What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Bench
Gardenia, I have been reading your input over many years now - I joined in 2016- and am normally happy to do so. But I must disagree with you here. Get Smarty plays an extremely valuable and time consuming role on this Forum and he never sets out to attack anyone. At various times he has revealed himself to be the politest of gentlemen. I remember one time he was attacked and he disappeared for a month or two because he had had enough. We were all the worse off for his absence in that time. At this stage it seems that he has some positive knowledge that he can't reveal but this has led him to defend the new coach/recruitment officer. I and many others value his role immensely.
I am happy for you and that is fine but the way he spoke to me wasnt great and made worse by the jerk who quoted the post and said some people are never happy!! you liking him doesnt make it all ok for me.

Did it strike a nerve YES. I am sick of waiting for improvement and getting my hopes up and to say some people are never happy the stirrer who quoted his post - well what the hell are we supposed to do just be happy with crap and being let down over and over again.

Last edited:

Gardenia

Bench
Wow just Wow.
@Gardenia I think you have gone too far.
I don’t see any cheap shots from @getsmarty towards anyone in any of his valuable posts.
Oh really ? was it really necessary to twist my words and I tell you what the merken who quoted his post and said "yes some people are never happy and just want to whinge around here" I think they are the ones who have stirred the pot. That really set me off as Ive been a long suffering supporting for a long time. That comment turned it into an attack on me over a nothing comment and I dont appreciate that. Its bad enough seeing NO SIGNINGS

Fair call that you Like get smarty but my feelings are relevant too and I am allowed to state facts

@getsmarty - do not go I will leave you to your boys club and go myself

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Oh really ? was it really necessary to twist my words and I tell you what the merken who quoted his post and said "yes some people are never happy and just want to whinge around here" I think they are the ones who have stirred the pot. That really set me off as Ive been a long suffering supporting for a long time. That comment turned it into an attack on me over a nothing comment and I dont appreciate that. Its bad enough seeing NO SIGNINGS

Fair call that you Like get smarty but my feelings are relevant too and I am allowed to state facts

Don't go Gardenia. We need you both.

Illusion

Bench

Mate stay on , everyone is entitled to have a say whether we agree or not , I know sometimes people read some post different than what we mean ...... Let it go and stay on ......

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Really, thats one out left field, what is this guys background and whats your source ??
Renton plays open side flanker or number 8. Both positions are mongrels in defence and posess more ball playing skills than your average pig.

Open side flanker suggests he has a bit of speed and can move well laterally as they have to cover the most ground the quickest off scrum plays.

He has also been talked up as a potential no.8 for the All Blacks... Which even if he wasn't to get it, being considered for that position is a big deal.

Unlike a lot of union/league concerts where second row forwards in league would slot into the centres in Union (SBW, Crichton, Burgess and Murray). He seems like he would slot into prop or lock, more akin to Brad Thorn.

blacksafake

First Grade

Not a case of liking someone nor a boys club.
It’s a case of enjoying posters comments with the exception of ones that personally attack. @getsmarty, Along with others provide the forum with information & stories which saves us from searching ourselves.

BTW, I normally enjoy your posts too but not in this case.

View attachment 82401
View attachment 82402
View attachment 82403
**FULL CONTEXT ABOVE - I AM NOT ACKNOWLEDGING SHIT. I DESERVE AN APOLOGY**
Hi Gardenia,
Just giving my humble appraisal
I thought @getsmarty was just rewording an old expression
"Damned if you do,
Damned if you don't"
Though it was posted as a reply, I didn't read it as a personal attack on you.
I was on-line last night when you posted. Must admit it shocked me a little.
I went through hundreds of @getsmarty posts
It's not his style to attack anyone

Hopefully we can all move on.

P.S. I appreciate both of your posts

Dragon David

First Grade
i cant find that article
Article Image

‘Good chance’: Flanno backs Dragons to land AFB​

As the contract battle for Warriors enforcer Addin Fonua-Blake heats up, Dragons coach Shane Flanagan has backed his team to land the Dally M Prop of the Year’s signature. SUBSCRIBE for the full story.

justadragon

Bench
View attachment 82401
View attachment 82402
View attachment 82403
**FULL CONTEXT ABOVE - I AM NOT ACKNOWLEDGING SHIT. I DESERVE AN APOLOGY**
All i can say guys is this forum would be a worse place if either of you go, this is a time for all us Dragons fans to stick together no matter what. Unfortunately we have to portray our feelings in writing and that can get grossly confusing to others. I appreciate the fact that members write what they want as long as its not personal or degrading. I havent been here as long as others but we are probably the most active forum on here, I love this forum because of the diverse members that are in it, so no one please leave, we need everyone kicking arse for a big 2024 !!!

justadragon

Bench
Article Image

‘Good chance’: Flanno backs Dragons to land AFB​

As the contract battle for Warriors enforcer Addin Fonua-Blake heats up, Dragons coach Shane Flanagan has backed his team to land the Dally M Prop of the Year’s signature. SUBSCRIBE for the full story.
So Flanno must be prepared to let Su'a go.

TheRev

Coach
Landing AFB doesnt 'necessarily' mean Sua goes.. not unless its a 2024 transfer.. but tbh that article headline just says "we're a good chance" so maybe its just journo rubbish.. we need like 1 forum goer to buy a codesports sub 4srs.

Last edited:

Latest posts