What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm sure that given a bit more time the signings will be revealed. Not all but some. I'm guessing say two more for 2024 and at this stage a couple for 2025, maybe announced either before Christmas or in the new year.

I think that Flanagan wants to train up the young ones as well. Get them developing as much as the first graders and earmark many for future reserves, top grade. I think he knows that there are several good young ones coming through, like many on here know of, that he could properly develop and use rather than go stupid and sign older ones and pay out big.

Complete opposite to how the Dogs are doing it and panic buying to get numbers up but that will ultimately screw them in my opinion. That's what I am hoping anyway.

We follow the Panthers formula, we will be successful longer in the future.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
From my cousin who works as a part-time cleaner at Cowboys Leagues in Townsville - we won't get Dearden. Cowboys are working on a deal whereby they can increase his payments over a few years without breaking the back-ended contract rules. There is an in-principal agreement in place already. It might only be a rumour but my cousin is in a position to hear a lot of things up there, and I'm inclined to believe her.

Victoire

Juniors
From my cousin who works as a part-time cleaner at Cowboys Leagues in Townsville - we won't get Dearden. Cowboys are working on a deal whereby they can increase his payments over a few years without breaking the back-ended contract rules. There is an in-principal agreement in place already. It might only be a rumour but my cousin is in a position to hear a lot of things up there, and I'm inclined to believe her.
lol a part time cleaner. Does she also solve impossible equations that are left on the blackboard?

possm

Coach
I think Bird would be a perfect utility playing some but not a heap of minutes as indicated on the podcast
It is time we started running the club with a business-like attitude. Bird takes up 550 of cap space. For that sort of dollars, we could get a very good edge forward.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
lol a part time cleaner. Does she also solve impossible equations that are left on the blackboard?
You may scoff if you wish. But when I last worked in an office the best rumours came from the bloke who emptied the bins next to the management photo-copier. I doubt my cousin has that level of access, but like I said she's more likely to hear stuff from the Cowboy's point of view than you or I.

Not doubting you but I can’t see anything on this🤷🏻

Following is from this article (source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/17d97fd2bb4f367ada4c88e90b46b9f7) -

TIGERS YOUNG GUN’S DECISION

Wests Tigers young gun Junior Tupou is reportedly being chased by two NRL rivals for 2025 and beyond.

The Daily Telegraph reported Tupou is in the sights of the Raiders and the Roosters when his contract expires in November 2024.

The 21-year-old cemented his spot in the Tigers team last season scoring six tries in 22 games to take his career tally to eight from 26 matches since his debut in 2022.

The flying winger, who can also play in the centres led the Tigers in linebreaks and tackle busts in 2023 and has cemented his place in the backline ahead of the 2024 season.

He also debuted for Tonga in 2023, with one Test to his namer to date.

Tupou was originally raised in Canberra and made the switch to the Tigers ahead of his first-grade debut.

The latest developments came after The Telegraph reported in early November that Tupou was offered a two-year contract extension by the Tigers.

However a deal is yet to be signed with Tupou’s future beyond 2024 now up in the air and the Tigers fighting two clubs for his signature.

Tigers skipper Api Koroisau was full of praise for Tupou earlier this season and he clearly has the support of the playing group.

“He’s a freak. Just watching his carries on the way back, (I’m) so proud of him,” Koroisau said.

“To be that young too, he’s really composed, great under the high ball and just works his backside off for this team. Just to see him get off started like that, it really is a pleasure.”

Tupou also drew praise from Eels halfback Mitchell Moses showing he is rated highly by his peers.

“He put us under the pump, that Junior Tupou,” Moses said.

“For a young kid, I thought, how he was carrying the ball, he was unbelievable for them, and he tore us to shreds really, and he hurt us. So, it’s a credit to him.”

twinkletoes

Juniors
I think we can all be confident he won't be coming to us at this point in time... as many have said we will need to build from internally but that is a long term project over 3-5 years, if we can snag some better quality players in that time well and good, but the likes of Deardon, Manu, AFB etc won't want to take that risk until they see where we are heading..

BLM01

First Grade
I'm hoping we explore the English system, they've had a few good younger players move into the nrl system. We could even make it easier for them by targetting a group of english players for our team. Imo transfer fees are an issue but I'm hoping we're more comfortable paying it under Flanno. An added bonus is they don't miss any nrl games during origin time.
No Thankyou to English current SL players.
not many flourish or survive out here lately except for maybe Hodgson Bateman and Whitehead in the past 10 years all forwards