What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Hooray for Gardenia and Getsmarty. Stick together everyone. I am sure that we will see great things happening in 2024. I have heard from a mate who has been one of Tyrell Sloan's teachers/mentors from Dapto High. Tyrell is very happy with how things are trending at the Dragons. He couldn't be more happy with Flanagan. He knows that Flanagan will help the team immensely next year. He has acknowledged that Flanno wants him to build up and improve his defence and Flanno will be helping him.

Tyrell is all smiles and looking forward to a big year with the sharing of the fullback position with Zac Lomax and he added that he might be given a go at 5/8th.

The festive season is on us now and I am hoping that the Posters on this Forum can look forward to a wonderful time.

From memory the last rugby convert Saints signed was Scott Gourley. If the guy from Highlands is half as good as Gourley, I will be happy.

There are comments on FB from Highlands and Super Rugby fans that rate this guy highly so hopefully it comes good. If he comes in June it is not a bad thing. Give the guy some experience and prep him for 2025.

Good to see Saints looking outside the box for signings.

How long till we see a pic of Gus having a secret meeting with this guy?
Didn't we sign some hulking schoolboy rugby star last off season. Anyone know who that was and how he's progressing.

It would be one for the books if some left field unknown from last years recruitment, developed under the Dragons.
Fingers crossed

Nutz

Bench
Didn't we sign some hulking schoolboy rugby star last off season. Anyone know who that was and how he's progressing.

It would be one for the books if some left field unknown from last years recruitment, developed under the Dragons.
Fingers crossed
Loko Pasifiki Tonga perhaps, but I think he came through your system.
What's happened to a once proud clubs like Saints and Tigers.
I put a lot of blame on administration.
Lets hope our new coaches can raise us to at least the top 8.

hewi

Bench
Worth a go ?

registered-breach-pixel

Wests Tigers star David Nofoaluma refuses to train over claims of mistreatment under coaching staff​

The Wests Tigers have held urgent talks with veteran winger David Nofoaluma over his refusal to train since last week, citing ‘unfair treatment’ under coach Benji Marshall.
David Riccio David Riccio

@DaveRic1

less than 2 min read
December 8, 2023 - 2:14PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
David Nofoaluma is refusing to train at the Wests Tigers.

The Wests Tigers have held urgent talks with veteran winger David Nofoaluma to resolve issues that have been escalated to the club’s welfare department.
Nofoaluma has refused to train since last Wednesday under rookie coach Benji Marshall due to what the 30-year-old claims is unfair treatment.
Wests Tigers coaching staff are putting it down to “mixed communication over the expectations placed on Nofoaluma”.
Other sources with intimate knowledge of the situation suggest that Nofoaluma is struggling and is at a crossroads in his career.
However, the experienced winger felt so aggrieved that he engaged the club’s welfare department, while reports have also surfaced that the Rugby League Players Association have been informed of the matter.
Members of the Wests Tigers coaching staff met with Nofoaluma on Thursday night in a bid to resolve the issue.
There’s an anticipation that he will resume training on Monday.
The matter continues a chequered past few years for Nofoaluma, which has included him being repeatedly shopped to rival clubs, while also being part of a loan deal to the Melbourne Storm in 2022.
At the time, Nofoaluma described the six-game stint as “one of the best things of my career”.
The 2020 Dally M winger of the year played 17-games for the Tigers in 2023 and is off-contract at the end of 2025

Nutz

Bench
Worth a go ?

View attachment 82415

Wests Tigers star David Nofoaluma refuses to train over claims of mistreatment under coaching staff​

The Wests Tigers have held urgent talks with veteran winger David Nofoaluma over his refusal to train since last week, citing ‘unfair treatment’ under coach Benji Marshall.
@DaveRic1

less than 2 min read

The Wests Tigers have held urgent talks with veteran winger David Nofoaluma to resolve issues that have been escalated to the club’s welfare department.
Nofoaluma has refused to train since last Wednesday under rookie coach Benji Marshall due to what the 30-year-old claims is unfair treatment.
Wests Tigers coaching staff are putting it down to “mixed communication over the expectations placed on Nofoaluma”.
Other sources with intimate knowledge of the situation suggest that Nofoaluma is struggling and is at a crossroads in his career.
However, the experienced winger felt so aggrieved that he engaged the club’s welfare department, while reports have also surfaced that the Rugby League Players Association have been informed of the matter.
Members of the Wests Tigers coaching staff met with Nofoaluma on Thursday night in a bid to resolve the issue.
The matter continues a chequered past few years for Nofoaluma, which has included him being repeatedly shopped to rival clubs, while also being part of a loan deal to the Melbourne Storm in 2022.
At the time, Nofoaluma described the six-game stint as “one of the best things of my career”.
The 2020 Dally M winger of the year played 17-games for the Tigers in 2023 and is off-contract at the end of 2025
He's getting smashed on our WT forum. He can kiss off.

