What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Thats very much a change in language, I like it! Maybe I do need a codesports subscription for this offseason..
Because they got their replacement they need in Capewell and have upgraded others they want to keep. Dont forget they had to fit RTS and CHT this year who are basically spine players or at least spine money value. AFB is now free to go this? or next year me thinks for cap reasons. The only player of value they lost from 23 main squad so far is Curran who would not of been on big coin. Sironen also would not of been on much.

TheRev

First Grade
Because they got their replacement they need in Capewell and have upgraded others they want to keep. Dont forget they had to fit RTS and CHT this year who are basically spine players or at least spine money value. AFB is now free to go this? or next year me thinks for cap reasons. The only player of value they lost from 23 main squad so far is Curran who would not of been on big coin. Sironen also would not of been on much.
I still think AFB wont go in 2024 without a player swap.. but surely not Su'a if they have Ford/Capewell and the rest..

But do they have another prop in their system that can step in, or do they still need one in replacement? Its a big hole he would leave.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
From memory the last rugby convert Saints signed was Scott Gourley. If the guy from Highlands is half as good as Gourley, I will be happy.

There are comments on FB from Highlands and Super Rugby fans that rate this guy highly so hopefully it comes good. If he comes in June it is not a bad thing. Give the guy some experience and prep him for 2025.

Good to see Saints looking outside the box for signings.

How long till we see a pic of Gus having a secret meeting with this guy?

hewi

Bench
We can also reveal that it’s not only Australian players who are in the sights of league clubs.
New Zealand Super Rugby backrower Hugh Renton is in talks with St George Illawarra Dragons about a potential mid-season switch.
The 27-year-old, who plays for the Highlanders, is known for his aggressive style and if a deal is sorted, he’d be available for the Dragons after the Super season finishes in June.

Illusion

Bench
We can also reveal that it’s not only Australian players who are in the sights of league clubs.
New Zealand Super Rugby backrower Hugh Renton is in talks with St George Illawarra Dragons about a potential mid-season switch.
The 27-year-old, who plays for the Highlanders, is known for his aggressive style and if a deal is sorted, he’d be available for the Dragons after the Super season finishes in June.
Well this is what I'm taking about looking outside the square ....... Well done .......

dungay dragon

Juniors
Renton plays open side flanker or number 8. Both positions are mongrels in defence and posess more ball playing skills than your average pig.

Open side flanker suggests he has a bit of speed and can move well laterally as they have to cover the most ground the quickest off scrum plays.

He has also been talked up as a potential no.8 for the All Blacks... Which even if he wasn't to get it, being considered for that position is a big deal.

Unlike a lot of union/league concerts where second row forwards in league would slot into the centres in Union (SBW, Crichton, Burgess and Murray). He seems like he would slot into prop or lock, more akin to Brad Thorn.

Maul them in the tackle not when it’s done
has he been signed ?

Gardenia

Juniors
Not a case of liking someone nor a boys club.
It’s a case of enjoying posters comments with the exception of ones that personally attack. @getsmarty, Along with others provide the forum with information & stories which saves us from searching ourselves.

BTW, I normally enjoy your posts too but not in this case.
Well someone saying 'NAILED IT some people will never be happy" when I innocently pointed out that "some players" had been available in the market and used Tracey as one example?? I was genuinely confused not whinging and then I am getting reprimanded for whinging - that's not fair at all to me. I wear my heart on my sleeve and yes I am passionate!!! I am sick of being told we supporters are too negative and its our fault!! I have searched the internet every damn day since November 1 for positive news - hoping hoping. I am sick of it being turned on supporters like me - be positive for positives sake etc etc.

If Get smarty didn't mean to ridicule me and it was simply a misunderstanding well that's all he has to say and ill happily apologize. But he didn't and he just let someone else put shit on me. I have posted the exact cut and paste context of posts. I didnt see anyone tell this merkin - she wasnt whinging!!! why do my feelings matter less?

justadragon

Bench
Well someone saying 'NAILED IT some people will never be happy" when I innocently pointed out that "some players" had been available in the market and used Tracey as one example?? I was genuinely confused not whinging and then I am getting reprimanded for whinging - that's not fair at all to me. I wear my heart on my sleeve and yes I am passionate!!! I am sick of being told we supporters are too negative and its our fault!! I have searched the internet every damn day since November 1 for positive news - hoping hoping. I am sick of it being turned on supporters like me - be positive for positives sake etc etc.

If Get smarty didn't mean to ridicule me and it was simply a misunderstanding well that's all he has to say and ill happily apologize. But he didn't and he just let someone else put shit on me. I have posted the exact cut and paste context of posts. I didnt see anyone tell this merkin - she wasnt whinging!!! why do my feelings matter less?
Gardenia as has been mentioned in previous posts, no one wants to see anyone go. You will notice now on other threads there are conflicts as well to the extent of personal attacks and wanting to leave. your feelings are important just like everyone else's. We are never ever all going to write posts that please everyone or determine how they are interpreted. To me I have read the posts and the term whinging was directed to everyone not just you, it just fell under your post. I cant convince you to do anything you dont want, but in my humble opinion you will be missed by as much as anyone else if you go, and if its an apology then 'Im sorry you felt that way'. Im not expecting anyone to change the way they write, but we all need to be mindful its a forum, its a discussion and an opinion, things will be written and you may not like it. Dont take it personally unless its a personal attack.

getsmarty

Immortal
Gardenia as has been mentioned in previous posts, no one wants to see anyone go. You will notice now on other threads there are conflicts as well to the extent of personal attacks and wanting to leave. your feelings are important just like everyone else's. We are never ever all going to write posts that please everyone or determine how they are interpreted. To me I have read the posts and the term whinging was directed to everyone not just you, it just fell under your post. I cant convince you to do anything you dont want, but in my humble opinion you will be missed by as much as anyone else if you go, and if its an apology then 'Im sorry you felt that way'. Im not expecting anyone to change the way they write, but we all need to be mindful its a forum, its a discussion and an opinion, things will be written and you may not like it. Dont take it personally unless its a personal attack.
To me I have read the posts and the term whinging was directed to everyone not just you, it just fell under your post.

exactly this....

getsmarty

Immortal
Wow just Wow.
@Gardenia I think you have gone too far.
I don’t see any cheap shots from @getsmarty towards anyone in any of his valuable posts.

Thankyou @blacksafake ...comment was in General..

I think you can look at the history of my posts here and its never my intention to " Gaslight " or take " Cheap Shots " at anyone.

@Gardenia . Apologies if you have taken offense... I should have posted my reply as a general comment...lesson learned.

Time to move on.

blacksafake

First Grade

How about we call it a misunderstanding ( which is how I see it) & all move forward supporting the dragons.

I don’t know about you but I’m too old & tired to worry about what people say unless it is a personal attack on me.

Not everyone agrees with all posts & that’s ok after all it is a forum just so as long as it doesn’t get personal or involve racism.

We all have one thing in common & that is wanting the dragons to do well which is why we’re on here venting our frustrations.

redv13

Bench
How about we call it a misunderstanding ( which is how I see it) & all move forward supporting the dragons.

I don’t know about you but I’m too old & tired to worry about what people say unless it is a personal attack on me.

Not everyone agrees with all posts & that’s ok after all it is a forum just so as long as it doesn’t get personal or involve racism.

We all have one thing in common & that is wanting the dragons to do well which is why we’re on here venting our frustrations.
Well said mate. It’s not getsmarty style to put shit on anyone. Misunderstanding, let’s move on

Latest posts