What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
I don't get this. Flanno is after Brailey who is injury prone and gets rid of Sullivan because he thought he was too injury prone. Personally I would have both as they they would improve the spine if fully fit. And here I thought Kyle was more or less signed to play the No.14 role when he clearly was bought in as a 7. Poor Bud has been shafted by 2 coaches that want their favourites ahead of him in Ben Hunt and now Kyle Flanno both with less ability than Bud imo.

Geez I hope I am wrong and Kyle has a breakout season in 2024 at 7.

This could be the real reason sook wants a release, Flanno probably told him he will be at 6 next season to accommodate his son at 7 and we all know what happens when the sook does not get his way at St George? Anywhere else he is fine to play 9, 6, 14 etc but at Saints No.7 or else I want a release.
Sullivan had asked for a release more than once. He is injury-prone and not the option if Hunt is released. Flanno knows his son's strengths and weaknesses and will take him under his wing. Let's hope this works well for Flanno, Kyle and the Dragons.

jackmac

Juniors
Sullivan had asked for a release more than once. He is injury-prone and not the option if Hunt is released. Flanno knows his son's strengths and weaknesses and will take him under his wing. Let's hope this works well for Flanno, Kyle and the Dragons.
Hmmm lets see, strengths - Playing reserve grade for the Bulldogs .
Weaknesses - Not cutting it under Trent Robinson , Trent Barrett or Cameron Ciraldo .
I did try to google his highlights package but couldn't find anything ?
I am just having a giggle with you mate by the way and if KF turns out to be a star for us
i will shout you a mid strength beer of your choice !

saintmar

Juniors
How many times has Hunt asked for a release?
It's already obvious Flano made the wrong decision for the playing roster
We need to accept that as fact.

possm

Coach
Hmmm lets see, strengths - Playing reserve grade for the Bulldogs .
Weaknesses - Not cutting it under Trent Robinson , Trent Barrett or Cameron Ciraldo .
I did try to google his highlights package but couldn't find anything ?
I am just having a giggle with you mate by the way and if KF turns out to be a star for us
i will shout you a mid strength beer of your choice !
I get your point and admit that I am taking a very optimistic stance on this however, I have seen it at the NRL level (Cleary), and I have seen in other levels of the game, players improve and thrive under the coaching of their father. My own two sons were coached by myself and performed well, not because I was something special as a coach, but because I knew how to communicate effectively with them and was willing to put the required time into them; they trusted my advice and wanted to do well for themselves and for me. By the way, neither ever played NRL but they did play to their ability and above my expectations.

The Dragons do have a couple of very good halves coming through their pathways system, so no real big deal if Kyle does not live up to expectations. The main thing is that he is not on a million dollars and because of this the balance of the cap can be invested in the front row; a place we are sadly lacking.

possm

Coach
Wow Arncliffe Scots is huge news . They have always been a major sporting club in st george district. Good to see st george leagues is investing and also has announced a 60 million development plan starting in October.
Yes, it seems the new CEO is doing a good job, taking a leaf out of the Frank Faceer book, and not acting in self-interest but in the best interest of our club and the junior club in our district.

possm

Coach
How many times has Hunt asked for a release?
It's already obvious Flano made the wrong decision for the playing roster
We need to accept that as fact.
No, the Board made the wrong decision in extending Hunt even after he advocated strongly that the Club should keep Griffin. The Club made a conscious decision to keep Hunt and sack Griffin which was always going to leave a sour taste in Hunts' mouth.

This is the second time round for the Board in recent years. McInnes did the same when the Club asked Mary. Surely, the Board should have learnt a lesson from this.

Phantom V

Juniors

Parko1310

Juniors
Fotuaika has re-signed with the Gold Coast so that's one less prop available for 2025. I can't see any way Hunt can fit under their cap now either, so if he does leave in 2025 it'll be for the cowboys or dolphins. Surely the Titans will be hard-pressed to keep the likes of Khan-Pereira and Fermor now. Looking at the market for front rowers now, there really isn't much doing and unfortunately that's what we need most.

Latest posts