Gardenia

Bench
Thankyou @blacksafake ...comment was in General..

I think you can look at the history of my posts here and its never my intention to " Gaslight " or take " Cheap Shots " at anyone.

@Gardenia . Apologies if you have taken offense... I should have posted my reply as a general comment...lesson learned.

Time to move on.
Hi Get Smarty

I apologize for my harsh words

Thankyou for your apology - I can see now it was general comment.

I think the person who quoted your post was the antagonist in this instance and ive taken the bait. I would have liked it if you stuck up for me there as I felt intimidated.

still no excuse to take it all out on you.

Merry Christmas and hopefully there are better times ahead for the Dragons as I cannot take much more pain

Kind Regards
Gardenia

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Worth a go ?

View attachment 82415

@DaveRic1

less than 2 min read

Not sure what's going on there, I always thought he was a pretty good winger. Played well when he went to the Storm too. Hard to know whether this is a Wests Tigers issue or a Nofoaluma issue. As far as Dragons are concerned though, my personal opinion is that you shouldn't buy a 30 year old winger.

Nutz

Bench
Just what you don't need
I watch most Tigers games with my Son - He supports them
just when you thinks there's some light.......................
So far 'touch wood" so such dramas our way
Hope Flanno keeps it that way
Like sand through the hourglass, these are the ways of the Wests Tigers.
I've been following the Tigers since 69 when cousin Pete captained them to the grand final. Obviously Saints and Norm are my sentimental favourites.
I would love to live long enough to watch another Saints v Tigers grand final (of course the magpies too)

Illusion

Bench
Hi Get Smarty

I think the person who quoted your post was the antagonist in this instance and ive taken the bait. I would have liked it if you stuck up for me there as I felt intimidated.

Merry Christmas and hopefully there are better times ahead for the Dragons as I cannot take much more pain

Kind Regards
Gardenia
That's the spirit , let's all drink up and enjoy Christmas 🎄 and look forward to the Dragons 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎁🤞🤞🤞🤞

getsmarty

Immortal
Hi Get Smarty

Kind Regards
Gardenia

Hi @Gardenia ,

I appreciate your generous words. I only knew there was an issue when I noticed the alerts under my profile.

We are not always going to agree on everything, but don't let anyone bring you down.

We all want the same thing, for our club to be successful again.

Best wishes to you and all your family for a safe Christmas and holiday period and I would also like to extend the same wishes to everyone on here.

Stay safe and look after yourself,

Smarty

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Hi @Gardenia ,

I appreciate your generous words. I only knew there was an issue when I noticed the alerts under my profile.

We are not always going to agree on everything, but don't let anyone bring you down.

Best wishes to you and all your family for a safe Christmas and holiday period and I would also like to extent the same wishes to everyone on here.

Smarty
Thanks Smarty. Warm wishes to you and yours for a lovely festive season and look forward to many more of your insightful and informative submissions on this Forum.

justadragon

Bench
Hi @Gardenia ,

Best wishes to you and all your family for a safe Christmas and holiday period and I would also like to extent the same wishes to everyone on here.

Smarty
Hey c'mon now this is a footy forum, enough of this touchy feely stuff :) nah in all seriousness well done guys, even though it was a misunderstanding its never too late to apologise. Lets hope all our members can put their differences aside after a very tough year and focus on 2024. Good on yah passionate dragons fans have a great xmas !!!

BLM01

First Grade
Not sure what's going on there, I always thought he was a pretty good winger. Played well when he went to the Storm too. Hard to know whether this is a Wests Tigers issue or a Nofoaluma issue. As far as Dragons are concerned though, my personal opinion is that you shouldn't buy a 30 year old winger.
Yep agree. Just seems at the Tigers he is comfortable being comfortable as would of been highlighted under Maguire. Couple a years ago he was killing it including playing pretty good under Bellamy and would of taken him in a heartbeat. Of course he killed the Dragons each time we played them, so hard to tackle. Not so sure now...if Flanno could unlock that form and effort.

Latest posts