What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Why don't we just put the players names in a hat on selection night and draw them out from 1 to 13 plus 4 reserves. That way we can surprise the opposition when we line up on match day

That will be the Dogs tactic for 2024. They have all the utilities who can play any position.

Welsby would be an exciting acquisition. Apparently Hunt approves lol.....Why should they care what he thinks, he wants to leave anyway or maybe that is a clear sign that he intends to stay the 2 years.

Good to see Saints are looking outside the box. First the Super Rugby guy, now Welsby.

Gardenia

Bench
Easy there fellas.. a fall from the height you are getting urselves too will be fatal.. lets sign 1 of them first..

I would also love to know why Welsby hasnt already signed with another nrl club, surely theyve tried? He's in a long contract iirc, and I guess most clubs have a gun fullback so he's not quite as useful.

Note: Does this mean Dearden is no longer a go? Seem very similar roles and standings... Mam has fallen thru.
Oh dear I was really hoping for Dearden

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
That will be the Dogs tactic for 2024. They have all the utilities who can play any position.

Welsby would be an exciting acquisition. Apparently Hunt approves lol.....Why should they care what he thinks, he wants to leave anyway or maybe that is a clear sign that he intends to stay the 2 years.

Good to see Saints are looking outside the box. First the Super Rugby guy, now Welsby.
Who's the super rugby guy

The Word

Juniors
Oh dear I was really hoping for Dearden
Not out of the equation yet Gardenia. Flanagan is clearly looking for 3 or 4 elite players for 2025. From what I can make out he is allocating the big bucks to a FB, Half and Middle Forward (maybe a backrower as well?).

Very hard to dislodge an elite player, even spending a bit over market rates, which I think he's happy to do with a couple of deals to get us going.

That means you need to cast your net wide, as there's a good chance of knock-backs for all of these deals. Hence the reason he's having a crack at multiple players. This guy is not resting on his laurels, he's being super active and thinking outside the box which we've been wanting for ages, looking at the UK and Union.

To cut a long story short, Dearden is still on the list lol.

And for all those who think Richardson is going to work miracles at Wests, maybe he will maybe he won't. But I'd much rather have a top line coach than a top line CEO if I had to choose one or the other.

justadragon

Bench
Not out of the equation yet Gardenia. Flanagan is clearly looking for 3 or 4 elite players for 2025. From what I can make out he is allocating the big bucks to a FB, Half and Middle Forward (maybe a backrower as well?).

Very hard to dislodge an elite player, even spending a bit over market rates, which I think he's happy to do with a couple of deals to get us going.

That means you need to cast your net wide, as there's a good chance of knock-backs for all of these deals. Hence the reason he's having a crack at multiple players. This guy is not resting on his laurels, he's being super active and thinking outside the box which we've been wanting for ages, looking at the UK and Union.

And for all those who think Richardson is going to work miracles at Wests, maybe he will maybe he won't. But I'd much rather have a top line coach than a top line CEO if I had to choose one or the other.
I think Richardson is a proven winner, look at what he did with Souths and Penrith, he certainly wouldnt have made the dumb arse mistakes our club has made over the last 5 years. You need a red hot ceo with a good coach, not an ordinary dinosaur with a no idea twit. Lets hope that the Flanno and Webb combination works out well.

Last edited:

The Word

Juniors
I think Richardson is a proven winner, look at what he did with Souths and Penrith, he certainly wouldnt have made the dumb arse mistakes our club has made over the last 5 years.
Gus Gould was responsible for the biggest changes at club and district level for the panthers. What a legacy he's left.

Souths, and I could be completely wrong here, but that change was driven by Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes A Court putting their own money in and getting the Burgess brothers etc. For me, Sam Burgess was a bigger reason for their Premiership season than "Richo" was.

justadragon

Bench
Gus Gould was responsible for the biggest changes at club and district level for the panthers. What a legacy he's left.

Souths, and I could be completely wrong here, but that change was driven by Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes A Court putting their own money in and getting the Burgess brothers etc. For me, Sam Burgess was a bigger reason for their Premiership season than "Richo" was.
Yep you are right with Crowe and Holmes A Court, they just threw money at the club but it was Richo doing all the behind the scenes work at Souths. At Panthers he ran a pretty tight ship, he really didnt let Gus do what he has been doing at the Dogs lately, Richo was always keen on building from within, just like he wants to do at the tigers. But anyway I'm backing the Flanno/Webb combo to shine.

The Word

Juniors
Yep you are right with Crowe and Holmes A Court, they just threw money at the club but it was Richo doing all the behind the scenes work at Souths. At Panthers he ran a pretty tight ship, he really didnt let Gus do what he has been doing at the Dogs lately, Richo was always keen on building from within, just like he wants to do at the tigers. But anyway I'm backing the Flanno/Webb combo to shine.
Sam Burgess has said many times it was Russell Crowe that got him there. Sam was the reason the brothers went there. They were the main reason Souths won the GF. Nothing to do with "Richo".

With regard to the development of the Penrith District system, the changes Gould made have been well documented.

Gardenia

Bench

This is so true. Even Hunt proved hard to dislodge and he actively wanted to leave us. I remember the Broncos fans getting very excited and thinking like heck you are getting our best player. Flanagan is doing everything he can. He eventually will land a big one. I am happy with his latest signing. Nearly Christmas time. Lets see what the first half of 2024 brings.

Latest posts