What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

since77

Juniors
I agree.

For all the shit canning of Amone I have actually seen some positive improvement in him and firmly believe a good organising 7 will see Amone blossom.

People keep waxing lyrical about Sloan in attack and seem to be oblivious to some of the silky work Amone does without a proper 7 and behind an inferior pack.

Indeed his defence is poor but his body shape is much more adept to being more physical than Sloan's will ever be.
Look here at Mr. Morals. Apparently we can’t forgive Flanno but you’re loving the guy charged with attacking someone with a hammer….. That’s gold.
And besides that…… Amone is a dud.

Victoire

Juniors
Lol Amone improving? Dead set average player and he’s had 2 years of first grade now. We’ve gone from Soward to Widdop - both exceptional 5/8’s - to Norman to Amone. I honestly couldn’t tell you which of Norman or Amone was better. Actually I know. At least Norman could kick a field goal.
Absolutely. IF we do let Hunt go and sign Fogarty we'll need someone better than Amone alongside him to improve the team. There were reports Flanagan met with Ezra Mam's agent with a view to putting a big offer in when he's off contract. A Fogarty-Mam combo is much more pleasing to me

justadragon

Bench
Yeah, how dare these players * checks notes * ... seek the best possible money for their services in a career that is not only short but will likely destroy their bodies long term.
So you are saying what Hunt has done to the Dragons is fair play ? I have nothing against players getting paid for their true worth, but utilising lesser clubs to gouge your current one is disgusting on both accounts.

Victoire

Juniors
So you are saying what Hunt has done to the Dragons is fair play ? I have nothing against players getting paid for their true worth, but utilising lesser clubs to gouge your current one is disgusting on both accounts.
That's not the same as the Hunt situation, weird to bring that up. Players are entitled to whatever the market will pay. Simple solution for the lesser clubs is: stop being a lesser club.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well apparently one player the Dragons will not be signing is bulldog Luke Thompson . Seems that he is prepared to play for the Rorters for waaay less than the his present salary of $800,000 .

How do they do it , more so now when the chook’s cap is under pressure ? ? ? 🤔

Parko1310

Juniors
Well apparently one player the Dragons will not be signing is bulldog Luke Thompson . Seems that he is prepared to play for the Rorters for waaay less than the his present salary of $800,000 .

Business opportunities and connections after football. More money in the long-term

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Plus great coach and a chance of winning a GF. If Saints excel under Flanno and look like a title threat, it will be easier for the Saints to attract good players. Like they did with Bennett. Jeremy Smith, Costigan, Fien, etc. Or was that Browny who brought them in?

Como Connection

First Grade
I agree.

For all the shit canning of Amone I have actually seen some positive improvement in him and firmly believe a good organising 7 will see Amone blossom.

People keep waxing lyrical about Sloan in attack and seem to be oblivious to some of the silky work Amone does without a proper 7 and behind an inferior pack.

Indeed his defence is poor but his body shape is much more adept to being more physical than Sloan's will ever be.
Should be right side, Hunt has to move left.
CC

Old Timer

Coach
Look here at Mr. Morals. Apparently we can’t forgive Flanno but you’re loving the guy charged with attacking someone with a hammer….. That’s gold.
Amone has pleaded "not guilty" in a court of law so let's wait to see how that plays out and saying that he has improved is hardly loving him it is purely being objective.

He may well prove to be a dud but for people to say he has shown nothing in the way of improvement is not correct IMO and for sure Hunt has stifled every single partner he has had in his entire time at StGI.

Old Timer

Coach
Oh by the way I have never said what you should or shouldn't do nor who you should or shouldn't forgive that is entirely your prerogative.

If you think the following is acceptable both in respect of what happened and who owned up to what and who blatantly lied then good for you.

justadragon

Bench
That's not the same as the Hunt situation, weird to bring that up. Players are entitled to whatever the market will pay. Simple solution for the lesser clubs is: stop being a lesser club.
And how do you propose the Dragons stop being a lesser club ?

Draginzaaar

Bench

He's only saying he would go there for less. Doesn't mean it will happen.

justadragon

Bench

A good start Gareth is not to have Harran as the GM, or simply dont have him at all.

Rocket Rod

Juniors

Wow he’s on 800k
Definitely not worth it and I’m sure Gould has told him that. It’s just propaganda to make the gay rooters look like it’s the wannabe destination
Wankers

Mjab

Juniors
Lol Amone improving? Dead set average player and he’s had 2 years of first grade now. We’ve gone from Soward to Widdop - both exceptional 5/8’s - to Norman to Amone. I honestly couldn’t tell you which of Norman or Amone was better. Actually I know. At least Norman could kick a field goal.
agree
Corey was one of saints worst ever buys and he still has won more games for saints than Amones effort
Amone is a fail after 2 full seasons of FG
we need better

Latest posts