teams rejects which is what we are being used to.
I hope he isn’t Shooting for the stars and hitting the fence !

TheRev

First Grade
Gotta be in it though.. Manu might get an upgrade.. and he might take someones spot that we might want.. im a bit gutted cause id just love to come into this thread and get a refreshing splash all over the face cause we went and signed someone better than expected.

Tbf though, we cant even talk to guys like Manu till Nov 1, and thats for 2025.. were very unlikely to get any real surprise signings.. we kind of have to sneak around and pluck guys who are unlucky to miss out, but many of them may not know until Rd1 2024.. as they will be competing for spots over the offseason.

Dragon David

First Grade

TheRev

First Grade
Well the Bulldogs will be able to use the money that they will get by Tevita Pangai Jnr leaving mid contract at the end of this season to take up boxing full-time. No loss for the Bulldogs as he under achieved for them in my view.

f**king gould.. the way he gets guys to retire.. and probably gave him all manner of incentives to do it.. Pangai was a huge drain on their cap that they just removed.

Gardenia

Juniors
As the captain of the mighty Dragons I will never forgive him for the treatment he has dished out to this club, and the underhand tactics he used to manipulate a release. At virtually one of the lowest points in the Dragons history he decides its a good time to cut and run because he cant see himself winning a premiership with the Dragons. This from a Dragons captain no less, I dont care if he stays and how well he plays in my eyes he will never be forgiven for such a despicable act to a club paying him $1 mill a year. Lets hope the memory of how he treated this club haunts him forever when he retires.
Pointing Yes GIF by Maraboli Media

Gardenia

Juniors
Justa , the way that everything has gone quiet and supposedly kissed and made up seems to me that all hunt and his managers "plans" once exposed and scuttled, then titans realised a player swap or dollars as saints were back in box seat . also maybe the nrl stepped in and advised benny and manager that what they were attempting was a bit illegal and play out your contract . then the final nail Des more than likely said NO -- just my opinion
Yes, definitely the NRL stepped in. He and his manager have zipped it because they were told that it's illegal to talk to players that are contracted for next year. Good 7s are hard to find and crucial. Its why the dogs are poo even though they have so many stars they dont have a good 7 guiding them around the park. There would be interest in him.
I'll never forgive him for what he did to our reputation publicly agitating like this. It will make it so hard to recruit anyone of quality. He needs to retract what he has said or we need to find a good replacement and cut him loose.