What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

jak

Bench
let's just let flanno do his thing and see how it all works out, we can doomsday the crap out of it at a later date if it fails, I'm all for trying anything a little different at this point, what have we got to lose.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Curious how many days they actually train vs do video review vs gym work or physio.. most of that they need to be together... and then throw in the randomness of a 5 day versus a 10 day turnarounds between games.. playing on Thurs, Fri or the occasional public holiday Monday.. like they must have an admin sending every player a weekly schedule of where & when to be on each given day.
You are forgetting days off in long turnarounds, video review can be done from 2 locations with technology these days and you are 100% correct., their daily schedules, diets, injury rehab, media and exercises even are laid out for them
Then you have PM's that make life or financial decisions for them
But as stated before they are only in seperate groups for 1 day in a normal week Flanno handles Sydney and DY and Carr? handles Gong

Dragon David

First Grade
I think that he could be a replacement for Jordan Riki who is going to the Dolphins. He was born in Brisbane and played juniors up there so maybe more than happy to go back. Moved to Melbourne Storm for a bit and then to us. He is a tall guy at 6 ft 3 and weighing in over 110kg. Under Walters and being part of the Broncos system, he might just turn out better like some who have left us but certainly not all.

Him leaving now and I hope several others, who have been tapped to go, will be signed as soon as possible will give us more cash to get good replacements ready for the off season/pre season training under Flanagan.
Sorry guys. I was waiting for someone to pick me up on my post above. I got Riki and Farnworth mixed up. Riki is staying at the Broncos and Farnworth will be going to the Dolphins. I always get these two mixed up for some reason. Just goes to show that you guys don't read into my posts closely.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the subject.

Dragon David

First Grade
Im hearing you Parko but I agree with BLM01, lets not overthink it before we give it a try, I remember stories about a bus that used to take the guys to the gong, I remember Nightingale used to say they loved it because they could talk about many things, it didnt prove to become a clique. I'm all up to give something a go and see how it works out. Its not as if we are setting the world on fire doing what we are doing.
Exactly!

Victoire

Juniors
Sorry guys. I was waiting for someone to pick me up on my post above. I got Riki and Farnworth mixed up. Riki is staying at the Broncos and Farnworth will be going to the Dolphins. I always get these two mixed up for some reason. Just goes to show that you guys don't read into my posts closely.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the subject.
Haha I did see it and thought "did I miss something?" but couldn't be bothered checking

mattchuot

Juniors
SMH reporting that Flanagan Jr set to join us on a 2-year deal and Dan Russell to be retained. Ryan Webb on the Dragon’s Den podcast mentioned that Flanno was still deliberating over retaining Billy Burns and was undecided at time of recording. It may be a case of one or the other and all signs are pointing to Russell at the moment.

qld redvee

Juniors
SMH reporting that Flanagan Jr set to join us on a 2-year deal and Dan Russell to be retained. Ryan Webb on the Dragon’s Den podcast mentioned that Flanno was still deliberating over retaining Billy Burns and was undecided at time of recording. It may be a case of one or the other and all signs are pointing to Russell at the moment.
we cant afford to keep both of them we desperately need new cattle

Dragon David

First Grade
Haha I did see it and thought "did I miss something?" but couldn't be bothered checking
Well thanks Victoire for letting me know that you saw the post, hahaha. It is so easy to gloss over somethings. Goes to show that some bloopers get through the system when you don't have anyone doing your editing.

I just happened to hear something on the radio that Farnworth was going to the Dolphins then I realised that I made a boo boo.

Anyway it wasn't anything that was going to get much attention.

Think there is a little bit of friction between Val Holmes and Todd Payton. Maybe Flanno can pry him away with the lure of playing fullback but I doubt it eventuates to anything

Same articles about Flanagan Jr's signing also make mention of Flanagan Sr planning to look at Lomax as first grade fullback for next year. If that is accurate, it would impact on Holmes' coming to play fullback. Also, based on what I've seen of Holmes at fullback, the Dragons would be better off without him as its fullback as he's not that good playing that position.

Dragon David

First Grade

Victoire

Juniors
Same articles about Flanagan Jr's signing also make mention of Flanagan Sr planning to look at Lomax as first grade fullback for next year. If that is accurate, it would impact on Holmes' coming to play fullback. Also, based on what I've seen of Holmes at fullback, the Dragons would be better off without him as its fullback as he's not that good playing that position.
Moving Lomax to fullback does open up a centre position though...