What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's one training a week, not all training. Trying to reduce the travel load on Sydney-based players, make moving to the Dragons more attractive in the process for those wanting to live in Sydney, and reconnect to Kogarah.
You're probably thinking of 2023. This latest announcement is for the 2024 season.

Edit:
And the reason why they did it in 2023 had less to do with travel and more to do with training at a home ground. I thought it was noticeable when the players started training again at Kogarah, particularly in the kicking game, seeing the dead ball line better and realising the slight camber of the pitch in those corners.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Then maybe he is just doing his best, looking at a better organisation in city where he isn't under so much scrutiny to win games on his back...
Fact is, they are looking at replacement centres & Lomax is their target.
Well you dont really know if that is true, it is rumour speculation and the fact that he is contract they cant target too hard.
Just incase I have asled a physio mate that has coffee with him most Friday mornings to belt the truth out of him to see if this story has feet or wings. Lets hope it is just rumour mongering.
I agree Melb is a better run organisation and why any player would be interested and want out of our poorly run club. But he is under not much scrutiny here not like Hunt and Melb wont pay him the same money.
I also understand why Hunt wanted out but why was everyone so upset. I love the Dragons but I would do the same to go to a better run organisation cause that all it is to most players.

BLM01

First Grade
It's one training a week, not all training. Trying to reduce the travel load on Sydney-based players, make moving to the Dragons more attractive in the process for those wanting to live in Sydney, and reconnect to Kogarah.
Are you sure its only once.?. I hope it is a 50/50 split max becuase travelling from Shellharbour (e.g. Lawrie and lomax) would be a nightmare to get to on time AM

BLM01

First Grade
Fair to say there will be a lot of movement soon, as various clubs seasons finish up
Jayden Hunt released early has landed a 2 year deal at Broncos
I thought I heard it was a state cup Brisbane based club becuase he comes from there.
Is it the actual Broncos Top 30? or reggies