What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redVinme

Bench
When was the last time the NRL has hit any club for a breach of the salary cap or dealing with a player still under contract for a couple of years with another club or whatever the breach could be?

I guess every club is now doing the right thing "in the eyes" of the NRL? Thy cannot "see" anything "crooked" going on because every club is doing the right thing. Yeah right hahaha!!
You just know the next time anyone does cop it it'll be us. For doing something unintentionally stupid.

TruSaint

Referee
When was the last time the NRL has hit any club for a breach of the salary cap or dealing with a player still under contract for a couple of years with another club or whatever the breach could be?

I guess every club is now doing the right thing "in the eyes" of the NRL? Thy cannot "see" anything "crooked" going on because every club is doing the right thing. Yeah right hahaha!!

C'mon David.

Why would the NRL concern itself with trivial matters like you mention.

FFS, we have a launch in Las Vegas coming up. Priorities my friend. ;)

TheRev

Coach
The Dogs/Tigers would easily throw 900k+ at Dearden.. he's not coming to the last club of choice without an extra 150-200k in his pocket.. and/or a long contract.

I just hope there is some shinanigans in the background with Young/Flanno/Dearden/Hunt.. Hunt might sweeten the deal in a trade of sorts...

Dragon David

First Grade
C'mon David.

Why would the NRL concern itself with trivial matters like you mention.

FFS, we have a launch in Las Vegas coming up. Priorities my friend. ;)
Yeah I guess I'm just too suspicious and of course with Vegas on the horizon, nothing could be even remotely wrong with Rugby League in Australia and everything would be above board. I've just given myself a stiff right upper cut. :)

Dragon David

First Grade
Brother, just having some fun. What else is there until the off season is done?
Everybody needs to relax, unwind, take deep breaths, cool it, watch some revenge movies, read a book, look at some ..., well anything to take your mind off until we get the confirmation that we have signed shit all AND THEN YOU CAN SWEAR AND CURSE AND LET IT RIP!!!! hahahaha!.

saintmar

Juniors
If Sua is not going to sign another contract with us then let him go for next year and let them have Bird as well.
Agree but we have no one of that calibre until the younger brigade are fully ready, it's going to be very painful watching us next year.
How sad we have no one that can actually sign anyone or keep anyone who is worth keeping.

shiloh dc

Juniors
So the Bulldogs are trying to offload a current Australian team player (Addo-Carr) in his prime? When was the last time this happened? Given he was also allowed to leave the Storm (another rarity) - there must be some underlying issues. What those issues are are unknown but for me they represent too big a risk to take a punt on his signature. I strongly suspect the proposed swap with Matterson would have come as a shock to both the Eels and Matterson - probably Gus driving the narrative.

shiloh dc

Juniors
The play that our MIA management needed to make was - get a journo to write up that Sua Fa'alogo is worth $800K. This would force the Storm to pay 300K-400K extra to keep him otherwise we should have prized him away for that amount. Remember, the Knights paid overs for K Ponga when he had only played 9 games for the cows.