What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Not sure where you got that from. Edwards is originally from Dorrigo, Yeo from Dubbo, Martin from Temora, Fisher-Harris from New Zealand and Sorensen from Cronulla. The rest of them are all local or thereabouts.
Beat me to it Johnno, I saw a lot of St Mary's juniors mentioned and I thought, what a killer side St Mary's would have been a few years ago. Luia is Mt Druitt.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dogs won Jersey Flegg comp so Shane Millard must of done a pretty reasonable job at the Dogs for pathways. Also their NSW cup team was on fire until the last few rounds when Flanno was pushed up to FG. Tigers have blooded a few guns too so his track record is not too bad. He has some sort of form so it appears some due diligence may have been done.

If they snapped up Shane Millard earlier he may have convinced Averillo to join Saints. Handy player now at Dolphins.

denis preston

First Grade
Dogs won Jersey Flegg comp so Shane Millard must of done a pretty reasonable job at the Dogs for pathways. Also their NSW cup team was on fire until the last few rounds when Flanno was pushed up to FG. Tigers have blooded a few guns too so his track record is not too bad. He has some sort of form so it appears some due diligence may have been done.

If they snapped up Shane Millard earlier he may have convinced Averillo to join Saints. Handy player now at Dolphins.
Good points Slip.

TheRev

Coach
I'm excited about Millard too, just the reality that his recruitment while easier than flannos is still difficult right now.. and they are all inter-linked.. and this ties into the coaching of those junior sides.. hopefully Flanno can get them all running off the same playbook.

RedVee_8

Juniors
The infamous '63 GF. If the stories are to believed, Jack Gibson told his wests team, who were raging hot favourites, that they were no chance because "the fix was on". Gibson was an SP bookie who called many of Sydney's "shadey" characters friends. If you listen to Wests old boys, plenty of dubious calls, but we won our 8th in a row and the Gladiators were born. All we need to know
But The Wests guys don’t talk about winning the 1952? GF which has been spoken about with allegations of a fix.

Probably in both cases the best teams won fairly.

TheRev

Coach
I forgot he's actually off contract so either way he's no longer our problem, but I think he could definitely do a job for a super league team.. few big carries etc.. I dont think he would get a train&trial type deal in the NRL, could be wrong but I think there are younger bodies clubs want to invest in.

BLM01

First Grade
Lachie Lam coming back to Australia also apparently…
And Canberra are the interested club
But back onto the rumour re Connor Tracey
Now he is certainly not marquee as basically a fill in utility for the Sharks but deserves better than that
However relevant to our club If comes true he could be our best signing for value since Widdop way back then.. and of course Lachie Maranta :)
Seriously WOW.. that puts our recruitment over the past 10 years into a real perspective
Shake your head stuff

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I suggest that whichever journo wrote this byline should consult his/her dictionary and look up the meaning of "flyer". I can think of many adjectives to describe Moga's abilities- flyer would definitely not be one of them.

BLM01

First Grade
May not have been popular due to his lack of speed and the fact that he was playing on the wing, which wasn't his fault either. But he actually did an admirable job every time he filled in, scored at a 1:1 ratio for us in terms of tries to games, and was pretty safe. Wish him the best of luck
I agree wholeheartedly with this post but we have enough if those style of players suitable for Reggie’s
Time we got fed dinkum for 1st grade

Dragon David

First Grade

Just what we don’t need
...and what Sloan doesn't need. He needs a full pre-season of body building, endurance, strength and fitness and toughening up for next season.

justadragon

Bench

Just what we don’t need
It might be a godsend that way Lomax can have a full preseason at FB and get Sloan on the wing when he comes back, I think Sloan and Finau our best wingers and get Rav into the forwards.

Latest posts